Anyone read K.K.'s book yet?

No I've seen a few excerpts and listened to a few interviews though. Have you read it?

Not yet but I'm going to get it in the next couple of weeks for certain.

Spill the details once you've read it!

great show. skipped temperance movement to enjoy the heavy metal parking lot. I was having our tickets scanned as I heard the last bit of temperance movement and it sounded a bit too much like the black crowes for me

priest ruled - fun greatest hits set with some new shit. I wanted tyrant but I can't really complain about anything - sinner was the deep cut, and the last 7 songs or so were just straight anthems

deep purple were excellent, had no idea how good steve morse really was and ian paice plays like he's 24. even gillan does not sound like he's in his seventies. managed to smoke a free joint with some random guy who just happened to be offering - I don't really smoke pot like I used to, so I was transported to another world for the last chunk of purple's set. powerful

• Like 2

plus, I hit it off with some hot drunk chick who claimed to be the daughter of someone from savatage! crazy

She probably is. If she was making something up she would certainly have picked a more well known band to name drop than Savatage.

plus, I hit it off with some hot drunk chick who claimed to be the daughter of someone from savatage! crazy

She probably is. If she was making something up she would certainly have picked a more well known band to name drop than Savatage.

oh, I believed her. you're not getting into night clubs saying you're related to savatage. I just thought it was a crazy occurrence

Listened to Firepower for the first time in a while today.

Somehow, it was better than I remembered it. The songs I remembered being less than stellar surprised me with parts I hadn't paid attention to before.

If the "worst" song on this album is Lone Wolf or Sea Of Red, that is the highest of compliments. I can't choose a favorite.

• Like 1

great show. skipped temperance movement to enjoy the heavy metal parking lot. I was having our tickets scanned as I heard the last bit of temperance movement and it sounded a bit too much like the black crowes for me

priest ruled - fun greatest hits set with some new shit. I wanted tyrant but I can't really complain about anything - sinner was the deep cut, and the last 7 songs or so were just straight anthems

deep purple were excellent, had no idea how good steve morse really was and ian paice plays like he's 24. even gillan does not sound like he's in his seventies. managed to smoke a free joint with some random guy who just happened to be offering - I don't really smoke pot like I used to, so I was transported to another world for the last chunk of purple's set. powerful

I've been hearing about these heavy metal parking lots!

:haz:

• Like 1

Richie’s the coolest. One day Priest will have to retire (no time soon I hope) and he’ll have to start a new project, and I will be listening to whatever it is.

• Like 1

I traveled to Denver over the weekend to catch Priest and Purple. Managed to snag a 3rd row center seat for regular price. Fantastic show!!! My first time seeing Purple and they are still quite good for a 50 year old band. Between Faulkner and Morse, it was a fun shred battle. Poor Ian Gillan doesn't have much range left (and it seemed like they purposely lowered him in the mix to not draw attention to that), but he still seems to enjoy being up on stage. The rest of the band still smokes. Don Airey does as good a job filling in for the legend Jon Lord as anyone could. But it was clear from all the t-shirts in the arena that more folks were there to see Priest and they delivered as usual. Setlist was the same as it's been. Was really hoping Glenn would be there, but unfortunately not. Rob is singing and moving around the stage with such confidence you'd think he was still in his 30s. Between the vocal deliveries and the outfits (the denim patch jacket he wears for LAM is the ultimate), I found it hard to take my eyes off of him. One thing I really love is how he throws his arms back with swagger whenever he nails a scream! I had my doubts about seeing Priest again after Glenn's issue was revealed, but with Rob still performing at this high level, they sound like a band with a lot of life left in them. Sneap is doing a fine fill-in job and Richie is like Glenn on steroids! Travis is still drumming with a lot of power and Ian is still bobbing in the same corner of the stage he has for 45+ years. I wish this co-headline tour was coming through Texas, so I could see it once more. It was more than worth the travel expense. Will post some pictures if I can figure out how.
  • Like 3

A few more from up close in Denver. Anyone know the secret to getting the photo to display instead of the link?

44323836034_cc37aa3e71_h.jpg

45043125701_c864753bf3_h.jpg

45043056301_8b7915a51a_h.jpg

44132215085_b98d5e40fa_h.jpg

31170322708_58d643c74e_h.jpg

45043252851_c5396afc40_h.jpg

• Like 1

So you confidence that this album will, in fact, be metal is really high?

Aye!

Aren’t these guys older than dirt too?

Richie Faulkner is 38, Andy Sneap is 49 and Scott Travis is 57.

Ah a lineup change since I saw them last.

So you confidence that this album will, in fact, be metal is really high?

Aye!

Aren’t these guys older than dirt too?

Richie Faulkner is 38, Andy Sneap is 49 and Scott Travis is 57.

Ah a lineup change since I saw them last.

Meanwhile Halford is 67, Hill is 67 and the mostly absent Tipton is 70.