Ben Mink vs. Jonathan Dinklage

DirtyMidnighter

I vote for Ben.

I met Ben on the Time Machine Tour in Vancouver back in June 2011.

I've been a fan of all of his musical output after that encounter that I checked out.

I got to meet Geddy and Alex this year as well and bumped into Ben again and had a brief chat with him which was great.

Ben did 'Losing It' with the guys in Vancouver which was excellent to see live.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

You'll be hard-pressed to find any objectivity about this here, simply based on who played it on the album.

Not exactly. The votes seemed to be pretty split.

• Like 1

I got to see both of them do it in person. I thought Jonathan did a slightly better job of it, but it didn't have the same impact as seeing Ben do it (But maybe that's because when I saw Ben do it, it was the first performance of it in Toronto).
  • Like 1

Ben for me. I think his tone was closer to the album.

And I think he played it better.

:goodone: Ben's tone was spot on. It could be because I had much better seats at the Vancouver show (on the floor, row 12) than I did at the LA show (waaaaaaaaaay up in the nosebleeds), but I thought Ben did such an incredible job of replicating his original performance. The Dink did a great job, but it didn't quite have the same feel.

You'll be hard-pressed to find any objectivity about this here, simply based on who played it on the album.

Not exactly. The votes seemed to be pretty split.

Moon, this has been debated before.

They are both great but I'm old school.

BEN

That's what I said in my first post.

I think musicians know Ben did it better. Johnny 'performed' it better. He had way more energy. But the magic of Ben's tone and precisional playing suits Rush to a "T". Ben was phenomenal.

I agree. Watching Ben do the song I couldn't help but wonder when the last time was that he played it. Yes, I realized he must have practiced a bit, but how much I wonder? Yet he performed the song with ease and no evident strain. Didn't even seem to have to concentrate that much. He's a veteran and a true professional.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Now that R40 is out and we can listen to both performances clearly...

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0001.gif