Honestly, I have no clue who plays what between KK and Glenn unless I'm looking right at them when they do it.

Really? I think it's quite easy to tell them apart, especially in sound. KK relied a lot more on wah wah and whammy bar (too much so for my taste) wheras Glenn was a faster and cleaner picker with more of a straight Marshall sound.

• Like 1

KK Could never have filled in for Glenn. Glenn was always the better guitar player.

Agreed that Glenn was always superior. Had he really come back, KK would probably have stuck to his old parts and let Richie cover Glenn. How weird would it have been to see Priest with two blond guitarists both playing V's!

The truth is Richie is talented enough he could handle all the guitar work himself. But that would go against Priest tradition.

• Like 1

Honestly, I have no clue who plays what between KK and Glenn unless I'm looking right at them when they do it.

Really? I think it's quite easy to tell them apart, especially in sound. KK relied a lot more on wah wah and whammy bar (too much so for my taste) wheras Glenn was a faster and cleaner picker with more of a straight Marshall sound.

I'm not a musician so I don't know what a clean picker or straight Marshall sound are. I think it goes to show how well they played together that I can never tell who is doing what. I have the same problem with Megadeth. I know Mustaine plays all the riffs but he shares solos with whoever the other player is and I have no clue if it's him or the other guy when I hear a solo.

Some bands are easy for me like Maiden. I can tell the difference between Adrian and Dave. Same with Metallica. Hetfield does pretty much everything until Hammit comes in with the same wah wah solo he's been doing for the last 30 years.

But KK and Glenn's sound just blends so well together I can't tell who plays what.

KK Could never have filled in for Glenn. Glenn was always the better guitar player.

Agreed that Glenn was always superior. Had he really come back, KK would probably have stuck to his old parts and let Richie cover Glenn. How weird would it have been to see Priest with two blond guitarists both playing V's!

The truth is Richie is talented enough he could handle all the guitar work himself. But that would go against Priest tradition.

Yeah Glenn did all the melodic memorable solos such as Beyond the Realms of Death, Electric Eye etc. And the more technical flashy solos like Painkiller and Delivering the Goods.

• Like 1

Got a feeling KK's book is gonna be chock full of arrow slinging at the other Priest guys, especially Rob.

Why do you think that? Did the band have a lot of in house issues I'm not aware of?

I don't know about the rest of the band, but KK sure did. He's done a lot of public whining over the years - when Rob left, when the "farewell" tour was about to commence, when they didn't ask him back recently to cover for Glenn, and probably others I'm forgetting. I doubt he has much against Travis and he may not unload too much on Glenn given his condition. But I suspect Rob, Ian and Priest's management will get hammered. Hopefully he'll share some funny stories and positive experiences with the guys, but I've had the impression since he announced it that the primary purpose of the book was a bitchfest. We'll see.

But why make himself look bad by bashing Halford who is one of the most beloved metal icons? Makes no sense.

He's bitter about the way his time in Priest ended and thinks the other guys didn't support him enough. And he took them not offering the stand-in gig for Glenn as a sign of disrespect. Even though he had apparently made it clear previously that he was retired!

In other interviews I've read, he's occasionally come across as being jealous of Rob being the face of Priest. I think he was pissed that management decided to bring Rob back and he would've preferred the band continue with Owens (even though financially that lineup was a disaster).

So overall impression to me has been a bit of a flake with an axe to grind. We'll see what the book says.

Got a feeling KK's book is gonna be chock full of arrow slinging at the other Priest guys, especially Rob.

Why do you think that? Did the band have a lot of in house issues I'm not aware of?

I don't know about the rest of the band, but KK sure did. He's done a lot of public whining over the years - when Rob left, when the "farewell" tour was about to commence, when they didn't ask him back recently to cover for Glenn, and probably others I'm forgetting. I doubt he has much against Travis and he may not unload too much on Glenn given his condition. But I suspect Rob, Ian and Priest's management will get hammered. Hopefully he'll share some funny stories and positive experiences with the guys, but I've had the impression since he announced it that the primary purpose of the book was a bitchfest. We'll see.

But why make himself look bad by bashing Halford who is one of the most beloved metal icons? Makes no sense.

He's bitter about the way his time in Priest ended and thinks the other guys didn't support him enough. And he took them not offering the stand-in gig for Glenn as a sign of disrespect. Even though he had apparently made it clear previously that he was retired!

In other interviews I've read, he's occasionally come across as being jealous of Rob being the face of Priest. I think he was pissed that management decided to bring Rob back and he would've preferred the band continue with Owens (even though financially that lineup was a disaster).

So overall impression to me has been a bit of a flake with an axe to grind. We'll see what the book says.

That's a pretty unrealistic assumption. Other than a few exceptions, when has the singer ever not been the face of most bands. It's not like they're King Crimson

Edited by Union 5-3992

That's a pretty unrealistic assumption. Other than a few exceptions, when has the singer ever not been the face of most bands. It's not like they're King Crimson

Wow Union's in the thread, let me mark this down in my diary written in an enigmatic prose style... :bang bang:

• Like 1

I've always lurked in here. I'm sa Priest fan but didn't have much relevant info to share. I will be seeing them in a month when they come to Darien with Deep Purple

Which songs are you looking forward to seeing?

I wish Purple/Priest was coming near me. I'm wondering if JP might vary the setlist slightly, seeing that they'll be playing in part to a Purple crowd. Still a bit of an odd pairing to me. Quite a stylistic difference between "Painkiller" and "Hush", though both are great tunes.

I've always lurked in here. I'm sa Priest fan but didn't have much relevant info to share. I will be seeing them in a month when they come to Darien with Deep Purple

I'd say Saints in Hell, The Ripper, and a number of the newer songs. I really like the new album. I like that this setlist is largely different from the last tour so I'm happy to see such a different show

• Like 1

I'd say Saints in Hell, The Ripper, and a number of the newer songs. I really like the new album. I like that this setlist is largely different from the last tour so I'm happy to see such a different show

Hopefully you'll get SIH. Sharing the bill means 80 minutes max, so a few will have to go. They've seemed to really enjoy playing SIH though and it's gotten a good reaction, so maybe they'll keep it. Ripper is a certainty, along with YGATC, LAM, BTL, a couple FP tunes and probably TL. Maybe half the set there.

Yeah Glenn did all the melodic memorable solos such as Beyond the Realms of Death, Electric Eye etc. And the more technical flashy solos like Painkiller and Delivering the Goods.

yeah but I loved KK tremolo solos like Sinner and Victim. They sounded sinister :)

yeah but I loved KK tremolo solos like Sinner and Victim. They sounded sinister :)

Yeah!

• Like 1