The Official 2016 Chicago Cubs thread...

laughedatbytime

He deserved the shutout!

That home steal was horseshit.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if Lackey comes in on Galvin.

He deserved the shutout!

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if Lackey comes in on Galvin.

If there was a pitcher on our staff who would do something like that, it's John Lackey.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l8HHPrQuj08/UFHoFiGMxWI/AAAAAAAAC4U/CZP4l20VFx0/s1600/john-lackey.gif

• Like 1

He deserved the shutout!

Can you post a link? I would love to see it.

Can't find one at the moment. I didn't see it on TV, I was driving with the game on the radio.

It just made me angry cause it was the top of the 9th inning with 2 outs, Phillies down by 4 runs and the guy stole home plate. They just didn't want him to get the shutout :LOL:

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

He deserved the shutout!

Can't find one at the moment. I didn't see it on TV, I was driving with the game on the radio.

It just made me angry cause it was the top of the 9th inning with 2 outs, Phillies down by 4 runs and the guy stole home plate. They just didn't want him to get the shutout :LOL:

The shift was on so Galvis was halfway down the line. Howard swung at a pitch in the dirt. Montero looked him back (kind of), there was no one at third defensively, and threw to first. Valves, who was maybe 40% of the way home, broke for home and beat Rizzo's throw but not by much. It was a poor percentage play and had no effect on their probability of winning even with success.

• Like 1

He deserved the shutout!

The shift was on so Galvis was halfway down the line. Howard swung at a pitch in the dirt. Montero looked him back (kind of), there was no one at third defensively, and threw to first. Valves, who was maybe 40% of the way home, broke for home and beat Rizzo's throw but not by much. It was a poor percentage play and had no effect on their probability of winning even with success.

Thanks,

I love close calls. So I can make my decision on the play regardless of the sport. :D

Edited by troutman

He deserved the shutout!

Thanks,

I love close calls. So I can make my decision on the play regardless of the sport. I will look for it later on.

I just watched it,

It wasn't that close. Plus the guy said it was more of a sacrifice which I would agree with. Don't let a rally start especially late in the game.

:huh: The guy's run was meaningless, and even an infinitesimal chance of being out was a bad percentage play.

• Like 1

He deserved the shutout!

even though I wanted the shutout, I wouldn't respect any ballplayer who laid down to give some other team an accomplishment. The players respect each other for busting ass, too. It's your job to break up a nono or a shutout.

He deserved the shutout!

even though I wanted the shutout, I wouldn't respect any ballplayer who laid down to give some other team an accomplishment. The players respect each other for busting ass, too. It's your job to break up a nono or a shutout.

It has nothing to do with laying down, or winning for that matter. It wasn't a smart baseball play (though it was fairly low risk.)

Great day. Cubs complete the sweep over the Phillies (sorry lerxt) and both the Pirates and Cardinals lost their games today.

Like x 3

Great day. Cubs complete the sweep over the Phillies (sorry lerxt) and both the Pirates and Cardinals lost their games today.

Like x 3

Even better, we get to avoid Kershaw in the Dodgers series since he pitched today.

• Like 1

Like x 3

Even better, we get to avoid Kershaw in the Dodgers series since he pitched today.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing Jake vs Kershaw, but I guess this is better.

Hammel left after 2 innings...issue with his knee. Hope it's nothing serious.

Did he injure himself on the mound?

Grabbed his leg in pain while throwing warmups before the 3rd inning.

They're saying it's a hamstring cramp, but they'll check it out more later.

• Like 1

Shoulda been a no-no.

You mean not being in the rotation?

The only hit was a ball that dropped between three players (RF, CF, and 2B), all of whom could have caught it fairly easily.

• Like 1

Shoulda been a no-no.

You mean not being in the rotation?

The only hit was a ball that dropped between three players (RF, CF, and 2B), all of whom could have caught it fairly easily.

Thanks,

Wasn't sure of the situation.regarding the game..Is this his first year with the team?

Edited by troutman

S'ok. We know we're going to lose to a team like yours and we need someone who can skull-f-ck the Mets. :)