Euro 2016 France

Damn Germany plays the game so smoothly and efficiently. No pressure, like a machine.

The fact that you know kraftwerk just makes you so much cooler in my book? I had no idea you liked industrial. KMFDM and Rammstein are also good German bands.

Das ist richtig!
  • Like 1

Italy, who not many people fancied, have beaten one of the favourites Belgium 2-0. Perhaps Belgium, like England, have a very decent squad on paper, particularly in attack, but not as much cohesion and mental toughness as teams such as Italy, Germany, France and so on, who almost always have good tournaments.

It's quite a shock that Holland (Netherlands, whatever) are not in the tournament. It's unacceptable at their level of play to not even qualify!

Also, the English really need to calm down. They've been responsible now for attacking both the French and Russians. That's almost like when you're invited to somebody's house, then you beat them up and their friend. Even though I am rooting for England (I watch Barclay's Premier League, so I know all of the players) I think they should be booted out of the tournament if so much as one fan lays a hand on another.

I think France is going to win it all this year. Their team is definitely the strongest in the tournament, featuring players like Giroud, Pogba, Kante, and Lloris in net.

How are,

The fans acting overall as far as violence goes?

I might be wrong here but I think things for now at least have calmed down. England and Russia have been threatened with expulsion if things were to kick off again, so that might help. Roy Hodgson (England manager) and Wayne Rooney (England captain) have both come out and pleaded for the violence to not happen again, that might also help.

Italy, who not many people fancied, have beaten one of the favourites Belgium 2-0. Perhaps Belgium, like England, have a very decent squad on paper, particularly in attack, but not as much cohesion and mental toughness as teams such as Italy, Germany, France and so on, who almost always have good tournaments.

Italy is always tough. This opens the door for Ireland and Sweden.
  • Like 1

This foursome is really good. Group D, too. Anything can happen there. On the other hand, Portugal has a laugher. :eyeroll:

This foursome is really good. Group D, too. Anything can happen there. On the other hand, Portugal has a laugher. :eyeroll:

No respect for the Hapsburgs? Or do you just hate Bjork?

No respect for the Hapsburgs? Or do you just hate Bjork?

We had to bail them out in 1683. And what did we get for it? A damn partition about a hundred years later. :moon: And I like Bjorn Borg. ;)
  • Like 1

Hungary beat Austria 2-0 earlier and just now came the surprise of the tournament so far, Iceland snatching a draw against Portugal.

They did the Hungarian version of the Green Bay Packers after the first goal. :LOL:
  • Like 1

... the surprise of the tournament so far, Iceland snatching a draw against Portugal.

http://img.allw.mn/content/celebs/2013/02/2_bjorks-swan-dress.jpg

Somewhere, a woman in a swan dress is celebrating...

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I'm getting sick and tired of these players running away from their teammates after scoring a goal. They should be directing their sorry asses to the ones that set them up and thanking them, instead of looking for the camera angle and saying: "Look at me." :moon: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 2

I'm getting sick and tired of these players running away from their teammates after scoring a goal. They should be directing their sorry asses to the ones that set them up and thanking them, instead of looking for the camera angle and saying: "Look at me." :moon:

:LOL: I died laughing when Albania's coach sucker-punched his assistant right in the arm, hard :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

France advances to the playoff stage. After about 10 shots on goal dinged off the posts, a header went in around the 89' mark, and then they made another in stoppage time. Marseilles was going nuts.
  • Like 1

What have things come to? I'm expecting Wales to beat England tomorrow...

But not in the stands. I hear both are teaming up to fend off attacks from the Russians. :ebert:

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

What a day today for soccer: England v. Wales and Germany v. Poland!!!! :drool:

<p>

But not in the stands. I hear both are teaming up to fend off attacks from the Russians. :ebert:

The far-right leader of the Russian footballer supporters' association is being thrown out of France following violence at the England-Russia Euro 2016 match in Marseille.

Alexander Shprygin is among 20 Russian fans being deported.

They were detained on Tuesday while travelling from Marseille to Lille to watch Russia face Slovakia.

The arrests angered Moscow, who summoned the French ambassador in protest.

Mr Shprygin's All-Russia Supporters Union is backed by the Kremlin. He is reported to hold far-right views and has been photographed giving a Nazi salute.

A statement from the union said he and the other 19 fans have been transferred to a deportation centre from which they will be expelled in the next five days.

It said the French authorities were taking the measures for "security reasons".

Russia and England fans clashed before and after the two teams played on Saturday.

In the wake of the violence, Russia was hit with a fine and a suspended disqualification, meaning the team will be thrown out of the Euro tournament if their fans cause more trouble inside stadiums.

Five England fans were jailed for throwing bottles at police and a sixth jailed in connection with the violence.

On Wednesday at least 36 people were arrested in the city of Lille and 16 taken to hospital following disorder involving England supporters.

In total, French police have made more than 300 arrests since the start of the European championships.

"Of these arrests, 196 were taken into custody, eight convicted to jail terms and three given suspended sentences," an interior ministry statement said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36546183

Edited by goose