In General?

Slacker

When i was a kid there were alot of bullies yes.gif Mind you i'm talking about when i was 12..(1976)I'm bringing this up because i was at a party last weekeng in my old neighborhood and i came across a guy who in my life beat me up at least 15 times mad.gif the last time had to be when i was 14,give or take a year, well when i seen him, i knew right away who he was. For about 2 hours i would glance over at him and he wouldn't even look at me laugh.gif .. after a while i made my way over to him and reintroduced myself to him :)needless to say, he remembered me and he spoke very softly to me, i didn't once in our converstation bring up the past.

we spoke for about an hour and we actually laughed about the old neighborhood 1022.gif ,what amazed me was that i never thought about bringing up the past and i wanted to. When we were done talking he said he was sorry for being a bully to me and alot of kids then mad.gif i said "it's all cool" mad.gif I'm mad again, i should have taken him outside and beat the piss out of him laugh.gif ...I do know that if that happened , we'd both would have gained nothing and i can't afford to get beat up and have to take off of work laugh.gif

Funny Shit rofl3.gif

Did i do the right thing by being a Gentlemen?

Sometimes, it's difficult to do the right thing. All the 'shoulda, woulda, coulda's' come flooding into you after an opportunity has passed, but the chance to take the high road is always there, you just have to be willing to see it. It's never better to resort to physical violence, unless it's self defence. Take solace in the fact that he brought up the 'bully' part, and know that he probably has to live with the guilt and grovelling, (such as what he had to say to you about the past) that comes from being recognized as an adult, with a reputation for such violent behaviour.

You did the right thing! trink39.gif

U did the right thing for sure. As a kid, I would've fought him. Bullies usually get their asses whipped (at least from what I've seen & experienced). At the very least they generally stop the bullying after that. But in your case (somehow) the dude realized his mistakes...it just took him several years.

QUOTE (slacker @ Aug 23 2005, 06:25 AM)

Hell yeah you did. Proud of you, buddy. I'll bet if felt good to get that apology. You see what happened here - he rose to your level, instead of you having to sink to his. trink39.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Aug 23 2005, 02:25 AM)

Most definitely. It's better to take the high road when you can. Taking him on would have made you no better than he was when you were kids.

Congrats on being able to rise above!!

trink39.gif

Well done there Slacker, I take my hat off to you. Violence never solves anything and, by shaking his hand, you have proved you have matured from the child you were.

More importantly, you have shown that you can put the past behind and not let it blight your life. I too was bullied at school - not physically but psychologically due to a physical abnormality that has since been corrected (let's not go into that any deeper, OK?).

This went on for three years and I had to endure reference to this abnormality about 20 or 30 times every day at school. It started with one or two, who told others, who told others and the whole thing escalated until it was about 30 or so people who would regularly taunt me about it. Then it spread outside of school to the youth groups I went and I started getting it off complete strangers whom they had told to bring it all up.

This left me with very little self confidence which hasn't been helped by the fact that, on a face to face basis, I can be incredibly shy (or, as the wife affectionately calls me, a doormat).

Even though I'm nearly 40, the psychological scars from this still run very deep and, to be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever be free from them.

So, once again, I say well done for rising above what happened.

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 23 2005, 07:17 AM)
If he was the same I'd have given him a whuppin' for sure!  yes.gif

Well... If he started shit, that's a whole different story.

Then you beat his ass. No question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/56.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/56.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/56.gif

.... ok i'll tell you guys something

In grade 11 I had a bully....except he was like 12 years old... unsure.gif

hahaha it was kind funny tho because my bus was like the same time as his and my friends were like...hey Al...it's your Bully! ha-ha-ha

he was actaully pretty funny kid...one time he scared the sh!t outta me because we made a mask at school and I had my music on and all of a sudden we was behind me and whipped around and oh god...lol that was pretty scary. One day though he pissed me off a lot because he wouldn't go away....so I said plainly... "LOOK KID...Do you want your re-arranged or something?"

The fear in his eyes!!!.....

.....lasted for 2 seconds. sarcasm.gif

one day he stopped so I was kinda happy/sad lol

But as for a REAL bully...I haven't been bullied...yes I have stood up to people when my friends were getting bullied. Many times. smile.gif

Yep u did the right thing wink.gif

for me.....i wouldnt of even went over to em in the 1st place to talk to em, but thats just me!

i hold grudges for yrs, and hold hatred for certain people deep in me.

i was also taunted EVERY day in School, Id even cut out so i could have 1..just 1 day without hearin the same ol sh*t .

yes all those days of bein picked on made me without self esteem to this day when i hear certain words i get flashbacks of the dayz back in school and it makes me feel like a kid once gain.

I hate that im still like this today all because of some a$$h*le 15-20 yrs ago.

i would actually have lil visions in my head of slidin a knife right threw the place where his heart shoulda been. laugh.gif yes ino im wacked huh? least i kept it in me and didnt actually act out on those feelings.

but when i hear bout kids shootin others in school ino how it could escalate up to that kinda violance.

anyhowz ur a bigger person then i woulda been and definalty a bigger person then that bully of urz will EVER be

good job! wink.gif

thanks guys, this whole situation is funny because i haven't thought about this since i was a kid. I know i did the right thing and i'll never stoop to that kind of level,but i feel a lot better knowing my Rush comrads feel the same way trink39.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Aug 23 2005, 02:29 PM)
thanks guys, this whole situation is funny because i haven't thought about this since i was a kid. I know i did the right thing and i'll never stoop to that kind of level,but i feel a lot better knowing my Rush comrads feel the same way trink39.gif

You did the right thing slacker, but the funny thing would have been to kick his sorry ass outta there! tongue.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 23 2005, 05:04 PM)

You did the right thing slacker, but the funny thing would have been to kick his sorry ass outta there! tongue.gif

or do a "jackass" move like they alwayz do..

kick em in the nads point & laff or sneak up on em and buzz a chunk of his hair off from behind laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I don't know bout that NPF, he's a big boy rofl3.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 23 2005, 05:15 PM)

or do a "jackass" move like they alwayz do..

kick em in the nads point & laff or sneak up on em and buzz a chunk of his hair off from behind laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

This might work, i know i can do this and then out run him laugh.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Aug 23 2005, 04:24 PM)

No sweat dude, just gimme a call and I'll set him straight for you. How big we talkin? cool.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 23 2005, 05:35 PM)

No sweat dude, just gimme a call and I'll set him straight for you. How big we talkin? cool.gif

Thanks NPF 1022.gif I don't think i would want to turn you loose on this guy laugh.gif and does it mattere how big, because as we both know, the bigger they are, the harder they fall trink39.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Aug 23 2005, 04:48 PM)

Thanks NPF 1022.gif I don't think i would want to turn you loose on this guy laugh.gif and does it mattere how big, because as we both know, the bigger they are, the harder they fall trink39.gif

Anytime slacker. trink39.gif Well, I'm 6'5", so I guess that means I'd fall pretty hard myself. laugh.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 23 2005, 05:59 PM)

Anytime slacker. trink39.gif Well, I'm 6'5", so I guess that means I'd fall pretty hard myself. laugh.gif

Well i tell you what NPF laugh.gif If i ever need assistance, i'll call ya laugh.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Aug 23 2005, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 23 2005, 05:59 PM)

Well i tell you what NPF laugh.gif If i ever need assistance, i'll call ya laugh.gif

Now THAT'S what I like to hear! trink39.gif You need my number? laugh.gif

Archived