Talented Punk Bands

Mr. Not

Several good songs aside, I think Green Day is a hack band. Punk? Ask John Lydon...

Several good songs aside, I think Green Day is a hack band. Punk? Ask John Lydon...

Green Day has always struck me as the misbegotten love child of the Buzzcocks (great) and the Goo Goo Dolls (melodramatic chick band, no offense intended to cool chicks with good taste in music).

Besides my obvious choice of Wire (being a true believer, while admitting that they are not really a proper punk band I suppose, being "post" punk, or "art punk", if quibbling), and the most obvious choice of The Clash, The Stranglers were a "punk" band that became really artistic songwriters.

The Pretenders first album had punk moments. Do the Violent Femmes count as punk?

• Like 2

minutemen could easily outplay dream theater, and they don't have a song longer than 5 minutes

What????

I guess it depends on what you mean by outplay. I seriously doubt that though. Dream Theater have played 3 hour sets not to mention the fact that they are virtuosos and have chops galore.

The Dead Kennedys are not only fuckking talented, they are intellectual and amazing!! FUKK! I'm a Republican and I love this band!!!

I remember reading that Jello ran for the mayor of San Francisco. He had like 12% of the votes. LOL!

East Bay Ray rules. Such an incredible guitar tone.

Surf guitar on mushrooms.

Personally I think the Dead Kennedys deserve their own thread but I'm too tired to start one.

FUCKK IT.

It would die a quick death anyway.

Signed,

"BEDTIME FOR DEMOCRACY"

• Like 2