Do You People On Here Still Have Ears And Eyes? BORING!!! LIKE ME!!! The Fact That RUSH Put "Distant Early Warning" On The "HEAR 'N AID" Album is..

RUSHHEAD666

Earl, have you heard the electronic act called Carpenter Brut ??

I'm not sure if it w=is one guy or a band, but John Carpenter is a big influence ( hence the "Carpenter" part in the band name )

I love it

There's also a guy from Finland called Perturbator, who has music that sounds like it is straight from 80s horror films - his stuff is a little sleazier

Great stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhhQrFfzFM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vsf3zYppP4

DUDE!!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!! I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Total Carpenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!! I live for this stuff!!! You know this! GOBLIN! ZOMBI!!!!

Cheers!!!

Does Carpenter Brut have cds out?

Yes, Earl, there are three CDs .. And now there is the "Trilogy" release which is a box of the 3 releases ... I ordered mine from overseas - you can get the actual CDs

http://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

Speaking of Corey Feldman, "Dream a Little Dream" is probably the start of (or around this time) when he turned to crap. Here's a good example of how shitty this movie is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzLMJBOhHA&sns=em

After watching that the next time I went to youtube I was presented with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXA7HZ2fps

Saw about a minute of that before the wankery was too much to handle.

On the DVD commentary of Goonies the entire kids cast (then adults when it was done of course) was present. Josh Brolin had some pretty funny comments/one liners as did Martha Plimpton. And the guy who played Chunk had some interesting trivia tidbits here and there. Feldman, however, was just kind of prattling on about nothing of interest and was trying too hard to be funny BUT there was often no reaction from the other cast. He just wouldn't shut up at times and seemed to be forcing his comments. You could feel that it was kind of awkward with him in there. The one time that he did make the other cast members laugh was when he made fun of himself by saying one of his lines from the movie...which gets back to what you said earlier about Corey only being good at being Corey.

It is hard not to be influenced by all the good movies that came before. Only difference is Carpenter captured lightning in a bottle with Halloween. Halloween is usually ranked in the top 5 or 10(sometimes even #1) in just about every top 100 all time list where Black Christmas is much more likely to be in the 80-90 range if it makes it at all.

No arguments here ... Halloween is a complete classic, not just in the horror genre, but when discussing all films ..

While I do like Friday The 13th better, that's just me ..

Halloween transcends the genre much like Psycho - they are great movies, period ... Friday The 13th does not have that same status, but I love it anyway :)

Where's the Texas Chainsaw Massacre fit in in all this?

It fits!

Aren't they doing a Leatherface VS Freddie Kruger movie?

Freddie would get owned by Leatherface! :LOL:

Freddie was always the worst of the slasher film gang IMHO.

Leatherface was a gross, brutish figure. So yeah he was perfect for what he was supposed to be.

It is hard not to be influenced by all the good movies that came before. Only difference is Carpenter captured lightning in a bottle with Halloween. Halloween is usually ranked in the top 5 or 10(sometimes even #1) in just about every top 100 all time list where Black Christmas is much more likely to be in the 80-90 range if it makes it at all.

No arguments here ... Halloween is a complete classic, not just in the horror genre, but when discussing all films ..

Halloween transcends the genre much like Psycho - they are great movies, period ... Friday The 13th does not have that same status, but I love it anyway :)

It fits!

Aren't they doing a Leatherface VS Freddie Kruger movie?

Freddie would get owned by Leatherface! :LOL:

Freddie was always the worst of the slasher film gang IMHO.

Leatherface was a gross, brutish figure. So yeah he was perfect for what he was supposed to be.

One reason i can never take Freddy seriously is because I first saw Robert Englund as the friendly alien in "V" and I just can't see him as evil!

Speaking of Corey Feldman, "Dream a Little Dream" is probably the start of (or around this time) when he turned to crap. Here's a good example of how shitty this movie is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzLMJBOhHA&sns=em

After watching that the next time I went to youtube I was presented with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXA7HZ2fps

Saw about a minute of that before the wankery was too much to handle.

On the DVD commentary of Goonies the entire kids cast (then adults when it was done of course) was present. Josh Brolin had some pretty funny comments/one liners as did Martha Plimpton. And the guy who played Chunk had some interesting trivia tidbits here and there. Feldman, however, was just kind of prattling on about nothing of interest and was trying too hard to be funny BUT there was often no reaction from the other cast. He just wouldn't shut up at times and seemed to be forcing his comments. You could feel that it was kind of awkward with him in there. The one time that he did make the other cast members laugh was when he made fun of himself by saying one of his lines from the movie...which gets back to what you said earlier about Corey only being good at being Corey.

Yeah he's like that misfit nerd he plays in Stand By Me, only an adult version, but he's only half grown up, like a strange,old man teenager. He's got the same douche bag vibe as Charlie Sheen has now only Charlie did once have credibility and he had an actual career. He's also got a Michael Jackson vibe if you take away the superstar persona and talent and just leave the weird hair, vampire skin, oddball outfits and warped view of the world.

The original is a classic, and I think that even though the subject matter is very disturbing, it is a classic film

The actors and crew apparently went thru hell to make it, and that comes across on the screen

An all-time great ... Independent American filmmaking at its best

It makes me laugh that film. I'm not laughing at the carnage. I usually laugh at the part where the girl is screaming and this nut is laughing at her. It's just funny!

The original is a classic, and I think that even though the subject matter is very disturbing, it is a classic film

The actors and crew apparently went thru hell to make it, and that comes across on the screen

It makes me laugh that film. I'm not laughing at the carnage. I usually laugh at the part where the girl is screaming and this nut is laughing at her. It's just funny!

I can see you as the villain in a slasher film.

...some crazy bastard of a killer wearing mangled duck carcasses over a bloodied smock...

The Manchester Chainsaw Massacre

• Like 1

I can see you as the villain in a slasher film.

...some crazy bastard of a killer wearing mangled duck carcasses over a bloodied smock...

The Manchester Chainsaw Massacre

:LOL:

Here's a pretty good top 10. Has all the films just recently talked about. I have seen lists where the original Friday is not in the top 100. That's just not right even though I still prefer Friday part 2 to the first one.

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-greatest-horror-films-ever-made

Some good & great movies on that list. I know there's no list that'd make everyone happy but I wouldn't put Elm Street at #5. It's good but not #5 good. It was good to see Alien, Psycho, and Jaws crack the top 10 though.

Some of the stuff further down the list made me shake my head:

#13 Scream...it's a pop song of a horror movie. It may be fun but it's not in the same league as most of the others.

#14 Dawn of the Dead (remake)...good movie but why not pick the original?

Aliens...is a superbly fun, quotable, sci-fi, action flick. But it's not horror.

Seven...Brad Pitt's acting is the most horrific of this one. "What's in the box?!!" You suck Brad!

Saw...garbage, shock flick with stupid, ultra-violent traps not too different from this----> "If you chop off your legs with a rusty saw while eating piss covered glass before a thousand starving rats devour you, you have your freedom."

• Like 1

Here's a pretty good top 10. Has all the films just recently talked about. I have seen lists where the original Friday is not in the top 100. That's just not right even though I still prefer Friday part 2 to the first one.

Some good & great movies on that list. I know there's no list that'd make everyone happy but I wouldn't put Elm Street at #5. It's good but not #5 good. It was good to see Alien, Psycho, and Jaws crack the top 10 though.

#13 Scream...it's a pop song of a horror movie. It may be fun but it's not in the same league as most of the others.

Aliens...is a superbly fun, quotable, sci-fi, action flick. But it's not horror.

Seven...Brad Pitt's acting is the most horrific of this one. "What's in the box?!!" You suck Brad!

Saw...garbage, shock flick with stupid, ultra-violent traps not too different from this----> "If you chop off your legs with a rusty saw while eating piss covered glass before a thousand starving rats devour you, you have your freedom."

The Dawn at #14 had the cast of the original listed, so it probably was intended to be the 70s version at 14 ..

I totally agree with you JB on the Saw movies, and Scream ..

• Like 1

The Dawn at #14 had the cast of the original listed, so it probably was intended to be the 70s version at 14 ..

I totally agree with you JB on the Saw movies, and Scream ..

Ah ok. I saw the image of the remake there. I like both but the original is too classic to be overtaken by the remake.

Here's another list from well known producers, directors, critics, writers and actors.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/horror-poll

Bergman's "Hour Of The Wolf" and Polanski's "Tenant" are both great films - I would almost consider them the opposite of what we were talking about before - great films that fall into a sub category of horror as opposed to horror movies that crossover to great films

Peeping Tom is great too ... predates Psycho and is pretty disturbing

• Like 1

Here's another list from well known producers, directors, critics, writers and actors.

Bergman's "Hour Of The Wolf" and Polanski's "Tenant" are both great films - I would almost consider them the opposite of what we were talking about before - great films that fall into a sub category of horror as opposed to horror movies that crossover to great films

The movie I saw at the theater as a kid that totally freaked me out was called Burnt Offerings. It had Oliver Reed, Karen Black(70's Jamie Lee Curtis), and Betty Davis in it. I never see it on lists, but it should be. I think I liked it just as well as George C. Scott in The Changeling (#35 on that last list). Always meant to see Tenant, but not sure if I have. I see so many horror movies that I sometimes forget exactly what I have seen. haha

Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

The movie I saw at the theater as a kid that totally freaked me out was called Burnt Offerings. It had Oliver Reed, Karen Black(70's Jamie Lee Curtis), and Betty Davis in it. I never see it on lists, but it should be. I think I liked it just as well as George C. Scott in The Changeling (#35 on that last list). Always meant to see Tenant, but not sure if I have. I see so many horror movies that I sometimes forget exactly what I have seen. haha

Burnt Offerings scared the crap outta me as a kid, and I watched it again a few years ago and it was still great ....

The Changling is great too - and sad

Presto, do you remember a made-for-TV movie from the 70s called Bad Ronald ??

• Like 1

Burnt Offerings scared the crap outta me as a kid, and I watched it again a few years ago and it was still great ....

The Changling is great too - and sad

Presto, do you remember a made-for-TV movie from the 70s called Bad Ronald ??

Don't think I've seen it. I just looked it up on IMDB and it has a very solid rating. Must be good. I'm still trying to figure out a movie I saw on TV as a kid that totally freaked me out as well. I can't remember much of the plot other than I think a man was terrorizing a family(they had a station wagon) and somehow I think he ends up dying and he's at the bottom of a well. I think one of the family goes to the well to make sure he is still down there. It's about the only movie that I haven't been able to figure out what it is. Remember Reincarnation Of Peter Proud?

• Like 1

I definitely remember The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud .. I haven't seen it in a long time, but that was Michael Sarrazin, and I remember him in an epic made for TV Frankenstein movie back around the same time ..

That was a great era for horror ..

The movie you are talking about with the family, and the guy falling in the well - is that Phantasm ?? .... That was two brothers, and they did drive a station wagon a one point, even though the Barracuda was the main car

That's probably not what ya mean though

• Like 1

I definitely remember The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud .. I haven't seen it in a long time, but that was Michael Sarrazin, and I remember him in an epic made for TV Frankenstein movie back around the same time ..

That was a great era for horror ..

The movie you are talking about with the family, and the guy falling in the well - is that Phantasm ?? .... That was two brothers, and they did drive a station wagon a one point, even though the Barracuda was the main car

That's probably not what ya mean though

Nope not Phantasm. Probably a TV movie or something. Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever seen Phantasm all the way through. I remember when the trailers were out for that movie. Just remembered....the other scene that totally freaked me out as a kid was when that vampire boy floated up to the window in the fog and scratched on the window trying to get the other boy to let him in. Chilling. One of my fav scenes from Salem's Lot.

We turned this thread into a horror movie thread:)

Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

Earl, have you heard the electronic act called Carpenter Brut ??

I'm not sure if it w=is one guy or a band, but John Carpenter is a big influence ( hence the "Carpenter" part in the band name )

I love it

There's also a guy from Finland called Perturbator, who has music that sounds like it is straight from 80s horror films - his stuff is a little sleazier

Great stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhhQrFfzFM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vsf3zYppP4

DUDE!!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!! I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Total Carpenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!! I live for this stuff!!! You know this! GOBLIN! ZOMBI!!!!

Cheers!!!

Does Carpenter Brut have cds out?

Yes, Earl, there are three CDs .. And now there is the "Trilogy" release which is a box of the 3 releases ... I ordered mine from overseas - you can get the actual CDs

http://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/

HAHAHA!!!

I love this reality!!!

POSSIBLY MY GREATEST THREAD EVERY CREATED ON HERE!!!! HAHAHA!! NO WONDER THE MASSES ON HERE WHO DON'T COMMENT THINK IT'S BORING!!!! They can't relate!!!!

This thread has turned into a horror movie fanatic thread on the Rush Section!!! INCREDIBLE!! RARE!!!

I don't care if anyone who reads this thinks that I am a kiss ass but I LOVE 73!!!!!!!!!!

In my manic mind I would assume that all the other admins on here hate me. But that's just what I think. I know Jim is the read deal and is totally cool!!!!! So FUKK IT!

On that note I can't wait to buy the BOX SET!!

I am not even wasting my time to write a new JOHN CARPENTER THREAD on here!! So here is is!!!

I get to meet John tomorrow! He will sign two items. I will be wearing a Rush Tee Shirt. Did I tell you this already? Probably!!

So tonight I am watching HALLOWEEN!!!

Homage to the MASTER!!

Man I love him so much.

Just because I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. How cliche!!!!

I make friends everywhere I go!!!

Sadly I only make enemas I mean ENEMIES on here!!! HAHAHA!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

My real forum friends on here know the real me. All the fakes on here who like me and they despise me? FUKK OFF!!! Live long and prosper.

Whatever!!!!!

JOHN CARPENTER!!!

WARRIORS SUCK MY ASS!!

THE NBA IS A FIX!!!!

LEBUM DESERVES TO WIN A COCK RING! I MEAN A RING!! I AM DONE CARING!!!!

• Like 2