Jump to content


Quest to discover TRF's favourite Lifeson guitar solo - Part 1: RUSH


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: RUSH guitar solos (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Which song contains your favourite guitar solo?

  1. Finding My Way (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.70%

  2. Need Some Love (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. Take a Friend (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. Here Again (10 votes [37.04%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 37.04%

  5. What You're Doing (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.41%

  6. In the Mood (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  7. Before & After (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. Working Man (14 votes [51.85%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 51.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Brucey

Brucey

    Babycat's Nemesis

  • Members *
  • 8893 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

Thought I'd do something a tad different. Once 24 hours or so passes I'll keep note of which song won out here, then post the songs from the next album. Once we've been through every album, I'll post the winning songs from each album and we can find out once and for all what his best guitar solo is!


This is probably just a pointless faff and La Villa will end up pissing it.

Sponsored Post

#2 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2877 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

As much as I love Working Man's guitar solo, the only one that tops that is Here Again, so very good and underrated


Go to 5 mins in and hear the amazingness



Edited by Bigbobby10, 23 May 2017 - 07:31 PM.


#3 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

Brucey, your last sentence might actually work to make it happen. :lol:

#4 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99412 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostBrucey, on 23 May 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

This is probably just a pointless faff and La Villa will end up pissing it.

Yeah, probably. Personally I'd vote for Subdivisions or Kid Gloves as my favorite.

#5 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

ok, let's go ... This will be fun, even though it isn't really fair to eliminate seven solos here that are better than anything post 1980

Working Man

#6 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Here Again.

#7 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21766 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

You need to narrow it down more than that. There can be multiple guitar solos in each song. If we're going for an accurate tally of opinions.  :P

#8 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5538 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Duluth, MN
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Hmmm....gotta go Working Man for round 1.

#9 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 61442 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Definitely Working Man.

#10 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

I can't narrow it down...Working Man, Here Again, and What You're Doing.

I think I'll vote for What You're Doing, just to be a contrarian. ;)

(It is honest, though...I LOVE that tune, all the way around. And the solo is top notch).

#11 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

Oh, by the way- Barry White, Brucey? Haha...I love it!

#12 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63094 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

Here Again

But in general, Lifeson was on fire on the debut, showing immediately that he meant business :guitar:

#13 Brucey

Brucey

    Babycat's Nemesis

  • Members *
  • 8893 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

You need to narrow it down more than that. There can be multiple guitar solos in each song. If we're going for an accurate tally of opinions.  :P

You're right, but....but....that takes a bit more effort and I can't remember every song off by heart, so this will have to do. My thread, my rules! :P

#14 Brucey

Brucey

    Babycat's Nemesis

  • Members *
  • 8893 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

So far it's a little closer than I thought it'd be, I assumed Working Man would walk this one.

#15 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42122 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

As well it should!

#16 Na na na

Na na na

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2008 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bergen, Norway
  • Interests:Music, cooking, wine, fine clothing, wet shaving, traveling & football (soccer)

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Here Again

#17 diatribein

diatribein

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 324 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

It is depressing to see the song I dislike the most off what I consider to be RUSH's worst studio album of originals coming so close to the only song I actually really love off this album. I hate Here Again and this kind of blues is terribly boring to me. I hope Working Man pulls it out.

#18 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

View Postdiatribein, on 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

It is depressing to see the song I dislike the most off what I consider to be RUSH's worst studio album of originals coming so close to the only song I actually really love off this album. I hate Here Again and this kind of blues is terribly boring to me. I hope Working Man pulls it out.

Whenever a working man pulls it out I run for the hills.

#19 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

View Posttoymaker, on 24 May 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

View Postdiatribein, on 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

It is depressing to see the song I dislike the most off what I consider to be RUSH's worst studio album of originals coming so close to the only song I actually really love off this album. I hate Here Again and this kind of blues is terribly boring to me. I hope Working Man pulls it out.

Whenever a working man pulls it out I run for the hills.

I guess that's why they call me

#20 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 24 May 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 24 May 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

View Postdiatribein, on 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

It is depressing to see the song I dislike the most off what I consider to be RUSH's worst studio album of originals coming so close to the only song I actually really love off this album. I hate Here Again and this kind of blues is terribly boring to me. I hope Working Man pulls it out.

Whenever a working man pulls it out I run for the hills.

I guess that's why they call me

Do you "get up at 7, yeah"?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users