Romo vs Brady, who's better?

laughedatbytime

who's better?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better, Romo or Brady?

• Tony Romo
    • System guy Tom Brady

I understand why people don't like him (and the Patriots). I really do. What I don't understand is the constant need to suggest that he doesn't deserve respect as a great player, period. Growing up I hated Magic Johnson, and Ron Guidry, and Guy LaFleur, and Dan Marino. But I didn't feel the need to convince people they weren't talented. I just didn't like them. These ideas that Brady is only successful because he plays in a system run by 3 or 4 different OCs, or that he somehow only benefited from "spygate" or "deflategate" or whatever "gate" now has his team sitting at 10-0, seem like desperate attempts to explain why he, alone, has been successful since basically the turn of the century (excepting 2008 when he got hurt in the first game). What other team has been in the hunt for the Super Bowl nearly every season this century? Who is the only person on the SB 36 team that played in last year's SB?

Some people here on this thread are old, and their lives are just gaping holes of misery.

Are you referring to yourself?

Oh heavens no. I have a throbbing zest for life. I have no desire to guzzle the juice of bitterness. Who'd want to be remembered as a whiny old prick?

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 3

I understand why people don't like him (and the Patriots). I really do. What I don't understand is the constant need to suggest that he doesn't deserve respect as a great player, period. Growing up I hated Magic Johnson, and Ron Guidry, and Guy LaFleur, and Dan Marino. But I didn't feel the need to convince people they weren't talented. I just didn't like them. These ideas that Brady is only successful because he plays in a system run by 3 or 4 different OCs, or that he somehow only benefited from "spygate" or "deflategate" or whatever "gate" now has his team sitting at 10-0, seem like desperate attempts to explain why he, alone, has been successful since basically the turn of the century (excepting 2008 when he got hurt in the first game). What other team has been in the hunt for the Super Bowl nearly every season this century? Who is the only person on the SB 36 team that played in last year's SB?

Some people here on this thread are old, and their lives are just gaping holes of misery.

Hey,

I am old. :codger: I resent that!! :madra: :LOL:

Oh heavens no. I have a throbbing zest for life. I have no desire to guzzle the juice of bitterness. Who'd want to be remembered as a whiny old prick?

I am very old. And I feel even older. I am no fan of the Patriots. In fact I hate them and their coach. But the fact is Brady is a superb QB, period. He has played well season after season. Romo is a product of marketing from the nauseatingly self promoting Cowboys. Over the long haul, in the end, he's good, not great. Period. You can spin that any way you want. And another thing, Brady is not a loudmouth. Hes not a douchebag. And that makes him liked. Romo is none of those things, I just mean that overall, hes one of those guys that just gets the job done. I saw Cam Newton score a TD on Thanksgiving, and he did a whole 3 act play in the endzone like a child. I hate that. Not because Im old, but because its not manly. We dont need you to dance around like you have a vagina and perform like some girl hip hop act after a touchdown and pretend youre superman or whatever. Act like a man, celebrate a little, and then shut the f-ck up and go to the sideline.

Rant over.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 3

Brady: stays healthy and has more significant wins. Belichick would be nothing without him.

More like the other way around.

Brady: stays healthy and has more significant wins. Belichick would be nothing without him.

Belichick WAS nothing before Brady. He was 36-44 in 5 seasons with the Browns, and 5-11 his first season in New England. They were 0-2 in 2001 when Bledsoe was injured and Brady took over.

It's been a very mutually beneficial relationship.

• Like 1

Belichick WAS nothing before Brady. He was 36-44 in 5 seasons with the Browns, and 5-11 his first season in New England. They were 0-2 in 2001 when Bledsoe was injured and Brady took over.

Bledsoe must not have been bright enough to take advantage of all of Belichick's extra help...

Bledsoe must not have been bright enough to take advantage of all of Belichick's extra help...

No Bledso was an average QB, never going to the HOF by anyone's measure. Brady is special no matter the psi of the football.

• Like 1

No Bledso was an average QB, never going to the HOF by anyone's measure. Brady is special no matter the psi of the football.

Well, he did win two AFC Championship Games.

Well, he did win two AFC Championship Games.

I've come to a possible conclusion you must love green lemons. If given a small amount of time Brady appears to get the job done a high percentage of the time. Today's game may show how good of a qb he is or not......most of his weapons to throw to are not playing except Gronk. We shall see.

^^^ A 14-year body of work behind him and you STILL need today's game to make a decision????

I know differently....I'm trying my best to sympathize to labt constant point of bashing anything related to the Patriots. He/she should've been around in the 70's those Patriots would've made his/her day,

I am very old. And I feel even older. I am no fan of the Patriots. In fact I hate them and their coach. But the fact is Brady is a superb QB, period. He has played well season after season. Romo is a product of marketing from the nauseatingly self promoting Cowboys. Over the long haul, in the end, he's good, not great. Period. You can spin that any way you want. And another thing, Brady is not a loudmouth. Hes not a douchebag. And that makes him liked. Romo is none of those things, I just mean that overall, hes one of those guys that just gets the job done. I saw Cam Newton score a TD on Thanksgiving, and he did a whole 3 act play in the endzone like a child. I hate that. Not because Im old, but because its not manly. We dont need you to dance around like you have a vagina and perform like some girl hip hop act after a touchdown and pretend youre superman or whatever. Act like a man, celebrate a little, and then shut the f-ck up and go to the sideline.

Rant over.

He could do without the dance but you know what keep him out of the end zone. That dance or whatever it is he does won't happen if he is kept from scoring. I must say I never payed attention to how big that guy is and worse unlike Brady he's hard to bring down. People just seem to bounce off him, ha ha maybe he is Superman.

• Like 1

^^^ A 14-year body of work behind him and you STILL need today's game to make a decision????

I know differently....I'm trying my best to sympathize to labt constant point of bashing anything related to the Patriots. He/she should've been around in the 70's those Patriots would've made his/her day,

Oh ok. I've had the miserable old t**t on ignore for weeks. On CP he'd be relegated to the troll brigade.

It's all good. My Giants are gonna turn it around, and Eli will hoist his 3rd trophy over Brady!

Rant over.

:goodone:

oh I remember the 70s Patriots. Those teams had integrity, and they did have some talent. Sugar Bear Hamilton should never have been called for that hit on Stabler.

Rant over.

He could do without the dance but you know what keep him out of the end zone. That dance or whatever it is he does won't happen if he is kept from scoring. I must say I never payed attention to how big that guy is and worse unlike Brady he's hard to bring down. People just seem to bounce off him, ha ha maybe he is Superman.

He's an infantile showboat. Please dont call me racist. :)

• Like 1

oh I remember the 70s Patriots. Those teams had integrity, and they did have some talent. Sugar Bear Hamilton should never have been called for that hit on Stabler.

Ah the Patriots and Saints of the 70's and 80's back when the NFL had order, proper dynasties to embrace. Not this chaos we have today.

BS!!

He hit him in the head.

Rant over.

Race has nothing to do with it....that said IF Brady had rhythm and could dance I'm pretty sure he'd do the same. He dances like a stiff...btw you are far from being anything racist. :)

Rant over.

Race has nothing to do with it....that said IF Brady had rhythm and could dance I'm pretty sure he'd do the same. He dances like a stiff...btw you are far from being anything racist. :)

I know, it was a joke, :) Lol, the thought of Brady dancing is hilarious.

Rant over.

That's because the Deflategate hearings were closed to the public. He must have been a pretty good dancer there.

Rant over.

That's because the Deflategate hearings were closed to the public. He must have been a pretty good dancer there.

The transcript is available though.

Rant over.

The transcript is available though.

Misogynist!

• Like 2