Euro 2016 France

M :chickendance: I :chickendance: L :chickendance: I :chickendance: K :cosmo: Poland 1 N. Ireland 0

:haz: FINAL :haz:

Good job by Poland. N. Ireland seeming content to just keep it close...

Meanwhile, UEFA threatening to DQ Russia and England due to fan hooliganism. Add that to labour strikes and terror threats, and this is hardly putting France in a good light. On the upside, it may make the Brazil Olympics look like a huge success in contrast!

• Like 2

M :chickendance: I :chickendance: L :chickendance: I :chickendance: K :cosmo: Poland 1 N. Ireland 0

:haz: FINAL :haz:

Good job by Poland. N. Ireland seeming content to just keep it close...

Meanwhile, UEFA threatening to DQ Russia and England due to fan hooliganism. Add that to labour strikes and terror threats, and this is hardly putting France in a good light. On the upside, it may make the Brazil Olympics look like a huge success in contrast!

Would've been nice to score at least one more goal. Goal differential will be a factor in the all-important game against the Ukraine. Still, a win is a win.
  • Like 1

Ukraine with two great chances... So close!

ETA: Since then, Ukraine pressuring effectively, dominating the final minutes of the 1st period, but a bit panicky when pulling the trigger on their crosses.

Edited by goose

'SCHLAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Schweinsteiger!!!!

2-0 Germany

Thank goodness for that second strike. That gives Poland a chance in the goal battle. :madra:
  • Like 1

Some people were panicking about Germany's recent friendly results, from a neutral perspective I knew, just knew, that they'd look good in the actual tournament again. Compare that to England who, despite doing well in recent friendly matches, I knew, just knew, that we'd f**k up again in the actual tournament.
  • Like 2

'SCHLAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Schweinsteiger!!!!

2-0 Germany

Thank goodness for that second strike. That gives Poland a chance in the goal battle. :madra:

Let's remind Lewandowski is Poland team. He's great a player, but in Poland is totally different.

I'm happy for Germany results too!! :cheers:

• Like 2

Some people were panicking about Germany's recent friendly results, from a neutral perspective I knew, just knew, that they'd look good in the actual tournament again. Compare that to England who, despite doing well in recent friendly matches, I knew, just knew, that we'd f**k up again in the actual tournament.

What's your take on the hooliganism in Marseilles? How's that playing in the U.K.?

What's your take on the hooliganism in Marseilles? How's that playing in the U.K.?

I don't know every specific detail but obviously it's horrible and I hope everyone caught on camera being a dick gets punished accordingly. A lot of the people instigating this probably aren't fans, just thugs looking for a fight.

• Like 2

What a Monday triple-header. Spain-Czech Rep, Sweden-Ireland, Belgium-Italy. And I have to go to work. :banghead:

Pffffft call in sick :ph34r:

My wife would not understand. :whipgirl:
  • Like 1

What a Monday triple-header. Spain-Czech Rep, Sweden-Ireland, Belgium-Italy. And I have to go to work. :banghead:

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

I'm not calling in sick if you're wondering! I have nothing to call in sick to at this moment in time.

Damn Germany plays the game so smoothly and efficiently. No pressure, like a machine.

The fact that you know kraftwerk just makes you so much cooler in my book? I had no idea you liked industrial. KMFDM and Rammstein are also good German bands.