Dreams Thread

Rush2112Fan

I think I am losing my sanity as my dreams recently have gotten quite bizarre. Judge for yourself (73 and Toymaker, stand by - you're featured in them):

The first dream I had, Stuart Copeland asked me to marry him and gave me a beautiful diamond ring. I found that puzzling, as I have always been one of those extremely rare females that thought engagement rings were a colossal waste of money and that it was an inhumane thing that a young man would feel pressured to get himself in debt to buy a ring that was only a status symbol of sorts. Anyway, and be that as it may, Stu proposed to me. It was a beautiful ring, and TRFers were congratulating us. 73, you dropped by to wish us luck and brought me orchids. You're da man.

Almost forgot, Stuart had on in the dream those cute white shorts he wore in the Synchronicity Tour dvd I have of the Police in concert from 1984. In my dream, that was his age too - just about thirty. :wub:

Fast forward, I was somewhere belting out for all to hear the Elton John song "Tiny Dancer." Toymaker, you were there and made one of your droll remarks. I don't remember what you said, but I do remember laughing.

Then I woke up. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I think I am losing my sanity as my dreams recently have gotten quite bizarre. Judge for yourself (73 and Toymaker, stand by - you're featured in them):

The first dream I had, Stuart Copeland asked me to marry him and gave me a beautiful diamond ring. I found that puzzling, as I have always been one of those extremely rare females that thought engagement rings were a colossal waste of money and that it was an inhumane thing that a young man would feel pressured to get himself in debt to buy a ring that was only a status symbol of sorts. Anyway, and be that as it may, Stu proposed to me. It was a beautiful ring, and TRFers were congratulating us. 73, you dropped by to wish us luck and brought me orchids. You're da man.

Almost forgot, Stuart had on in the dream those cute white shorts he wore in the Synchronicity Tour dvd I have of the Police in concert from 1984. In my dream, that was his age too - just about thirty. :wub:

Fast forward, I was somewhere belting out for all to hear the Elton John song "Tiny Dancer." Toymaker, you were there and made one of your droll remarks. I don't remember what you said, but I do remember laughing.

This dream is so normal you that you probably don't want to believe it. Marrying a celebrity in your dream - normal. Interacting with folks in your social circle (even an Internet-based one) in your dream - normal. Dreams with pop culture references like Synchronicity and Tiny Dancer - normal. Singing in your dream - all kinds of normal.

My dreams, a LOT of them, border on 'The Surreal'! (Think, Salvadore Dali Painting)

My dreams are like that too. My dreams are just bizarre.

An example, the other day I was dreaming that I had parked my truck outside a museum. I had snowmobile trailer on the back of my truck, and my five year old daughter was laying on the trailer. She was in a sleeping bag with a pillow, and I had her strapped down. When I came out of the museum, someone had taken my trailer, with my daughter still laying on it. I was very upset about losing my trailer and daughter.

I also have a lot of dreams where I'm back in college, and it's finals week. I haven't been to class in a while, and haven't studied for the finals...and for what ever reason (car breaks down, traffic, can't find a parking spot, can't find room for finals are being held), I can't get to the test. I have this dream about once a month. :wacko:

I rarely have dreams that aren't surreal. :scared:

• Like 1

My dreams, a LOT of them, border on 'The Surreal'! (Think, Salvadore Dali Painting)

An example, the other day I was dreaming that I had parked my truck outside a museum. I had snowmobile trailer on the back of my truck, and my five year old daughter was laying on the trailer. She was in a sleeping bag with a pillow, and I had her strapped down. When I came out of the museum, someone had taken my trailer, with my daughter still laying on it. I was very upset about losing my trailer and daughter.

I also have a lot of dreams where I'm back in college, and it's finals week. I haven't been to class in a while, and haven't studied for the finals...and for what ever reason (car breaks down, traffic, can't find a parking spot, can't find room for finals are being held), I can't get to the test. I have this dream about once a month. :wacko:

I read somewhere that dreams about being in a situation you're not prepared for is one of the most common dreams people have.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that dreams about being in a situation you're not prepared for is one of the most common dreams people have.

Read the same thing many times too

I certainly was not prepared for the situation that happened in last night's dream! :scared:

• Like 2

If you think about it, dreams often are the result of preoccupations we have with things in our daily lives. This would make total sense in regards to your dream about your five year daughter. That is, you're naturally protective of her and always hope for her safety. Additionally, we've all seen your snowmobile pics a few times over the years so that's obviously valuable to you too. Soooo the trailer being stolen in the dream isn't TOO surprising either.

• Like 1

I certainly was not prepared for the situation that happened in last night's dream! :scared:

Spill it!

Are you sure the song wasn't Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters?

Me? Droll? :musicnote: Don't give me speeches 'cause they're oh so droll. Leave me alone and let me rock and roll :musicnote:

• Like 1

My dream is to figure out what the hell I want to do with my life...

I figured out what I wanted to do with my life when I was 19 or 20. I reached that goal a few weeks before my 24th birthday. Less than 5 years later, I realized I didn't want it anymore so I stopped doing that thing and had to find something else. Desires and dreams change sometimes. Of course they would.

• Like 1

An old favorite, fun as heck to play. I know it's a cover, but this version is better than the Allman Bros. version

http://youtu.be/Sq6mFereCCc

I moved at the end of last year. I still have dreams about one of my art instructors. We knew each other for 3 years. We were also friends and we saw each other outside of class. I joined an animation society because of him. I also donated money to his Movember campaign. His father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He taught at 3 different institutions and opened his own atelier (private art school). He's an entrepreneur, and he sometimes does modelling. He was the one who told me "time is a gift." He's one of those people you never forget.

http://notablelife.com/media/2015/03/h8wa38lqr0batista.jpg

I had a dream about ghosts. I could actually see and feel them. That was the scariest nightmare I've ever had in my life. It was even more frightening than my decapitation dream. I should write a book about it.

I had a dream about Mr. Not last night.

In the dream I noticed he had over 100,000 posts and I hadn't noticed to make him a special congratulatory thread - the first TRF member in a dozen years to reach that goal - so I was apologizing to him.

There were other TRF members in my dream, but he's the only one I remember at the time. I think ReGor and Earl were there too. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I was just sitting in the chair with my laptop listening to samples on amazon and I must have dozed off. I was out in the back fields in the twilight talking to someone on the footpath and all of a sudden a pack of scary dogs appeared and came after me. I was driving some kind of vehicle, like a quad bike or something and I got it going and zoomed out of there towards home but the dogs were right on my tail and followed me through the gate and into my garden. I was heading towards the hedge between my house and my neighbours and I tried to turn as hard as I could but I seemed about to crash... Then I woke up and found my laptop all turned around to the right... :smoke: Edited by treeduck

There were a few of us standing around in some street, looking up at two hologramatic shiny planets, and we saw one slide down over the other so that they formed a figure eight, then we saw a kind of a vapor trail with something on the end descending over the horizon, and a tsunami came up. A few screams, and then it suddenly stopped.
  • Like 1