Moving Pictures or Vapor Trails?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Moving Pictures or Vapor Trails?

• Moving Pictures
    • Vapor Trails
  2. 2. One Little Victory or Limelight?

• One Little Victory
    • Limelight

I'm not going to say that I think that Moving Pictures is overrated or that Limelight isn't a great song, but I voted for Vapour Trails and One Little Victory because I genuinely prefer them. They mean more to me personally, and I listen to them way more often.
  • Like 1

Boston's Debut or Corporate America?

Zeppelin IV or CODA?

Van Halen I or III?

Queen's A Night at the Opera or Hot Space?

:P

Lol, accurate.

A New Hope vs. Attack Of The Clones

Zeppelin IV or CODA?

Van Halen I or III?

Lol, accurate.

I am actually voting Attack Of The Clones on this one. I love the prequels minus Jar Jar vaguely racist Binks. I hate The Force Awakens.

Cue the chorus of YOU WOULD!

Zeppelin IV or CODA?

Van Halen I or III?

Lol, accurate.

I am actually voting Attack Of The Clones on this one. I love the prequels minus Jar Jar vaguely racist Binks. I hate The Force Awakens.

Cue the chorus of YOU WOULD!

Nah, I wouldn't say "You would".

"Of course", "I knew it", or maybe "I'm not surprised" but I'd never say "You would."

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the "Limelight has been overplayed" and "Moving Pictures is overrated" posts.

No, no, no. It's Tom Sawyer that's the drag on Moving Pictures. Because, you see, people who don't know which specific guitar Alex used for the 3rd take during the recording of Cinderella Man like it.

• Like 1

As an aside, I personally think that fans who refuse to differentiate between the quality of a band's albums ("Which one? All of them!") in reality detract from the greatness of some of the work. In your own jobs, you don't have better days than others? If you play sports, even if you just do it for exercise or recreation, you don't have days that you perform better than others? A band can't do that?

As an aside, I personally think that fans who refuse to differentiate between the quality of a band's albums ("Which one? All of them!") in reality detract from the greatness of some of the work. In your own jobs, you don't have better days than others? If you play sports, even if you just do it for exercise or recreation, you don't have days that you perform better than others? A band can't do that?

There are no objective standards for judging the quality of a band's albums, and preference is entirely subjective. It is perfectly valid for a person to be unable to choose an album that they like the best.

There are no objective standards for judging the quality of a band's albums, and preference is entirely subjective. It is perfectly valid for a person to be unable to choose an album that they like the best.

Yes, it is subjective. But that's not the same as saying they are all of equal quality, even subjectively. Do you like all Italian dishes exactly the same amount? Do you like all the sports teams you root for exactly the same amount?

Yes, it is subjective. But that's not the same as saying they are all of equal quality, even subjectively. Do you like all Italian dishes exactly the same amount? Do you like all the sports teams you root for exactly the same amount?

You are still confusing quality with preference.

No I'm not. I'm saying you can be a Rush fan and still say you like album A more than album B. Doesn't make you any less a fan. The idea that a band could release 19 albums, and that someone likes each one to the exact same degree, is a little hard to believe.

No I'm not. I'm saying you can be a Rush fan and still say you like album A more than album B. Doesn't make you any less a fan. The idea that a band could release 19 albums, and that someone likes each one to the exact same degree, is a little hard to believe.

That might be what you meant, but it certainly isn't what you said. See the bolded.

That might be what you meant, but it certainly isn't what you said. See the bolded.

Fair enough. I stand by the general point that to say that all 19 albums are equally good diminishes the greatness of some of them.

Fair enough. I stand by the general point that to say that all 19 albums are equally good diminishes the greatness of some of them.

I don't like all 19 albums equally by any stretch, but I still can't choose one favourite because so many of them are wonderful. How does that diminish the greatness of anything?

I don't like all 19 albums equally by any stretch, but I still can't choose one favourite because so many of them are wonderful. How does that diminish the greatness of anything?

Are you saying you can't differentiate between any of the band's albums? Because that's what I said originally.

Come on, TK. I love Vapor Trails, but I'm going to say Moving Pictures wins "by a country mile," specifically because you told me not to. :P