Happy B-Day Snakes & Arrows 9 Years Old

robertrobyn

I really like Snakes And Arrows. A very solid middle of the pack album for me with plenty to enjoy, even if few things stand out as high points in Rush's career.

I love Armor And Sword and The Main Monkey Business, and was thrilled when Monkey Business was brought back out for R40.

• Like 1

The tour was phenomenal, too. The shows I saw on the Snakes tour were my 2nd and 3rd shows, one in Chicago in 2007, one in St. Louis in 2008. Lots of deep cuts were pulled out. Circumstances was a little awkward at first to hear tuned down but that was totally nuts pulling that one back out. Witch Hunt, Mission, Digital Man, Entre Nous, Ghost Of A Chance, the list goes on. And the fact that I liked the Snakes material made the setlists from this tour some of my favorites I've seen.
  • Like 3

I remember the day I stole the promo copy from work. :)

Bought the MVI.

Love this album.

Wouldn't want to sell or trade that promo would you?

The MVI is pretty awesome isn't it?

Oh rhat sucker is long gone. Yep. Sure is.

Was it watermarked or did it just have a slash or mark through the barcode?

Atlantic advance copy Jewel case with only track listing on the back cover.

• Like 1

The tour was phenomenal, too. The shows I saw on the Snakes tour were my 2nd and 3rd shows, one in Chicago in 2007, one in St. Louis in 2008. Lots of deep cuts were pulled out. Circumstances was a little awkward at first to hear tuned down but that was totally nuts pulling that one back out. Witch Hunt, Mission, Digital Man, Entre Nous, Ghost Of A Chance, the list goes on. And the fact that I liked the Snakes material made the setlists from this tour some of my favorites I've seen.

Totally agree. I saw both the 2007 and 2008 St. Paul shows...pretty much dream set list(s). They could've cut an S&A song or 2, but I'm nitpicking.

Bought the MVI.

Love this album.

I loved the MVI, which I blame for my initial love of the album. Getting a documentary at that time was amazing, and the music often works better without vocals and as a background. I do love pieces of this album, and in that spirit I say Happy Birthday!

Bought the MVI.

Love this album.

Wouldn't want to sell or trade that promo would you?

The MVI is pretty awesome isn't it?

Oh rhat sucker is long gone. Yep. Sure is.

Was it watermarked or did it just have a slash or mark through the barcode?

Atlantic advance copy Jewel case with only track listing on the back cover.

Thanks. Think I got that covered.

Snakes & Arrows is the album that got me into Rush. I must have given it twenty listens through before I tried anything else Rush. It always commands my respect.

Just listened to it Tuesday along with Vapor Trails and Test For Echo on three hours of rural roads leading home.

• Like 3

I really wish they came to Brazil for that tour. I like most of the album. I call it Snakes & Errors - Spindrift and Good News First being the errors. The Larger Bowl is cool, but could use a bit more heaviness.
  • Like 2

I really wish they came to Brazil for that tour. I like most of the album. I call it Snakes & Errors - Spindrift and Good News First being the errors. The Larger Bowl is cool, but could use a bit more heaviness.

I've got the same feeling of missing S & A tour because they weren't here. It was a pity. :huh:

I do like Spindrift though. :LOL:

Happy Birthday to a beautiful album! :clap:

• Like 4

Great tour, decent album suffering form the same malaise of many CD-era releases, namely "there's lots of room left on the CD, try and fill it up even if the material isn't great".

There's a good single vinyl album's worth of material in there.

• Like 2

Great tour, decent album suffering form the same malaise of many CD-era releases, namely "there's lots of room left on the CD, try and fill it up even if the material isn't great".

Remove Spindrift, Good News First and Bravest Face and you get yourself a classic Rush album!!!

• Like 1

Remove Spindrift, Good News First and Bravest Face and you get yourself a classic Rush album!!!

Bravest Face and Faithless.