Outside the box battle: Double Agent vs. Time and Motion.

rocket ignites

Double Agent vs. Time and Motion  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which odd Rush tune do you prefer?

• Double Agent
    • Time and Motion

Double Agent.

I do like Time And Motion a lot too. I was able to see them early enough on the T4E and witnessed a rare live performance of it before it got dropped a couple weeks into the tour.

Missed the CP tour as I was just becoming a fan at that time, so I wasn't that familiar with everything yet and passed on the show here. Double Agent was a song I always wanted to see them do live but knew that it probably wouldn't happen.

WILDERNESS OF MIRRORS!!!

• Like 1

Oh, this one is tough for me. Test For Echo and Counterparts are my favorite Rush albums and I think both "Time and Motion" and "Double Agent" are amazing...

I seriously don't think I can even pick between those two songs! ...All right I think I'm going to go with "Time and Motion", but only by a little bit. I really love Alex's guitar solo in that one.

• Like 2

Double Agent. I gave both of these a listen just to make sure. Time and Motion is similar to SpinDrift to me. Both are trying to be dark and ominous but they never catch a higher gear and rely on the same riff which becomes monotonous. The instrumental part and Geddy's spoken lyrics section is a great surprise in Double Agent. Plus DA has the classic Alex arpeggio in the verses. The solo in Time and Motion is muddy noise to me. Alex is known for very clean solos and that one is a hot mess.
  • Like 1

Double Agent. I gave both of these a listen just to make sure. Time and Motion is similar to SpinDrift to me. Both are trying to be dark and ominous but they never catch a higher gear and rely on the same riff which becomes monotonous. The instrumental part and Geddy's spoken lyrics section is a great surprise in Double Agent. Plus DA has the classic Alex arpeggio in the verses. The solo in Time and Motion is muddy noise to me. Alex is known for very clean solos and that one is a hot mess.

Interesting you brought up a comparison to Spindrift. I can see the similarities. They both seem like they are in need of a change or turn in direction. I will say that overall I'm not a fan of Spindrift as it grates on me. For some reason Time and Motion doesn't. I kind of like how it's muddy sounding. (As a King's X fan I can be drawn to muddy).

Both DA and Time and Motion just stick out as a bit off kilter from both albums.

• Like 1

Double Agent, yep.

Time and Motion...how does that one go, again? I'm sure I've heard it before, but :huh:

Well, I'm pretty sure I have, anyway.

C'mon man..."the mighty ocean dances with the moon!"

Double Agent, yep.

Time and Motion...how does that one go, again? I'm sure I've heard it before, but :huh:

Well, I'm pretty sure I have, anyway.

C'mon man..."the mighty ocean dances with the moon!"

:wub:

I would absolutely love "Time and Motion" if there we no keyboards at all in it. Just the little bit that's there really hurts the song in my opinion. I don't care for the vocal harmony either...to me, it comes across like a singing track on top of a spoken word track. They used that harmonizing technique way too often in the later years.
  • Like 1