The Official 2016 Chicago Cubs thread...

laughedatbytime

Stat of the day. Reds relievers have given up one less run so far this year than the entire Cubs staff.

Alfredo Simon has probably given up twice as many runs as the entire Cubs staff this year.

In a move that probably just pissed off every single Pirates fan, Cubs get Coghlan back from the A's for Arismendy Alcantara. Cogs was nice to have last year, and Alcantara was useless to us.

La Stella heading to DL for hamstring, that hurts.

I may be attending a business meeting where Billy Beane is the luncheon speaker. If he takes questions, should I thank him for Addison Russell?
  • Like 1

Well, that was horseshit.

The offense is getting shut down by mediocre pitchers waaaaaaaaaaay too often. Where's the patience of the first 30 games?

In a move that probably just pissed off every single Pirates fan, Cubs get Coghlan back from the A's for Arismendy Alcantara. Cogs was nice to have last year, and Alcantara was useless to us.

La Stella heading to DL for hamstring, that hurts.

Geez, we have only had Kang back for a month. At least we have the no take out slide rule at second now, which I think about more in terms of Kang than Tejada. Sounds like you can use Coghlan though! Now help us fix McCutchen's slump. . . . :(

Tough loss tonight for the Buccos.

They lose Cole after 2 with arm tightness, Cervelli had to leave the game, and they lose in 12 on a pinch hit by Wainwright.

• Like 1

Tough loss tonight for the Buccos.

They lose Cole after 2 with arm tightness, Cervelli had to leave the game, and they lose in 12 on a pinch hit by Wainwright.

Yeah, Bucs were dropping like flies for awhile. I'm glad it was nothing worse with Cole as you never know with pitchers. Can't imagine throwing something 97 mph much less doing it over and over !

Edited by blueschica

Yeah, but even 4-2 against the Braves and Phils is woeful underperformance.

That damned WC game scares the shit out of me. We need to not take the foot off the gas in case the Pirates or Cards get it going.

That damned WC game scares the shit out of me. We need to not take the foot off the gas in case the Pirates or Cards get it going.

Pirates...I'm not counting on it.

Cardinals are still the f***ing Cardinals and they just got Peralta back. They may be a pain the ass soon.

Need to win tomorrow and at least win the series in Washington. Then we have our biggest homestand of the season against BOTH the Pirates and the Cardinals. Huge part of the season coming up.

• Like 1

Cardinals are still the f***ing Cardinals and they just got Peralta back. They may be a pain the ass soon.

Need to win tomorrow and at least win the series in Washington. Then we have our biggest homestand of the season against BOTH the Pirates and the Cardinals. Huge part of the season coming up.

I was kind of unhappy to see Lackey, Hendricks, and Hammel facing the Nationals but it actually worked out well, with Arrieta, Lester, and Lackey facing a hurting Pittsburgh team.

We've got our own Peralta coming in. Do you know who's getting sent out (please let it be Richard!)

I was kind of unhappy to see Lackey, Hendricks, and Hammel facing the Nationals but it actually worked out well, with Arrieta, Lester, and Lackey facing a hurting Pittsburgh team.

We've got our own Peralta coming in. Do you know who's getting sent out (please let it be Richard!)

Who are you referring to as our own Peralta? Soler?

I think Federowicz will get sent down. Maddon probably wants another bullpen arm over having 3 catchers, even if Clayton Richard is playing like total ass. If Almora continues to display that glove of his, it'll probably be even more likely that Federowicz gets sent down.

Having too many outfielders and catchers is a good problem to have, I guess.

I don't mind having Hendricks, Lackey, and Hammel running the mound in Washington. I trust all three of them enough for the offense to provide enough run support.

Only against the Atlanta Braves (or the Twins) could you commit FOUR ERRORS, and still have a blowout win with 13 runs.

Hopefully that shit doesn't happen in Washington, cause they won't be nearly as forgiving.

Who are you referring to as our own Peralta? Soler?

I think Federowicz will get sent down. Maddon probably wants another bullpen arm over having 3 catchers, even if Clayton Richard is playing like total ass. If Almora continues to display that glove of his, it'll probably be even more likely that Federowicz gets sent down.

Having too many outfielders and catchers is a good problem to have, I guess.

I don't mind having Hendricks, Lackey, and Hammel running the mound in Washington. I trust all three of them enough for the offense to provide enough run support.

The guy that used to be with Maddon with the Rays as a reliever, Joel Peralta. More here.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/baseball/iowa-cubs/2016/06/12/joel-peralta-aiming-get-back-big-leagues-cubs/85793402/

Hell of a win. And the Evil Empire goes down so back to a 9.5 game lead.

Clutch hit for Almora, and a good offensive game for Ross.

In barometric news, Arrieta has more OFFENSIVE WAR than Encarnacion from Toronto.

In barometric news, Arrieta has more OFFENSIVE WAR than Encarnacion from Toronto.

Arrieta, Hammel, Bumgarner, Greinke, Wainwright, Syndergaard all proving the DH rule blows.

• Like 1

Arrieta, Hammel, Bumgarner, Greinke, Wainwright, Syndergaard all proving the DH rule blows.

Spellcheck changes sabermetric to barometric...interesting. Who's in charge of that, Joe Morgan?

Heartbreaking loss :(

Both teams continue to play this well we'll see them again in October.

h

Their fans don't deserve a .500 team. If it wasn't for Bob Davidson, the game would have been over in the 9th and they're booing an obvious strike call to Rendon. Just STFU. Half of you were already gone to begin with.

Just watching the Cardinal game. They're having Kolten Wong Hawaiian jersey night giveaway. Didn't they just send him down?