2016-17 College Football Thread

Penn State just BEAT Ohio State !! 24- 21 !! Wow, the Whiteout worked !!!

Penn State 24

Ohio State 21

That Whiteout was GREAT! I think it blinded the ref so much, he couldn't see the pass interference by the Penn State cornerback in the last 2 minutes...... :LOL:

If the Ohio State Univ would have played up to their capability, they'd have never been in the situation to begin with. Suckeyes.

I agree Buckeyes lost this game by stupidity no help from the refs. What the hell was the kicking problem all of a sudden????

And the O-line really got manhandled. Penn State's defense came to play.

Teams always say, "Score more points so the refs won't be a factor." That is true, but it's also true that a blown call by a referee in the last-minute will always be singled out. The players, fans and media never forget it.

• Like 1

Penn State just BEAT Ohio State !! 24- 21 !! Wow, the Whiteout worked !!!

Penn State 24

Ohio State 21

That Whiteout was GREAT! I think it blinded the ref so much, he couldn't see the pass interference by the Penn State cornerback in the last 2 minutes...... :LOL:

If the Ohio State Univ would have played up to their capability, they'd have never been in the situation to begin with. Suckeyes.

I agree Buckeyes lost this game by stupidity no help from the refs. What the hell was the kicking problem all of a sudden????

And the O-line really got manhandled. Penn State's defense came to play.

Teams always say, "Score more points so the refs won't be a factor." That is true, but it's also true that a blown call by a referee in the last-minute will always be singled out. The players, fans and media never forget it.

Yes...the Bucks' O-line was pitiful throughout the game- at least compared to the standard to which they normally play. Special teams execution was also horrendous.

Looking forward to playing Michigan at the end of the season, and hoping that either Clemson loses to someone in the interim (could I actually be rooting for Florida State to win a game??), or anything else that might propel them back into the CFP.

PSU definitely got away with a PI no-call which may have affected the outcome of the game. But...c'est la vie. Overall, their defense was absolutely incredible.

All unbeaten teams play on the road, this weekend, with, of course, the monumental showdown in the Bayou, between the undefeated Crimson Tide of Alabama and the Bengal Tigers of Louisiana State.

I believe there will be some upsets. Slot of the games are rivals such as Clemson @ Florida State and Michigan @ Michigan State, and others are conference games, such as WVU @ Oklahoma State, Nebraska @ Wisconsin, and Boise State @ Wyoming.

Should be a good weekend of college football.

All unbeaten teams play on the road, this weekend, with, of course, the monumental showdown in the Bayou, between the undefeated Crimson Tide of Alabama and the Bengal Tigers of Louisiana State. MI

I believe there will be some upsets. Slot of the games are rivals such as Clemson @ Florida State and Michigan @ Michigan State, and others are conference games, such as WVU @ Oklahoma State, Nebraska @ Wisconsin, land Boise State @ Wyoming.

Good weekend indeed. I normally do my weekly grocery shopping Saturday late a.m.- early p.m., but with the Noon start for U-M v MSU, I'll need to get that done early. After that insane ending last year, the Wolverines will be going into Spartan Stadium with blood in their eye.

'Bama-LSU should be real good, hope I see Satan bite the big one in the end.

Not much joy for the Gators though. Dabo has his guys hitting on all cylinders, and that one is going to be messy.

All unbeaten teams play on the road, this weekend, with, of course, the monumental showdown in the Bayou, between the undefeated Crimson Tide of Alabama and the Bengal Tigers of Louisiana State. MI

I believe there will be some upsets. Slot of the games are rivals such as Clemson @ Florida State and Michigan @ Michigan State, and others are conference games, such as WVU @ Oklahoma State, Nebraska @ Wisconsin, land Boise State @ Wyoming.

Good weekend indeed. I normally do my weekly grocery shopping Saturday late a.m.- early p.m., but with the Noon start for U-M v MSU, I'll need to get that done early. After that insane ending last year, the Wolverines will be going into Spartan Stadium with blood in their eye.

'Bama-LSU should be real good, hope I see Satan bite the big one in the end.

Not much joy for the Gators though. Dabo has his guys hitting on all cylinders, and that one is going to be messy.

I will find myself in the position of actually rooting for the Seminoles. That's a bizarre scenario indeed.

I'll root for LSU, too, even though I like Alabama more.

UM/MSU? Of course I'll root for the Spartans...but this year, I have a feeling it's not going to be too much of a contest. :(

South Carolina FINALLY gets a night game vs a ranked opponent. I sure wish the offense could duplicate last weeks points and our defense play outstanding for 4 quarters. It's been a long time since we've had a win vs a ranked foe.

Last 4 vs Tennessee have been decided by a total of 11 points.

Wisconsin 23

Nebraska 17 (OT)

THRILLING game, although it was a bit soiled by the Badgers' QB's throwing some really dumb INT's. The Wisconsin defense keeps making big play after big play, and the 4th down stop in overtime was perhaps their best play this year!

When their senior RB's Clement and Ogunbowale leave after this year, they won't be lacking! Bradrick Shaw looks like a stud in the making!!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Carolina stuns Tennessee in a huge upset at a raucous Williams Brice stadium.Hell yeah. The magic is back.

I didn't see any of the game but I saw the final score last night, and I was really happy for you, Aiken!

Wisconsin 23

Nebraska 17 (OT)

THRILLING game, although it was a bit soiled by the Badgers' QB's throwing some really dumb INT's. The Wisconsin defense keeps making big play after big play, and the 4th down stop in overtime was perhaps their best play this year!

When their senior RB's Clement and Ogunbowale leave after this year, they won't be lacking! Bradrick Shaw looks like a stud in the making!!

Knocking Nebraska from the ranks of the undefeated, too!

Baylor and West Virginia both lost their first games of the season yesterday, too.

Carolina stuns Tennessee in a huge upset at a raucous Williams Brice stadium.Hell yeah. The magic is back.

Well, I don't about any magic being back, lol, but yes it was a huge win for the Cocks.

It's the magic of being in the stadium, and the atmosphere that the crowd and bands and players create, and seeing the team achieve a hard earned victory. The coach acknowledged, first thing in the press conference, that the crowd made a difference.

Maybe that's lip service, but he seemed genuine.

Jake Bentley is for real. And, the defense is getting a lot better. And, we have a few players back from injury that we didn't have early in the year.

It is a possibility that we could go to a bowl, this year, no small achievement for a team full of freshman in Muschamp's first season.

Wisconsin 23

Nebraska 17 (OT)

Baylor and West Virginia both lost their first games of the season yesterday, too.

Yep, it's not easy to win on the road. The ol Huskers found out that you just don't waltz into Camp Randall Stadium and expect the Badgers to lay down.

Happy to see my Buckeyes hang on and win against a string Northwestern team. The Wildcats are much better than any other 4-4 team I can think of.

Bucks have some work to do to be ready for Nebraska next week.

Wisconsin 23

Nebraska 17 (OT)

Yep, it's not easy to win on the road. The ol Huskers found out that you just don't waltz into Camp Randall Stadium and expect the Badgers to lay down.

The Badgers are still playing for a shot at the Big Ten Championship game, so they're giving it all they got.

Auburn squeaks out a win against Vandy. Bah. Was pulling hard for Vandy.

Anybody see that blocked field goal attempt late in the game? That was awesome. Vandy player jumps all the way over the Auburn line to block the ball right at the Auburn kicker, just as he kicked it. Absolutely perfect timing by the Vandy player.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Wisconsin 21

Northwestern 7

First win on the Wildcats' field in 17 years!! An amazing stat...... :o :o

The Badgers' hopes of being in the Playoffs are still alive!!

Gamecocks won their 3rd game in a row, to go to 5-4 on the season after the initial 2-4 start. Gamecocks have not been defeated since the freshman quarterback Bentley was sent in to take over.

I have been quite impressed with him. He was sent in to try something new with a disaster of a team, and the results have been very good.

• Like 1

Gamecocks won their 3rd game in a row, to go to 5-4 on the season after the initial 2-4 start. Gamecocks have not been defeated since the freshman quarterback Bentley was sent in to take over.

I have been quite impressed with him. He was sent in to try something new with a disaster of a team, and the results have been very good.

We won the turnover battle, 3-0, again, two weeks in a row. Defense gave up a lot of yards between the 20s, but stoned them time and again in the red zone.

I can't believe it, but, we are probably going to make a bowl this year. Stellar coaching by this new staff to change these kids into a better team.

I'm very proud of the new coaching staff and the work ethic and discipline of the players. They seem to be collecting dividends, finally.

Arkansas beats Florida and Kentucky is going toe to toe with Georgia. Kentucky would be leading the SEC EAST if they win. WOW!

LOL, Georgia wins, helping SC.

In a far fetched scenario, with little chance of actually happening, if South Carolina upsets Florida, on the road, and Auburn beats Georgia, and Missouri beats Tennessee, I believe South Carolina could win the SEC east. Insane, but mathematically possible.

After a big gaining run play the Michigan band breaks into the chorus of Iron Man. Outstanding!

Barring a total shock against Maryland or Michigan State in the next two weeks, the stage is set for the biggest Ohio State-Michigan game in ten years...could shape up to be one of the best ever.

Buckeyes completely dominated Nebraska last night.

Terrible scene when Tommy Armstrong had to have his jersey, pads, and chinstrap all cut off of him with scissors and body totally immobilized, loading him in an ambulance directly off of the field...but glad to find out he was okay and returned to the stadium a couple of hours later.