Put That Coffee down! Let's talk about something important...let's talk about the Jethro Tull Steven Wilson Remixes.

treeduck

I don't have them, but my brother has them all, so I've heard them.

Well, not the 5.1 mixes, because I don't have enough speakers for that. But the stereo remixes sound great.

Plus, you get a huge novel to read with with each one :LOL:

• Like 1

Well, not the 5.1 mixes, because I don't have enough speakers for that. But the stereo remixes sound great.

I'm ready to go TULL-INSANE! :smoke:

• Like 3

Probably the most fascinating sections of the booklets is Steve Wilson going into detail on the whys and wherefores of his remixing process. Which aspects of the sound he chose to bring to the forefront and highlight, and why. A good read.
  • Like 2

I have 6 of them (Stand Up, Aqualung, Passion Play, War Child, Minstrel and Too Old...) in a weird form. My friend who died last year (R.I.P. mate) had them on his PC, but he only had the CD's ripped to flac files, including scans of all the booklets. He gave them to me and so I have all the CD (stereo) stuff that's there. :hail:
  • Like 2

Probably the most fascinating sections of the booklets is Steve Wilson going into detail on the whys and wherefores of his remixing process. Which aspects of the sound he chose to bring to the forefront and highlight, and why. A good read.

Wilson is obsessed with prog. He's got a prodigious prog appetite!

• Like 3

I have 6 of them (Stand Up, Aqualung, Passion Play, War Child, Minstrel and Too Old...) in a weird form. My friend who died last year (R.I.P. mate) had them on his PC, but he only had the CD's ripped to flac files, including scans of all the booklets. He gave them to me and so I have all the CD (stereo) stuff that's there. :hail:

Why not Benefit??

Why not Benefit??

Good question, but as I said, I got them as a gift and Benefit wasn't in that package.

Why not Benefit??

Good question, but as I said, I got them as a gift and Benefit wasn't in that package.

You'll have to pick that one up.

• Like 1

Why not Benefit??

Aye. It's on my wait list for a long time now.

• Like 1

I have Benefit, Aqualung, Stand Up (the deluxe one with the book since that was all I could find at the time), Thick As A Brick. They sound fantastic! Which others are must haves?
  • Like 2

I have Benefit, Aqualung, Stand Up (the deluxe one with the book since that was all I could find at the time), Thick As A Brick. They sound fantastic! Which others are must haves?

Minstrel in the Gallery includes a bonus Paris 75 live disc, which is fantastic.

A Passion Play also includes a remix of the Chateau d’Herouville sessions, minus all the extra overdubs that went onto it for Nightcap, which is well worth hearing.

• Like 5

Put down the coffee?

NEVER!!

How dare you ask me to commit such a nefarious act.

Yes!

I allow myself both coffee and Jethro Tull! :coffee:

I have the super deluxe versions of Benefit, A Passion Play, and Minstrel in the Gallery. I really should get the others (hmm, perhaps I'll just ask other people to buy them for me! ;) ).

They really are superb- and the essays and liner notes, all of the extras that go along with them- I think they are certainly worth the twenty extra dollars or whatever it is.

Just get one, duck, and then decide on the rest. (I think after just one of them, you'll be convinced to spend the extra bread on at least a couple more).

• Like 4

Why not Benefit??

Holy shit! Just checked the Steven Wilson Remixes folder on my external drive and Benefit is in there!!!

I don't know how it happened, but I totally missed that one! Maybe too much :smoke: :LOL:

• Like 4

I don't have any of these YET but I definitely want some of the deluxe versions, especially Stand Up and Minstrel.

I'd like to have Stand Up, definitely.

• Like 2

A Passion Play also includes a remix of the Chateau d’Herouville sessions, minus all the extra overdubs that went onto it for Nightcap, which is well worth hearing.

:drool: Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Hmmm...may have pick some of these up.

Me too now that I know they exist. Thanks Duck!

• Like 1

BIG NEWS:

Coming In May

Songs From The Wood - The Country Edition (3CD/ 2DVD)

Steven Wilson Remix/5.1 Surround Sound Mix of the classic 1977 album plus two unreleased tracks,and a double live audio visual concert of Tull Live in America in 77!

Will have to check the piggy bank again for this one? Don't suppose it will be cheap,but will be worth it.

* Heavy Horses gets the SW treatment in 2018; Stormwatch in 2019!

• Like 6

BIG NEWS:

Coming In May

Songs From The Wood - The Country Edition (3CD/ 2DVD)

Steven Wilson Remix/5.1 Surround Sound Mix of the classic 1977 album plus two unreleased tracks,and a double live audio visual concert of Tull Live in America in 77!

Will have to check the piggy bank again for this one? Don't suppose it will be cheap,but will be worth it.

* Heavy Horses gets the SW treatment in 2018; Stormwatch in 2019!

Why do I have to wait a year for Heavy Horses? Not fair!