Presto!

JohnRogers

To me, Presto is a good "winter album". I don't know how many besides me associate albums with seasons (maybe it's the release date, I don't know), but it's rather gloomy. That's not saying I don't like it...AFTK, Power Windows, and A Farewell to Kings kinda fit that category, as well. Signals, Moving Pictures, P/G...summertime all the way, baby! Wait...what were we talking about?

Yeah, it's definitely a winter album. There are few things I despise as much as winter, and Presto is one of them ;)

• Like 1

To me, Presto is a good "winter album". I don't know how many besides me associate albums with seasons (maybe it's the release date, I don't know), but it's rather gloomy. That's not saying I don't like it...AFTK, Power Windows, and A Farewell to Kings kinda fit that category, as well. Signals, Moving Pictures, P/G...summertime all the way, baby! Wait...what were we talking about?

Yeah, it's definitely a winter album. There are few things I despise as much as winter, and Presto is one of them ;)

Presto. The official soundtrack of Seasonal Affective Disorder. A better fit you'll never see.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Presto. The official soundtrack of Seasonal Affective Disorder. A tighter fit you'll never see.

That's what she said. Can't help myself (also what she said)

• Like 2

More on Presto... There are a couple of meh tunes (anagram, scars) and a piece of garbage (superconductor). The rest of the album is great. Remember, it was recorded in the late 80s. I can't think of one lp recorded in the late 80s that sounded good.

As for Geddy's sound, it's an active bass. Geddy always favors the bridge pickup and with the active pickups the brilliance and crispness is brought out and the bass is sacrificed. Active bass boost is out there but he didn't use it. The single coils on the Jazz and the Rick were a bit more focused and less wide in spectrum.

I think it is a fine record with a decent sound for the tubeless 80s digital crapfest. Listen to Momentary Lapse and then listen to Presto.

Available Light is one of the bands greatest songs.

I think it's easily the best album closer of the last 31 years.

The Garden >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Available Light

:no: And here's why...

Poetic Neil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pedantic Neil.

Did you forget what year it was?

:no: And I expect a Snakes and Arrows limited edition to be released soon.

I thought it had been already, and it just hadn't made it out here to the Middle West.

Pray and pass the ammunition!
  • Like 1

To me, Presto is a good "winter album". I don't know how many besides me associate albums with seasons (maybe it's the release date, I don't know), but it's rather gloomy.

Weird...I associate it with Spring, as the sound is bright, crisp. Chain Lightning, for example. There are heavy themes, but the music is light and hopeful to me.
  • Like 1

I'm listening right now and can only conclude that Presto haters have no heart. Probably Ted Cruz supporters...

Ted Cruz looks like he's about to burst into tears at any moment.

• Like 1

Strangely, the title track is completely uninteresting to me and sounds totally phoned in. Yet it's one of the most popular tracks here on TRF. I see a lot of "I like Show Don't Tell and Presto....". Ain't it a funny world...?

:7up: :musicnote: S :musicnote: U :musicnote: P :musicnote: E :musicnote: R :musicnote: C :musicnote: O :musicnote: N :musicnote: D :musicnote: U :musicnote: C :musicnote: T :musicnote: O :musicnote: R :musicnote: :7up:

:heart: the bridge :heart:

Edited by goose

Opening riff of Superconductor came up and now I'm not sure if I wanna just remove my headphones and never touch them again.

Not a bad song. Just ruins my mood every time.

edit: thankfully it gets better

Edited by Day of Light