Halo Effect

Bigbobby10

I can't stand the song. It's unworthy of Rush in my book and an embarrassment to listen to.

Geez Lorraine. It's not "Face-Up". Unworthy is "I think I'm Going Bald". Or "The Big Wheel"...most of RTB or Presto.

An embarrassment? C'mon dude.

I'm not a dude.

And, yes, it is an embarrassment to me.

He probably prefers it to Xanadu. "More metal"

Yeah we know it's not Xanadu OK. Nothing else is. However, Halo Effect isn't excrement. We can point to other works in the canon that absolutely are...Halo Effect is not one of them.

It is not Face Up.

Or Neurotica.

Or You Bet Your Life.

O wow...I really dislike RTB...

• Like 2

I can't stand the song. It's unworthy of Rush in my book and an embarrassment to listen to.

Geez Lorraine. It's not "Face-Up". Unworthy is "I think I'm Going Bald". Or "The Big Wheel"...most of RTB or Presto.

I'm not a dude.

Yeah we know it's not Xanadu OK. Nothing else is. However, Halo Effect isn't excrement. We can point to other works in the canon that absolutely are...Halo Effect is not one of them.

It is not Face Up.

Or Neurotica.

Or You Bet Your Life.

I'm right there with you. Roll The Bones is like...what?

• Like 1

I'll forward this thread to them...that will motivate them to get away from their relaxing retirement.

I am sure they aren't going to be butt hurt that not every fan agrees with them.

They don't need anyone to agree with them...as long as the concert halls are filled and the merch sells. Funny thing is...that doesn't happen unless alot of people do agree with them to a certain extent.
  • Like 2

...I like Roll the Bones. It's a bad Rush album but it's fine if you pretend it isn't.

edit: actually I've thought a few minutes about this and I don't get the RTB hate in general, even in the context of the rest of their music. Is it less catchy than any of the other albums? Is it more lyrically awkward than any of the other albums, especially the late-era albums? Does it have more duds than any other album? Does the playing suck? Does the singing suck?

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

...I like Roll the Bones. It's a bad Rush album but it's fine if you pretend it isn't.

edit: actually I don't get the RTB hate in general. Is it less catchy than any of the other albums? Is it more lyrically awkward than any of the other albums, especially the late-era albums? Does it have more duds than any other album? Does the playing suck? Does the singing suck?

Three songs I cannot stand, the rest I enjoy. But not as much as other albums. Although Bravado is one of my favourite Rush songs.

edit: actually I don't get the RTB hate in general. Is it less catchy than any of the other albums? Is it more lyrically awkward than any of the other albums, especially the late-era albums? Does it have more duds than any other album? Does the playing suck? Does the singing suck?

Three songs I cannot stand, the rest I enjoy. But not as much as other albums. Although Bravado is one of my favourite Rush songs.

It's kind of funny because I dislike Dreamline and Bravado, but The Big Wheel, Heresy, and Neurotica are ok to me.

It's kind of funny because I dislike Dreamline and Bravado, but The Big Wheel, Heresy, and Neurotica are ok to me.

Dreamlike is OK. Ghost Of A Chance, The Big Wheel, Heresy and the title tracks are sings I forget I love (until I replay the album).

But the production kills the momentum of the songs a lot if you ask me. Presto sounds OK, thin but ok, this sounds like a Ba k street Boys album.

It's Rush does Nickelback.

so i say nay, lol

Mick

someday you'll try to chase the unattainable girl and understand what the song is about.

i understand the song.........been through it.

Still sucks.

Mick

But this is the greatest album since Kilroy Was Here. One day you will see.

• Like 1

so i say nay, lol

Mick

someday you'll try to chase the unattainable girl and understand what the song is about.

Still sucks.

Mick

oh it's CA the greatest piece of art since beggining of time.

Nearly 4 years and it's still an average albumt for a band that's NOT Rush.

for rush.......it's bad.

not sorry folks, lol

Mick

• Like 2

so i say nay, lol

Mick

Still sucks.

Mick

for rush.......it's bad.

not sorry folks, lol

Mick

Don't be too negative you might break hearts.

• Like 2

so i say nay, lol

Mick

Still sucks.

Mick

for rush.......it's bad.

not sorry folks, lol

Mick

Don't be too negative you might break hearts.

Can confirm, Mick just broke my heart.

I love Clockwork Angels. I don't think there's a lot of filler on it (I think it drags on because of the tempo and length of songs themselves, not the content). I think it would've been much better received if it had Hemispheres Geddy's vocals on it, but I enjoy the music because it has a distinct mood to it. It succeeded as a concept album.

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

I'm not a dude.

How could anyone say Clockwork Angels is worse than Roll The Bones is beyond me.

Because they don,t know shit from shine-ola, that,s why.
  • Like 3

I love Halo Effect. My favorite song from CA by far.

Another person not embarrassed. YES!

Why would anyone be embarrassed by liking Halo Effect? It's not Half the World, Anagram, Hand Over Fist, Red Tide, Scars, Superconductor, War Paint, or anything off of Snakes other than Far Cry or the instrumentals.

• Like 1

Why would anyone be embarrassed by liking Halo Effect? It's not Half the World, Anagram, Hand Over Fist, Red Tide, Scars, Superconductor, War Paint, or anything off of Snakes other than Far Cry or the instrumentals.

But all those other songs you listed are awesome. :(

Why would anyone be embarrassed by liking Halo Effect?

Have no clue. Some on TRF are embarrassed by the song being written by the Holy Triumvirate.
  • Like 1

so i say nay, lol

Mick

Still sucks.

Mick

Says someone that apparently likes Captain Fantastic and BrownShit Cowboy.

I'm not a dude.

How could anyone say Clockwork Angels is worse than Roll The Bones is beyond me.

Yeah well consider the source and their 'qualifications'.
  • Like 1

I'm not a dude.

Yeah well consider the source and their 'qualifications'.

'Eat my poo'.

You know when people start attacking each other that someone has gotten butt hurt. I feel the need to post this again...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/12074624_10153197353456334_1369347177877497732_n_zpscmec6b2l.jpg

• Like 4

You know when people start attacking each other that someone has gotten butt hurt. I feel the need to post this again...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/12074624_10153197353456334_1369347177877497732_n_zpscmec6b2l.jpg

Gonna need a separate sheet...

• Like 4

Gonna need a separate sheet...

:LOL:

• Like 2

I'm not a dude.

It is not Face Up.

Or Neurotica.

Or You Bet Your Life.

Those 3 immediately make my top 10 Worst list.

Halo Effect wouldn't be on my Dislike/Hate List BUT it'd definitely be on my Don't Care About List.

• Like 2