Geddy Lee on the BBC News

pxr5

I don't care what this entire forum thinks of me, this sort of VERY cautious optimisim from Geddy, as if he's banking on Neil changing his mind, is more than enough reason to be annoyed with how Neil ended things.

I understand.

So what will you do now that the world has ended and the dead have risen to eat living flesh?

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/images/news/201310/n_56278_1.jpg

Fire up a doobie and put on Caress of Steel, of course.

No. Fire up a doob and put on A Passage to Bangkok. :smoke:

One man's Apocalypse is another man's Zion.

Clockwork Zombies: A concept album about a naive young lad that travels across a futuristic, yet antiquated, landscape eluding hordes of anarchist zombies.

What exactly do anarchist zombies do? NOT eat human flesh? That's good! ;)

Vegan Zombies! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Clockwork Zombies: A concept album about a naive young lad that travels across a futuristic, yet antiquated, landscape eluding hordes of anarchist zombies.

What exactly do anarchist zombies do? NOT eat human flesh? That's good! ;)

Vegan Zombies! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just remembered, there was a vegan zombie in this piece of crap remake!!!

http://www.crankycritic.com/archive08/posters/day_of_the_dead_v2.jpg

I don't care what this entire forum thinks of me, this sort of VERY cautious optimisim from Geddy, as if he's banking on Neil changing his mind, is more than enough reason to be annoyed with how Neil ended things.

Fraroc fraroc fraroc...

Do you think Neil should be forced to keep playing until Geddy and Alex are done with him? You seem to have this idea that Neil MUST carry on or he's being selfish. How is it selfish to want to retire after 40 years with the band and a family at home? If you ask me, it's people with your idea who are being selfish. People retire, it happens. It's not selfish when they do it, it's just that people can't go on forever. It's a fact. Neil is old, playing is physically straining for him. He's got a daughter and wife now. Let the man be with his family in peace.

• Like 2

Fraroc fraroc fraroc...

Do you think Neil should be forced to keep playing until Geddy and Alex are done with him? You seem to have this idea that Neil MUST carry on or he's being selfish. How is it selfish to want to retire after 40 years with the band and a family at home? If you ask me, it's people with your idea who are being selfish. People retire, it happens. It's not selfish when they do it, it's just that people can't go on forever. It's a fact. Neil is old, playing is physically straining for him. He's got a daughter and wife now. Let the man be with his family in peace.

What do you think is the better way objectively to end things?

1. Be upfront, tell the truth that this is going to be your last tour and that you want to retire afterwards

2. Say almost nothing, but imply it's over, keep everybody hanging and then as a passing comment say "Oh yeah, I'm retired now."

Fraroc fraroc fraroc...

1. Be upfront, tell the truth that this is going to be your last tour and that you want to retire afterwards

2. Say almost nothing, but imply it's over, keep everybody hanging and then as a passing comment say "Oh yeah, I'm retired now."

I'd hate to see the state of you after a partner breaks up with you.

Whether it's retirement or a breakup, being truthful and honest is always the best policy, no matter what.

Being respectful, tactful, considerate, thoughtful and polite work wonders with honesty Fray Fray!

Try it sometime...

• Like 1

Fraroc fraroc fraroc...

^^This is called "backtracking"

Fraroc fraroc fraroc...

Have you considered that maybe he wasn't sure if he wanted to retire yet? Sometimes these things take thought, and if that was the case he couldn't have just up front said "I'm retiring". And anyway, he doesn't owe you or any of us an official release. It's his life. Let him live it how he wants.

• Like 2