Who on the forum admits to being a hipster?

treeduck

Hipsters like to follow their new hot bands when in fact their new cool music is highly derivative of other bands. Poor hipsters...they'll never know what exciting new music is like.
  • Like 2

you can't be a rush fan and a hipster, but a thread like this over on the sonic youth forum would be interesting

Hipsters are self-absorbed millenials who think they're individualistic, but in fact just follow their own fashion trend like blind cows. They think they're cool, but have no idea why they're 'cool'. That's the exact opposite of a proper Rush fan.

Even if Geddy is rocking the chuck taylors, he gets a non-hipster free pass.

I'm putting you in charge of my next witch hunt.

I have a beard. I dont know if fhat makes me more hippie or hipster.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2010/12/haight-hippie.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/02/26/1226838/068687-8bc3906a-9e7d-11e3-b163-d60ea6e39be3.jpg

This ain't rocket science. ;)

• Like 1

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/02/26/1226838/068687-8bc3906a-9e7d-11e3-b163-d60ea6e39be3.jpg

How bout I'm somewhere in he middle then. I dont drink PBR Or wear skinny jeans.

How bout I'm somewhere in he middle then. I dont drink PBR Or wear skinny jeans.

Skinny jeans are funny. Might as well just put Saran Wrap around your legs and spray paint that blue or whatever.

• Like 1

I had a beard for about fifteen years. I only kept it for that long because for quite a bit of that time, I was so taken with the fact that I was a big person now, and I could grow a beard!

I also was known to wear daishikis, and knit ponchos imported from Guatemala.

It all seems but a distant memory now...(as I sit here in my shirt and tie, posting on TRF from my office job).

:P

Edited by Blue J

I had a beard for about fifteen years. I only kept it for that long because for quite a bit of that time, I was so taken with the fact that I was a big person now, and I could grow a beard!

I also was known to wear daishikis, and knit ponchos imported from Guatemala.

It all seems but a distant memory now...(as I sit here in my shirt and tie, posting on TRF from my office job).

:P

One day I'm going to wise up(rise up) and get a real job and a upper 5 figure salary.

I still need to grow up a bit more though. Maybe lose the flares and denim jackets. Get a haircut and get a real job.

• Like 2

^ Yes, an upper five-figure salary would be nice.

Basically, I just dress the way I do because I want to- it isn't a matter of dress code at my job, or anything. But I am a professional, and I enjoy looking like one, too.

But some people I work with do look at me as if I have seventeen holes in my head. :huh:

Well, i fess to not being a fashion victim, i like retro (70's) clobber - as long as my genitalia is covered i consider myself well dressed these days - i wear reading glasses and have my own opinions about almost everything.. Hell ! i dunno.. you decide !
  • Like 1

Basically, I just dress the way I do because I want to- it isn't a matter of dress code at my job, or anything. But I am a professional, and I enjoy looking like one, too.

But some people I work with do look at me as if I have seventeen holes in my head. :huh:

Lol. Out of curiosity what is it you do, blue? I am a cook. Its a noble profession just not a profitable one. Unless you want to set yourself for a life of misery. Haha

• Like 1

Lol. Out of curiosity what is it you do, blue? I am a cook. Its a noble profession just not a profitable one. Unless you want to set yourself for a life of misery. Haha

I'd love to be able to cook- I mean really cook, a lot of different things. I can only manage a few dishes.

Anyway- I do raw materials management, logistics, production scheduling and inventory control for a company that designs, machines, and assembles wheel ends (hub/drum and hub/rotor assemblies) for the heavy truck and trailer industry.

Decidedly not hipster.

Well... I don't have a beard or an ironic moustache.... or any other kind of moustache...

But I do own sandals....

:unsure:

That's because you love the idea of being Roman!

Oh of course!! That explains my obsession with togas!!! :ebert:

• Like 2

I think everyone has something off of that 'list' that they do, or have.....as far as music, I have grown with 'my music'....I like new stuff, but I'm also going backwards. I like classical music also...

Anyone admitting to being a hipster wouldn't be a hipster.

Do you mean there might be closet hipsters on TRF?

I can definitely think of some TRF hipsters from years back. Modern TRFers...hmm...I don't know what some look like but by "sound"/what some write, yeah I'd say there are at least a couple

I can definitely think of some TRF hipsters from years back. Modern TRFers...hmm...I don't know what some look like but by "sound"/what some write, yeah I'd say there are at least a couple

Isn't Ken Jennings a hipster?

Isn't Ken Jennings a hipster?

fork.jpg