Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement

PolarizeMe

It's likely that most of us here bought tickets from Ticketmaster/Live Nation between October 27, 1999 to February 27, 2013. Well, you might want to check your account for some "We're sorry" vouchers cause apparently according to the AV Club, Gawker (and other online news sources) that lawsuit that's been ongoing for many years is finally settled and that they're giving away $2.50 off tickets for each ticket bought from said time frame and free vouchers for two free general admission tickets to selected shows. I've checked my account for active vouchers earlier today and lo and behold, I've got both vouchers. Unfortunately, the list of eligible shows to use the free vouchers leads to a dead link as of 11PM of today. The vouchers are good until 2020, so you've got plenty of time to use them!

Here's a link to read more on it:

http://www.avclub.co...icketmas-238434

Edit: Here's the Live Nation link regarding the settlement

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.194782757.940766614.1466292103

Edited by PolarizeMe

It doesn't matter how many tickets you bought, you won't come close to getting what the sleazebag lawyers will get. Assholes.

That;s why I didn't participate in this.

Free lawn seats to shows I had no interest in to begin with isn't exactly my idea of a fair settlement.

Aside from Rush, I've been done with Ticketbastard and Jive nation for years. There are plenty of shows I want to see these days that don't involve them. So while I might miss out on something once in a while, it's not nearly as bad as you might think.

Seeing someone like Stu Hamm from 15 feet away and having the chance to chat with him, take pictures or sign CDs after the show without paying some crazy VIP fee is a abetter experience for me than what Jive Nation and their middlemen have to offer.

• Like 1

I checked my account and I've got eight vouchers which are good for two free general admission tickets each. So basically free lawn tickets since ticketmaster does mainly bigger venues where the only GA tickets are way back on the lawn.

There are also four or five vouchers for $2.25 off any ticket purchase. That doesn't even cover the service charges these days. Thanks for the big savings lol.

I will probably take advantage of some of those free lawn tickets if it's available for a band I like but don't like enough that it would bother me watching them from that far away.

So we have no idea what shows we can even use them on so far , lol

I guess a couple free ga seats will be ok if i can use them at the klipcsh up the street

My actual codes are in there now , they were not as of earlier.

Hoping for free lawn sabbath seats, cmon ticketmaster!

Will take free def leppard as well

• Like 1

Def Leppard is one of the shows I hope is eligible. They're playing here at the end of August. I like them just fine but I wouldn't spend the money on tickets to see them with how high prices are now.

• Like 1

Def Leppard is one of the shows I hope is eligible. They're playing here at the end of August. I like them just fine but I wouldn't spend the money on tickets to see them with how high prices are now.

I seen them a couple times the last 2 years, but free im in!

I found 15 vouchers at $2.50 each and a number of 'free' vouchers for general admission events. I don't do general adm events so not much there for me.

I found 15 vouchers at $2.50 each and a number of 'free' vouchers for general admission events. I don't do general adm events so not much there for me.

I would still use them and perhaps just give them away. TM been gauging us for years ...

• Like 1

These vouchers are good for four years it looks like. So, at least they're not forcing you to use them right away.

Yes, but my gut tells me less and less shows will be made available after the first year or two.

Im gonna try and use mine asap

15 vouchers?!?!?!?! I've bought tickets to 5 shows between 2010-2013 yet I only got one of each voucher! :LOL:

These vouchers are good for four years it looks like. So, at least they're not forcing you to use them right away.

Yes, but my gut tells me less and less shows will be made available after the first year or two.

Im gonna try and use mine asap

You may be right. The problem with them offering free GA tickets is that none of those kind of venues use ticketmaster in my region. Those venues use ticketfly now.

I wonder if these free tickets will include the GA pit at the front of the stage that some amphitheaters have. I seriously doubt it though.

Website is experiencing difficulties...figures.... I'm sure I'll get something, but, like a good diver, not holding my breath!

But, as someone else mentioned, I'm sure that the lawyers are raking it in while those of us that paid the actual money aren't getting diddly!!

Those asshats hosed us again for The Tragically Hip tickets, for god,s sakes, Gordie has terminal brain cancer, and they proceed to screw us over? Go to hell you greedy bastards!!!!!!! Edited by canadianice

I haven't seen a list of shows yet, but I am going to imagine they are absolute rubbish that aren't seeling tickets well and Donkey Shows with 300 pound midgets

Lol!

And the fuckery begins....

"Once Ticket Codes are made available to you in your Ticketmaster account, you may attempt to use your Ticket Codes to claim “free tickets” identified as available for redemption on this website. These “free tickets” are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be available for redemption if others have claimed them before you.

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.31091512.606724513.1466436673

So, it looks like we might not be able to get some of out free tickets after all.