Neil done touring, not recording. Geddy says

Segue Myles

Geddy just confirmed that Peart has retired from touring, not recording, and that what he said was taken out of context.

He also says it is not at all surprising.

Fraroc and the Butthurt's (ooh...new band name!) can all move along now.

Exclusive: Rush mainman says drummer was merely confirming his position on touring

Rush mainman Geddy Lee has moved to squash rumours that drummer Neil Peart had announced his retirement.

Peart gave an interview to Drumhead magazine in which he's quoted as saying he's happy to accept the description of himself as a "retired drummer," but Lee says his bandmate was merely confirming that he could no longer commit to lengthy tours.

Lee tells Prog: “There’s really nothing to say. I think Neil is just explaining his reasons for not wanting to tour, with the toll that it’s taking on his body. That’s all I would care to comment on it.

"We’ll get together eventually and chat about things. But in my view, there is certainly nothing surprising in what he said. Neil just feels that he has to explain with all the thousands of people asking, ‘Why no more tours?’ He needs to explain his side of it.”

Asked whether he feels Peart's quote was taken out of context, Lee adds: “I think that’s absolutely right. That’s their job. Talking about something when there’s nothing to talk about.”

Fans are clamouring for confirmation on whether Rush will continue to record and perform live. Peart previously said he wanted to spend more time with his family, while guitarist Alex Lifeson said he was largely over hishealth issues and wants to continue playing with the band.

Rush released live DVD, Blu-ray and CD package R40 last week.

http://prog.teamrock...rement-rumours

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Lies!!!!!

:)

Geddy is actually putting in a kind front to he would be the last person on earth suspected of Pearts murder.

Smart move Geddy!

• Like 1

Who doesn't believe a few years from now that a new album and five days inVegas is not likely???

It's nearly four years since CA...a few more will make it almost a decade...COME ON RUSH HURRY UP!

I wonder where Ged will bury the body?

Alex's garden, obviously!

No one will suspect Geddy...no one...

:ph34r:

• Like 1

this is much better from the last few days when the possibility of Rush being no more was very real. just the prospect of new material at this stage of their career MORE than enough for me. phew, glad that's over, at one point the end of this great band seemed to have arrived. happy days.
  • Like 1

Blame the crime on Alex's gardener!

Brilliant once again!! :codger:

Huehuehue...

We need to write a screenplay Lorraine!

• Like 1

this is much better from the last few days when the possibility of Rush being no more was very real. just the prospect of new material at this stage of their career MORE than enough for me. phew, glad that's over, at one point the end of this great band seemed to have arrived. happy days.

Another suspect that no one will suspect...

Keep being friendly! Huehuehue

Huehuehue...

It would make a good cover for our covert operations.

Oooooooh...

...I smell an Oscar

• Like 1

Huehuehue...

Oooooooh...

...I smell an Oscar

Finally!!! :wub:

We'll make Mick our public relations man. Sure to win us lots of opprobrium love, :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Huehuehue...

Oooooooh...

...I smell an Oscar

Finally!!! :wub:

We'll make Mick our public relations man. Sure to win us lots of opprobrium love, :)

We need to make sure the screenplay includes some of his own teenage love shenanigans. We should incorporate them into Geddy's back story and lace in Peart somehow...

Mmmm...

• Like 1

Really, I just can't be bothered to overanalyze the whole situation. Circumstances change, people change. We all, inclusive of Neil, Geddy, and Alex, thought Rush was done after the events of 1998. But we got another 15 years.

These guys have given their all to their fanbase. 100% every show, every night. But they're in their 60s, for chrissakes.

If one or more of them wants to call it a day - they have f***ing earned it!

Too many assumptions. These three have always respected and supported one another, but that doesn't mean they're not individuals. IMO, they're handling everything with class and dignity, as they always have. No petty infighting or squabbling as happens with other acts.

• Like 3

Really, I just can't be bothered to overanalyze the whole situation. Circumstances change, people change. We all, inclusive of Neil, Geddy, and Alex, thought Rush was done after the events of 1998. But we got another 15 years.

These guys have given their all to their fanbase. 100% every show, every night. But they're in their 60s, for chrissakes.

If one or more of them wants to call it a day - they have f***ing earned it!

Too many assumptions. These three have always respected and supported one another, but that doesn't mean they're not individuals. IMO, they're handling everything with class and dignity, as they always have. No petty infighting or squabbling as happens with other acts.

They're all probably enjoying kicking back. Probably don't won't get itchy until next spring.

What instrument does he plan on playing during the recording?

The pan flute. He's Zamfir's successor.