Biggest Ass Hat in Rock?

ILSnwdog

A guy we can all agree on ?

scott-stapp.jpg

Aparently Segue realy digs him.

Er no. But I won't discredit the talent Creed wasted. And he wasn't part of that talent.

• Like 1

Er no. But I won't discredit the talent Creed wasted. And he wasn't part of that talent.

Aaaaaaah! That photo was so big and startling I spit out my piece of cake! :P :P And I think Mark Tremonti was the brains/talent behind Creed; he seems like a genuinely nice guy by himself, unlike Scott Stapp.

Edited by blueschica

Not the champ but he tries:

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~bigoleg/queensryche/pictures/kerrang_212_geoff_tate.jpg

Who is she?

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

Can you imagine if these guys formed a supergroup? And called it Asshat?

Why does Corgan get thrown into that group?

• Like 2

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

Or Gene Simmons, for that matter?

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

After watching that video in SOCN, I'd say it's a travesty to put him on that list.
  • Like 1

Steve Howe - you be the judge

I love Steve's playing, and he is a true musical genius, but he comes off as a spoiled prick here ..

( what makes this even more entertaining are the reactions of Chris Squire and Rick Wakeman .. not sure who says "You too should be a vegetarian", but it is funny ... )

Edited by Lucas

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

After watching that video in SOCN, I'd say it's a travesty to put him on that list.

Speaking of Corgan...

Courtney Love

• Like 1

Aaaaaaah! That photo was so big and startling I spit out my piece of cake! :P :P And I think Mark Tremonti was the brains/talent behind Creed; he seems like a genuinely nice guy by himself, unlike Scott Stapp.

Scott Tapp is a damaged man. I don't believe he is a bad person, he has his demons AND his friends.

Tremonti was. He found a better home for his talents after Creed.

• Like 2

Steve Howe - you be the judge

I love Steve's playing, and he is a true musical genius, but he comes off as a spoiled prick here ..

( what makes this even more entertaining are the reactions of Chris Squire and Rick Wakeman .. not sure who says "You too should be a vegetarian", but it is funny ... )

Wow. On the bright side everyone seems entertained by Steve's hissy fit. Must be par for the course.

• Like 2

I think some of these picks are just guys we don't like cause of their opinions on politics etc. I don't particularly like Nugents political rants, but I've never read about him being an asshole to people in general. Same with Simmons, Bono or Springsteen.
  • Like 4

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

I'm not suggesting these are artists I like or don't like. They are just guys I consider asshats. They are either solipsistic, naive, entitled, offensive, just plain irritating, or all of the above. Corgan and Simmons? Do I really need to rundown my evidence base?

I mean, someone mentioned Steve Howe. I absolutely worship Steve Howe the musician. But yeah, he's kind of an asshat--I cannot deny.

Edited by Powderfinger

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

I'm not suggesting these are artists I like or don't like. They are just guys I consider asshats. They are either solipsistic, naive, entitled, offensive, just plain irritating, or all of the above. Corgan and Simmons? Do I really need to rundown my evidence base?

I mean, someone mentioned Steve Howe. I absolutely worship Steve Howe the musician. But yeah, he's kind of an asshat--I cannot deny.

I'm just surprised that Corgan and Simmons are people who really bad people...I've never got that sense from them.

• Like 2

I think some of these picks are just guys we don't like cause of their opinions on politics etc. I don't particularly like Nugents political rants, but I've never read about him being an asshole to people in general. Same with Simmons, Bono or Springsteen.

I totally agree with Nugent and Simmons. Bono and Springsteen are sanctimonious knobs. :LOL:

But you are right. Having different political views does not make one an asshole.

• Like 2

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

I'm just surprised that Corgan and Simmons are people who really bad people...I've never got that sense from them.

Oh, I didn't interpret "asshat" to mean "really bad people." For me the term means insufferable "knobs," to borrow ILSnwdog's term. Just people I probably wouldn't want to be in a room with for more than two minutes. I do think Nugent is a genuinely bad person. Not because of the substance of his political views, but because of the way he delivers them, wrapped in such vitriol and borderline violence. Mustaine's just sort of a pathetic idiot. I am actually a fan of the rest, to varying degrees. Didn't mean to upset anyone. Just joining the conversation.

• Like 1

Dave Mustaine

Ted Nugent

Billy Corgan

Gene Simmons

Geoff Tate

Bono

Oh, I didn't interpret "asshat" to mean "really bad people." For me the term means insufferable "knobs," to borrow ILSnwdog's term. Just people I probably wouldn't want to be in a room with for more than two minutes. I do think Nugent is a genuinely bad person. Not because of the substance of his political views, but because of the way he delivers them, wrapped in such vitriol and borderline violence. Mustaine's just sort of a pathetic idiot. I am actually a fan of the rest, to varying degrees. Didn't mean to upset anyone. Just joining the conversation.

I'm not upset and I didn't mean to admonish you in any way...I was just curious about your opinion.

Cheers

• Like 1