ANOTHER NEW ORIGINAL TOPIC, never been discussed, does TRF enhance your appreciation of NEIL PEART or cause you to LOATHE HIM???

JohnRogers

Love Neil more or loathe him more?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Has spending time at TRF increased your admiration of Neil Peart or do you admire him less?

• Love and admire him more!
    • I now find him to be a loathsome creature and wish I never found this forum.
    • I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend
    • Matters not I'm all aboot Geddy. I want to be a Geddy Lee meat sandwich.
    • Matters not I just admire Alex Lifeson's large hands.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. I don't know Neil and I'm not going to look for meaning in every single sentence he writes. He can do as he pleases and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Thanks for 40 years of excellent service.
  • Like 1

In all honesty I do think TRF made me a bit more critical of Neil and I can't say I agree with everything he thinks, but I don't think this opinion matters at all. He's living his own life and nobody can make him do something he doesn't want to do. I probably would've admired him more if I stuck to just listening to interviews. The way he writes and the things he writes about are a little harder to digest.
  • Like 1

His words made me think him more of an ass, and likely much of it would have gone unnoticed if not for this place. I do not loathe him, but my opinion of him has definitely been skewed negatively
  • Like 1

Honestly, the ranging opinions on TRF steers me 0%. Even while wading through plenty of the negative. His words (in rare interviews and of course, lyrics) interest me. His book writing style? Not so much.

It mainly ends there. I don't know the guy or pretend to from a far...thanks for the music, Neil.

• Like 1

neal pert is an ass because he retired before my broke ass could go see rash play in concert

Oh, now you've gone and done it.

You spelled his name wrong.

Not as bad as pronouncing his name wrong...that's a crime! :LOL:

• Like 2

neal pert is an ass because he retired before my broke ass could go see rash play in concert

And I didn't even mention the fact that she got the name of the band wrong too. I tried to spare her the embarrassment. :facepalm: :facepalm:

:smash:

;)

• Like 2

And I didn't even mention the fact that she got the name of the band wrong too. I tried to spare her the embarrassment. :facepalm: :facepalm:

:smash:

;)

I'll give "rash" a pass because I have the shirt. :D

Peart is what he is, perception, appreciation doesn't come into it.

What does this mean?

Peart is who he is. How difficult is that to understand?

You wrote more than that though, didn't you? How does perception not define who or what he is? None of us can ever be anyone else so all we have is our perception.

What does this mean?

You wrote more than that though, didn't you? How does perception not define who or what he is? None of us can ever be anyone else so all we have is our perception.

You've seen him and heard him and you've already decided over the decades so why are you bothering me with this?

What does this mean?

Neil Peart is who we thought he is. And we let him off the hook. If you want to crown him as the best drummer in the world then crown his ass.

• Like 4

What does this mean?

Neil Peart is who we thought he is. And we let him off the hook. If you want to crown him as the best drummer in the world then crown his ass.

Not to mention the fact that he had the Vikings ready to advance to the Super Bowl in '98-'99

• Like 1

Vote now! Explain yourself!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I don't give a fukk about what anyone on here or anyone in charge on here has to say about Neil Peart. Hell, I meet him on the "VT" tour at his tour bus and he fuckking blew me off.

Didn't bother me one bit. I knew it was going to happen. All I wish is that I was able to tell him that I was indeed a drummer as well and that his style of progressive Pro Mark playing inspired me as a young lad.

Oh well.

Nothing really ever does go as planned. He starred into my eyes, I gazed back into his empty bloodshot boozing eyes. Neil DEERT eyes. Deer in headlight eyes. Shall I go on?

Who give a fuckk if Neil is a self centered, immature, phobic prick.

I will love him until the day I die.

No one on here bothers me or offends me. I am the Webster's Dictionary of "FREEWILL."

NEIL PEART IS MY FUCKINGg MAN!

Alex is a wonderful human being. I adore him completely.

You people who love Geddy are fools. Geddy is beyond amazing but he is truly an arrogant prick.

I know many stories about his true persona.

Neill is humble and sweet in real life.

You fake Rush fanboys need to wake the fukk up and realize the truth about Neil.

I see through all the bullshit because I am self actualized.

I am way above Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs.

I get it.

On the outside Neil is a prick to society, but deep underneath the mask of false reality Neil is a real loving genuine human being.

I could cry.

Well, "Far Cry."

You guys leave my man alone.

You should be more worried about his health than about how fukking worried you are about loathing in Las Vegas. I've seen RUSH 6 times in Vegas.

THEY RULE!

I appreciate Neil Peart.

I played A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres and Grace Under Pressure tonight.

So fun!!!!

Get a clue.

So out of all the Rush Forum Fans on here how many are real Rush fans?

I would say at least 21.12%

Neil is only immortal for a limited time.

Please. Leave him alone.

• Like 1