A couple of set changes for the start of the European tour.

https://www.setlist....y-6bed566e.html

Meh. Mediocre old song added at the expense of a classic. And do they really have to drop one FP tune in order to add another one?

Wasn't a huge fan of evil never dies live, but night comes down is indeed meh. Would have loved to see Tyrant though.

Meh. Mediocre old song added at the expense of a classic. And do they really have to drop one FP tune in order to add another one?

Wasn't a huge fan of evil never dies live, but night comes down is indeed meh. Would have loved to see Tyrant though.

They should have dropped Turbo Lover, that's had a very long run in the setlist.

They should have dropped Turbo Lover, that's had a very long run in the setlist.

they should not have dropped Green Manalishi

They dropped that ages ago. Which setlist are you looking at?

not looking at a setlist. I know they dropped it before I saw them so I was bummed.

not looking at a setlist. I know they dropped it before I saw them so I was bummed.

Well I'm talking about the fact that they dropped Electric Eye and Evil Never Dies. Night Comes Down I think they brought in because they want a ballad in there, probably Beyond the Realms of Death but they know that's one of Glenn's epic solo moments so they're looking for something else. They tried Angel now they're trying Night Comes Down.

Well I'm talking about the fact that they dropped Electric Eye and Evil Never Dies. Night Comes Down I think they brought in because they want a ballad in there, probably Beyond the Realms of Death but they know that's one of Glenn's epic solo moments so they're looking for something else. They tried Angel now they're trying Night Comes Down.

oh i didn't notice they dropped Electric Eye! That would have pissed me off if i missed that.

oh i didn't notice they dropped Electric Eye! That would have pissed me off if i missed that.

Obviously they should do the setlist that I devise. :D-13:

THIS is the setlist I want to see

Hellion/Electric Eye

Riding On The Wind

Metal Gods

Heading Out To The Highway

Sinner

Never Satisfied

Out In The Cold

Firepower

Desert Plains

The Sentinel

Steeler

Beyond The Realms of Death

NIghtcrawler

Green Manalishi

Victim of Changes

Hell Bent

Breaking the Law

LAM

You Got Another Thing

Stick me front row center and I die happy :D

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 2

Hellion/Electric Eye

Riding On The Wind

Metal Gods

Sinner

Never Satisfied

Out In The Cold

Firepower

Desert Plains

The Sentinel

Steeler

NIghtcrawler

Green Manalishi

Victim of Changes

Hell Bent

Breaking the Law

LAM

You Got Another Thing

I thought you wanted them to drop Green Manalishi?

Hellion/Electric Eye

Riding On The Wind

Metal Gods

Sinner

Never Satisfied

Out In The Cold

Firepower

Desert Plains

The Sentinel

Steeler

NIghtcrawler

Green Manalishi

Victim of Changes

Hell Bent

Breaking the Law

LAM

You Got Another Thing

I thought you wanted them to drop Green Manalishi?

no i was bummed they dropped it before I saw them

They should indeed, but I've given up on that ever happening. The casual fans still respond to it and I imagine the band likes having easy songs mixed in with Sinner, Freewheel and the like.

• Like 1

They should indeed, but I've given up on that ever happening. The casual fans still respond to it and I imagine the band likes having easy songs mixed in with Sinner, Freewheel and the like.

Unfortunately, Turbo Lover is like Maiden's 'Fear Of The Dark'. They are both good songs and great live, but they have worn out their stay. They need to be dropped to work in other true classics or forgotten gems. There is no reason these bands should still be playing these two songs on every tour since their inceptions.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, Turbo Lover is like Maiden's 'Fear Of The Dark'. They are both good songs and great live, but they have worn out their stay. They need to be dropped to work in other true classics or forgotten gems. There is no reason these bands should still be playing these two songs on every tour since their inceptions.

Exactly. I mean I don't mind it, I like it, but it needs to be rotated out, at least for a while.

Come to think of it, they did drop TL for the British Steel Anniversary tour. But that was a slightly shortened set due to Whitesnake opening, so I'm not sure if it should count.

Where can I find a list of which Priest guitar solos were played by which guitarist?

Wikipedia has info on both their playing styles. Since you're a musician you probably have an idea of what they're talking about. Maybe that will help a little with knowing who plays what.

Some of the 80s albums have lead break credits in the liner notes. I just looked through a few of mine and saw that Defenders and Painkiller booklets both have lead credits (sorry, too lazy to type them all out at the moment). I assume Ram It Down (not sure where that cd is) and Turbo (don't own it on cd) do as well. I think they stopped printing them after that.

It's generally pretty easy to tell who's who. The more whammy, pinch harmonics and flange/wah-wah effects you hear, it's likely Downing. Tipton is more of a fast picker with a cleaner sound.