The Official 2016 Chicago Cubs thread...

laughedatbytime

I love Heyward's defense. But there's no one I'd rather see less at the plate in a crucial situation.

He's starting to heat up at the plate. Historically he's been pretty poor in the first couple months.

But yeah, I don't trust him to get the clutch run.

Adding injury to insult, Fowler on the DL with hamstring. Jesus that's three hamstrings on the DL now. Need La Stella and Soler back ASAP then they might be forced to DFA Richard.

Adding injury to insult, Fowler on the DL with hamstring. Jesus that's three hamstrings on the DL now. Need La Stella and Soler back ASAP then they might be forced to DFA Richard.

They'd be better off with 24. The only use for the guy is to throw at the heads of Cardinal hitters, but we shouldn't stoop to their level.

They'd be better off with 24. The only use for the guy is to throw at the heads of Cardinal hitters, but we shouldn't stoop to their level.

VEUMBXw.jpg

• Like 1

Seriously this guy is what Brian Schlitter was to us last year.

Richard's worse. Maybe Richard could PH for the Phils. He's a better hitter than pitcher right now.

Seriously this guy is what Brian Schlitter was to us last year.

Richard's worse. Maybe Richard could PH for the Phils. He's a better hitter than pitcher right now.

Then again, Hector Rondon's a better hitter than Richard is a pitcher right now.

If they let Richard pitch to him in the HR Derby, Lester could win the thing.
  • Like 1

Huge move day for the bullpen.

Richard sent to DL for a blister, and I hope that's the last time we ever see him again.

Warren sent down to Iowa. Probably for the best. He's been a little shaky.

RHP Spencer Patton and LHP Gerardo Concepcion called up from Iowa.

Huge move day for the bullpen.

Richard sent to DL for a blister, and I hope that's the last time we ever see him again.

Warren sent down to Iowa. Probably for the best. He's been a little shaky.

RHP Spencer Patton and LHP Gerardo Concepcion called up from Iowa.

I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!

Should I save myself from destroying the rest of my evening watching this shit?

Starts his major league season out with a K. Nice!

Apparently they sent Warren down to Iowa so he can get some starts in, to prepare for the Major League team switching to a 6 man rotation.

Interesting. Arrieta got dead arm once the NLDS rolled around and Lester was the only one who pitched decently from then on. Extra rest can't really hurt, I guess.

Edited by BowlCity

Starts his major league season out with a K. Nice!

Apparently they sent Warren down to Iowa so he can get some starts in, to prepare for the Major League team switching to a 6 man rotation.

Interesting. Arrieta got dead arm once the NLDS rolled around and Lester was the only one who pitched decently from then on. Extra rest can't really hurt, I guess.

I completely agree, especially with a 24 day stretch with no off days coming up. It's nice to root for a team with competent management.

I hung with the game, but got behind when I took a call from my 86 year old mom who has some scumbag tech people trying to scam her. How do these "people" sleep?

Heartbreaking series loss. So close. Damn Cardinals.

The last team we needed to lose to. Let's just not get swept.

At least we're still up a crap ton of games...

I just hope that now that the hitters have seen Jake naked all of the mystery and deception is over...

Oh, and f**k the Cardinals.

32-6 in games decided by more than 2 runs

15-16 in games decided by 1 or 2 runs

Ugggh.

And once again, f**k the f***ing Cardinals.

Edited by laughedatbytime