Official NBA Thread

goose

Posted (edited)

Two GREAT games so far today.  Knicks-Sixers was a 48-minute war, back and forth all game.  And now, after a first half that saw the Mavs down as much as 31 pts in the first half (which I slept through :tongue:), we have Dallas up 105-104 with 2:10 to go!:popcorn:

ETA: Oft maligned James Harden has been clutch offensively for LAC in the 4th quarter.

Edited by goose

Nuggets hold on to win with a clutch final shot by Murray.  Denver advances 4-1 over LA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Nuggets hold on to win with a clutch final shot by Murray.  Denver advances 4-1 over LA

Quite a few people erroneously believe Bron bron is the GOAT. This series proved, once again, that he isn't. Plus, Anthony Davis scored 30.5 points per game and had 15.8 rebounds per game. LeBron bron wasn't even the best player on the team for this series and couldn't get it done. 

Edited by BastillePark

On 4/29/2024 at 9:29 PM, BastillePark said:

Quite a few people erroneously believe Bron bron is the GOAT. This series proved, once again, that he isn't. Plus, Anthony Davis scored 30.5 points per game and had 15.8 rebounds per game. LeBron bron wasn't even the best player on the team for this series and couldn't get it done. 

Well, at this point he is the oldest player in the league and is still competing,  so I give him props for that.  And the 4-1 game total doesnt represent how close some of these games were.  Hand it to Denver, they beat a good team and an all-time great.

15 hours ago, goose said:

Well, at this point he is the oldest player in the league and is still competing,  so I give him props for that.  And the 4-1 game total doesnt represent how close some of these games were.  Hand it to Denver, they beat a good team and an all-time great.

I think Jordan is the GOAT but Lebron has lived up to his hype.  

• Like 1

Celtics are moving on.     .Derrick White leads another Celtics blowout to clinch Heat series 4-1 ♥

After ending the Miami Heat's season with a 118-84 victory in Game 5 at TD Garden on Wednesday night, the Boston Celtics are on to the second round where they'll face the winner of the first round series between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Orlando Magic.

• Like 2

Man, Knicks-Sixers game 5 is another great one so far.  Sixers getting the better of things in the 3rd quarter as NY has had six turnovers in the period.  77-70 Philly with a quarter to play yet.

^^^ I was feeling lazy and didn't add that there were 3 min left in Q3.  Sure enough, NY went on a run and tied it to end the quarter.  

:popcorn: Q4 here we go!

At 5:40, NY's Brunson hits a deep three and blows a kiss to the Philly crowd as the Knicks go up 101-95.

The most anticipated professional basketball debut in ages is set to take place in a few minutes in a pre-season matchup.  Where can you watch Caitlin Clark play her first pro game?  WNBA Season Pass.  :blink:

Why are WNBA players paid so little?  This is why.

Meanwhile in the WNBA, Caitlin Clark :notworthy:  did not disappoint in her debut, putting up 21 points, 2 assists and 2 steals.  And now Diana Taurasi - who mocked Clark's college success and hype by saying that it's one thing to score on 18yo kids and another to score on grown women - is getting roasted on the interweb:

https://athlonsports.com/wnba/diana-taurasi-is-trending-after-caitlin-clarks-debut-performance

• Like 1

NY wins game 2!  Brunson showing he's much more than just one of 1984's most popular baby names.

Dipshit Griner the latest WNBA player to throw shade on Caitlin Clark.  How dense do you have to be to not recognize that Clark's entry to the league is a pivotal moment that will benefit every player in the league?   Why do anything to lessen the hype that will allow EVERYONE to cash in?

With hockey being a 4-0 game, I switched over to NY-Indiana and once again it's a helluva game.  99-99 with 5 min to go.  NY had a decent lead, but the Pacers have battled back.  Knicks' DiVicenzo has been on fire, scoring 35+ so far.  And now both defenses are playing tough.  Another Knicks playoff game coning down to the wire...  :popcorn:

Inside a minute and down three, Brunson hits a clutch stepback 3pointer to tie it at 106, only to have Indiana's Nembhard sink a 3 from Caitlin Clark territory as the Pacer shot clock expires!  Pacers go on to win 111-106 in a fantastic game.  :notworthy: to both teams

On 5/10/2024 at 8:42 PM, goose said:

Inside a minute and down three, Brunson hits a clutch stepback 3pointer to tie it at 106, only to have Indiana's Nembhard sink a 3 from Caitlin Clark territory as the Pacer shot clock expires!  Pacers go on to win 111-106 in a fantastic game.  :notworthy: to both teams

The level of sacrifice here, man. :cheers: You watch the NBA playoffs so I don't have to!

• Haha 1

Watching Caitlyn Clark's ESPN debut and she was held to 7 pts in the first half.  Refs are letting Caitlyn get banged around by the defense, with no calls, then calling her for travelling that no one would call in the NBA.    Are these WNBA  people just averse to wealth or  fully dedicated to witchy  pettiness?  :biggrin:

So, in WNBA action the Indiana Fever ended up getting blown out, and despite finishing with 20 pts, Clark had 10 turnovers.  A lot of those were a function of her team's general lack of talent and the level of physicality allowed by the officials.  Clark should have had more assists, but her post players simply could not finish (Learn the hook shot, ladies).

I'm genuinely interested in how the WNBA in general will respond to the unique business opportunity the Clark phenomenon is presenting.  So far, I'm not impressed.

1 hour ago, goose said:

I'm genuinely interested in how the WNBA in general will respond to the unique business opportunity the Clark phenomenon is presenting.  So far, I'm not impressed.

Well, they've sold a lot of replica jerseys . . . .

• Like 1