Do You People On Here Still Have Ears And Eyes? BORING!!! LIKE ME!!! The Fact That RUSH Put "Distant Early Warning" On The "HEAR 'N AID" Album is..

RUSHHEAD666

The original Friday The 13th was filmed in Blairstown and Hope, NJ .. Right near where I live ..

Camp Crystal Lake was a real camp, and those cabins are real and still there - it's called Camp NoBeBoSco

The crossroads in the beginning of the film - where Annie gets out of the truck after hitching a ride - that is an actual cemetery - it's still exactly the same .. Morovian Cemetery in Hope NJ ...

Fri 13th was a classic low budget film - it's greatness IMHO shouldn't be lessened by crappy sequels

• Like 1

I need to find the pics I took when I went to the camp ... It was very creepy being there - the cabins were the same, and that mountain range in the back, over the lake, was ominous hanging over everything just like in the film

Edited by Lucas

I have seen just about every horror film ever made, but this was just about the scariest **** I've ever seen

anigif_original-10706-1425000848-4.gif

It's Earl on a babe hunt after one too many drinks!

Classic JB. Classic. It's so true.

What film is that from Earl?

"Friday The 13th" Pat.

I must admit I never caught that film series properly back in the day. I'm a Friday the 13th novice!

I basically think part 1 is the only one worth it.

Part 2 was ok I guess.

Part 3 was only fun because at the time of release it was in 3D. As a little 10 year old kid watching that in the cinema in '82, it was good stuff.

Can't remember which one had Corey Feldman but his name should be enough to avoid any slasher flick.

I actually like that one dude. I love the end man. Corey is a nerd boys special effects kid. He pretends to be a young boy Jason to confuse him. Then Coery butchers the crap out of Jason. I love the intensity and rage.

Yeah, I vaguely remember it. But I remember enough to know I didn't like it. He shaved his head as part of the plan to confuse Jason. One of the last scenes was a bald Feldman hacking with a machete or something to that effect, yeah?

There are so many great horror films from all eras - it would virtually impossible to narrow it down to a Top 5

A Top 5 forgotten, underrated, neglected group of five great 70s movies is easier

- Race With The Devil

- Bad Ronald

- Let's Scare Jessica To Death

- House Of Whipcord

- Beyond The Door

There are so many great horror films from all eras - it would virtually impossible to narrow it down to a Top 5

A Top 5 forgotten, underrated, neglected group of five great 70s movies is easier

- Race With The Devil

- Bad Ronald

- House Of Whipcord

- Beyond The Door

Of those, I've only seen Race with the Devil. Saw it on Cinemax one insomniac night about 25 years ago. I'm glad I couldn't sleep!

• Like 1

This is one of the most interesting and intriguing and original threads ever created on here!!!!

The original poster is truly a WHACK JOB!!!

Pun intended.............

You people with open minds and ears need to get John Carpenter's last two records. LOST THEMES and LOST THEMES 2.

His son Cody is on the record.

Fukking John Carpenter.

When I meet him on Friday night I will be wearing my Hemispheres shirt and I will ask him if he likes Rush.

I will then tell him that I love him and that he is my "NEIL PEART OF FILM!"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

- Race With The Devil

- Bad Ronald

- House Of Whipcord

- Beyond The Door

Of those, I've only seen Race with the Devil. Saw it on Cinemax one insomniac night about 25 years ago. I'm glad I couldn't sleep!

Race With The Devil is a good one!

• Like 1

Earl, have you heard the electronic act called Carpenter Brut ??

I'm not sure if it w=is one guy or a band, but John Carpenter is a big influence ( hence the "Carpenter" part in the band name )

I love it

There's also a guy from Finland called Perturbator, who has music that sounds like it is straight from 80s horror films - his stuff is a little sleazier

Great stuff

I have seen just about every horror film ever made, but this was just about the scariest **** I've ever seen

anigif_original-10706-1425000848-4.gif

It's Earl on a babe hunt after one too many drinks!

Classic JB. Classic. It's so true.

What film is that from Earl?

"Friday The 13th" Pat.

I must admit I never caught that film series properly back in the day. I'm a Friday the 13th novice!

Part 2 was ok I guess.

Part 3 was only fun because at the time of release it was in 3D. As a little 10 year old kid watching that in the cinema in '82, it was good stuff.

Can't remember which one had Corey Feldman but his name should be enough to avoid any slasher flick.

I actually like that one dude. I love the end man. Corey is a nerd boys special effects kid. He pretends to be a young boy Jason to confuse him. Then Coery butchers the crap out of Jason. I love the intensity and rage.

Yeah, I vaguely remember it. But I remember enough to know I didn't like it. He shaved his head as part of the plan to confuse Jason. One of the last scenes was a bald Feldman hacking with a machete or something to that effect, yeah?

Corey Feldman was in about 4 good films, The Burbs, Stand By Me, Lost Boys and The Goonies (though I'm not big on The Goonies). After this people realised Feldman has one talent in life...being Corey Feldman.

• Like 2

The original Friday The 13th was filmed in Blairstown and Hope, NJ .. Right near where I live ..

Camp Crystal Lake was a real camp, and those cabins are real and still there - it's called Camp NoBeBoSco

The crossroads in the beginning of the film - where Annie gets out of the truck after hitching a ride - that is an actual cemetery - it's still exactly the same .. Morovian Cemetery in Hope NJ ...

Fri 13th was a classic low budget film - it's greatness IMHO shouldn't be lessened by crappy sequels

Anybody that hasn't seen the ultra long Crystal Lake Memories documentary needs to watch it now. I love it. It explains everything about the series including that the idea for the first movie was to rip off Carpenter's Halloween. They flat out admit it. Original Friday is great, but it's no Halloween. Halloween paved the road for it to have success.

• Like 1

Anybody that hasn't seen the ultra long Crystal Lake Memories documentary needs to watch it now. I love it. It explains everything about the series including that the idea for the first movie was to rip off Carpenter's Halloween. They flat out admit it. Original Friday is great, but it's no Halloween. Halloween paved the road for it to have success.

I don't disagree

But, then again, I also like Rush more than Led Zep

And don't get me wrong - I love Halloween - John Carpenter made a great great film

.. that he ripped off from Black Christmas

Edited by Lucas

This is interesting, as I never delved into the similarities between Black Christmas and Halloween any more than just as an observation ..

But I just found this .... it's a good post

Hey Earl, what do you think ??

You wanna bring it up when you meet Mr Carpenter ??

John Carpenter and Bob Clark (director of Black Christmas) were working together on a script (what for is not revealed), while Clark worked on an idea for a sequel for Black Christmas, in which the killer escaped from an asylum and terrorized a small town on Halloween. The rough script was called Halloween.

Clark decided that he didn't want to do a sequel after all, as he didn't want to be pigeonholed as a horror director, and told Carpenter that he could have the idea if he wanted it, at the same time as Carpenter was offered a TV movie called "The Babysitter Murders" which was, surprisingly enough about a bunch of babysitters being killed by a force of pure evil that couldn't die. Carpenter (and Debra Hill) combined the two ideas and produced such a strong script and film that it was upgraded from a TV movie to a cinema release.

In the commentary for Black Christmas, Clark does say that he offered the idea to Carpenter, but that he doesn't know if it was actually that which inspired him, and notes that the tone and execution of Halloween was very different from what he would have envisioned. The main difference, of course, is that the killer in Black Christmas is hardly seen, but is often heard on the phone (in some great bits of sound editing that are very effective), and Michael Myers is seen but not heard, other than the breathing (although he does phone Laurie at one point and breathes down the phone at her. Or maybe he doesn't, it's left a little ambiguous).

That said, there are marked similarities in style. Both films are pretty much bloodless. Both films feature extensive killer's POV shots (steadycam in Halloween, and a camera mounted on the cameraman's shoulder with a special rig in Black Christmas), including a lengthy one that begins the film stalking around the outside of a house. In fact, the modern, urban setting was something of a novelty for horror at the time, and both films were unusual in using it (although neither were the first to do so). And both films feature the heroine entering a room in which the corpses of her friends have been arranged towards the end of the film.

So, is Halloween the sequel to Black Christmas? The answer is both yes and no. Certainly, though, both are great films, and if you enjoyed either one, then you should see the other. And if you've seen neither...get thee to a rental shop.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

It is hard not to be influenced by all the good movies that came before. Only difference is Carpenter captured lightning in a bottle with Halloween. Halloween is usually ranked in the top 5 or 10(sometimes even #1) in just about every top 100 all time list where Black Christmas is much more likely to be in the 80-90 range if it makes it at all.
  • Like 1

"Friday The 13th" Pat.

Part 2 was ok I guess.

What if Corey Feldman was in a slasher flick but he was the first one to be taken out? Wouldn't that be worth seeing? :D

"Friday The 13th" Pat.

Part 2 was ok I guess.

What if Corey Feldman was in a slasher flick but he was the first one to be taken out? Wouldn't that be worth seeing? :D

If I were directing it and were forced to put Feldman in my horror movie, I'd have him murdered in THE opening scene. It'd be the scene that establishes the villain/monster and reveals the movie title. :LOL:

He has been in some classic 80s films though as treeduck mentioned earlier. He even had a very brief cameo (when he was around kindergarten age) in a pretty cool, late 70s sci-fi flick called Time After Time which starred Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells chasing Jack the Tripper into modern times via Time Machine.

• Like 1

It is hard not to be influenced by all the good movies that came before. Only difference is Carpenter captured lightning in a bottle with Halloween. Halloween is usually ranked in the top 5 or 10(sometimes even #1) in just about every top 100 all time list where Black Christmas is much more likely to be in the 80-90 range if it makes it at all.

No arguments here ... Halloween is a complete classic, not just in the horror genre, but when discussing all films ..

While I do like Friday The 13th better, that's just me ..

Halloween transcends the genre much like Psycho - they are great movies, period ... Friday The 13th does not have that same status, but I love it anyway :)

• Like 2

No arguments here ... Halloween is a complete classic, not just in the horror genre, but when discussing all films ..

Halloween transcends the genre much like Psycho - they are great movies, period ... Friday The 13th does not have that same status, but I love it anyway :)

Where's the Texas Chainsaw Massacre fit in in all this?

• Like 1

Earl, have you heard the electronic act called Carpenter Brut ??

I'm not sure if it w=is one guy or a band, but John Carpenter is a big influence ( hence the "Carpenter" part in the band name )

I love it

There's also a guy from Finland called Perturbator, who has music that sounds like it is straight from 80s horror films - his stuff is a little sleazier

Great stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhhQrFfzFM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vsf3zYppP4

DUDE!!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!! I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Total Carpenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!! I live for this stuff!!! You know this! GOBLIN! ZOMBI!!!!

Cheers!!!

Does Carpenter Brut have cds out?

• Like 1

It fits!

Aren't they doing a Leatherface VS Freddie Kruger movie?

• Like 1

It fits!

Aren't they doing a Leatherface VS Freddie Kruger movie?

Freddie would get owned by Leatherface! :LOL:

Speaking of Corey Feldman, "Dream a Little Dream" is probably the start of (or around this time) when he turned to crap. Here's a good example of how shitty this movie is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzLMJBOhHA&sns=em

After watching that the next time I went to youtube I was presented with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXA7HZ2fps

The original is a classic, and I think that even though the subject matter is very disturbing, it is a classic film

The actors and crew apparently went thru hell to make it, and that comes across on the screen

An all-time great ... Independent American filmmaking at its best