The Counterparts Appreciation Thread (or moan fest thread)

Segue Myles

Just trying to point out the double standard on here.

What double standard?

It started in a thread in another section. Some got highly offended that their song was bashed. Then we got a few sermons on how we ought to respect the opinions and music taste of others.

Once again, who on this thread is getting nasty about anyone's opinion? Why do you keep posting this in all my threads? If it isn't directed at me, then I am lost.

If it is, I don't get it and don't have too.

Some of those "sermons" were written trying to speak up for you.

After AnEggPlant got bashed to smithereens over absolutely nothing the other week, and now this message, I give up. Had nothing but ice cold vibes ever since from you and another member since, and I am extremely disappointed.

And now the time has come to close another "sermon".

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 4

Anyway, not wanting to argue any more, I will state that I like Speed Of Love, but I would cut it from the album as the eight songs I enjoy sound better together without it.
  • Like 3

Anyway, not wanting to argue any more, I will state that I like Speed Of Love, but I would cut it from the album as the eight songs I enjoy sound better together without it.

That's exactly how I feel. I like the song. But I don't think it's among the strongest of them, when one looks at the other material that's there.

• Like 2

That's exactly how I feel. I like the song. But I don't think it's among the strongest of them, when one looks at the other material that's there.

Also, it feels like a song that could have been given to another artist. Sometimes a song is written and it just doesn't fit...someone else might have done wonders with this! Like Patti Smith when she asked to finish off Springsteen's Because The Night.

The song is OK, someone might have adjusted the lyrics a little and made a corker!

• Like 1

Also, it feels like a song that could have been given to another artist. Sometimes a song is written and it just doesn't fit...someone else might have done wonders with this! Like Patti Smith when she asked to finish off Springsteen's Because The Night.

The song is OK, someone might have adjusted the lyrics a little and made a corker!

I love Patti Smith!

• Like 1

I love Patti Smith!

I do as well! And she worked wonders on a song that is "only" very good in Springsteen's hands. Her version is delicious!

I discovered her through Bruce.

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe. Who knows? But all we have of S.O.L. is what's on Counterparts so there's no way to ever ever know how it'd be otherwise. And what's on there isn't something I care about or care to have duplicated. It doesn't matter though since there's a lot more on that album that I like than dislike.

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe. Who knows? But all we have of S.O.L. is what's on Counterparts so there's no way to ever ever know how it'd be otherwise. And what's on there isn't something I care about or care to have duplicated. It doesn't matter though since there's a lot more on that album that I like than dislike.

I love the bridge on Speed Of Love:

We don't have to talk

We don't even have to touch

I can feel your presence

In the silence that we share

• Like 1

I love the bridge on Speed Of Love:

We don't have to talk

We don't even have to touch

I can feel your presence

In the silence that we share

Yep- that's the best part of the song, I think, lyrically and musically...from there until Neil starts firing those multiple snare shots and rolls, until they go back into the refrain passage.

• Like 1

I love Patti Smith!

I do as well! And she worked wonders on a song that is "only" very good in Springsteen's hands. Her version is delicious!

Her classic works (Horses, Easter, Radio Ethiopia and to a lesser extent, Wave) are one thing...and then the albums she put out starting in the mid-1990s (Gone Again, Peace and Noise, etc) are exceptionally good as well.

I discovered her through my sister. :)

• Like 1

I love Patti Smith!

Her classic works (Horses, Easter, Radio Ethiopia and to a lesser extent, Wave) are one thing...and then the albums she put out starting in the mid-1990s (Gone Again, Peace and Noise, etc) are exceptionally good as well.

I haven't listened to her in ages!

I love Patti Smith!

If you haven't read her memoir that was just published a few years ago, called Just Kids- I highly recommend it.

I :heart: this thread hi-jack!

• Like 1

I love Patti Smith!

If you haven't read her memoir that was just published a few years ago, called Just Kids- I highly recommend it.

At least it's not petty haha!

And yes! Patti Smith, as well as Boz Scaggs, are two artists I must brush up on ASAP!

• Like 2

I love Patti Smith!

And yes! Patti Smith, as well as Boz Scaggs, are two artists I must brush up on ASAP!

i've pushing you to Boz forever, lol. you would LOVE silk Degrees.

Mick

• Like 1

I love Patti Smith!

Mick

Yeah it's like Toto with a more ballsy singer. Songs like Lido and Lowdown part of my childhood.

• Like 1

I love Patti Smith!

Mick

Yeah it's like Toto with a more ballsy singer. Songs like Lido and Lowdown part of my childhood.

yea it is a Toto album.....as they started with Boz.

Mick

I love Patti Smith!

Mick

I really like Silk Degrees! Just never been bothered to go any further beyond that haha

• Like 1

Segue........go for middle Man next then.

Mick

I played Silk Degrees ages ago and really liked it. No complaints.

Now?

IT SUCKS!

Joking tee hee

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

• Like 1

Mick

Now?

IT SUCKS!

Joking tee hee

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Dude i nearly broke my monitor, lol. i was gonna say how can you possibly love Toto and hate Silk Degrees, lol. It practically IS Toto. Classic 70's album.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Now?

IT SUCKS!

Joking tee hee

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Dude i nearly broke my monitor, lol. i was gonna say how can you possibly love Toto and hate Silk Degrees, lol. It practically IS Toto. Classic 70's album.

Mick

CALM DOWN FAM!

Lol its not like I was talking about Tom Waits (for a good musical idea to finally hit him).

JOKING DUDE CHILL

• Like 1

Mick

Now?

IT SUCKS!

Joking tee hee

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Mick

CALM DOWN FAM!

Lol its not like I was talking about Tom Waits (for a good musical idea to finally hit him).

JOKING DUDE CHILL

OVER THE LINE.

Heh

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 2

Mick

Now?

IT SUCKS!

Joking tee hee

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Mick

CALM DOWN FAM!

JOKING DUDE CHILL

OVER THE LINE.

Heh

Over the line...isn't that Brewer and Shipley? :eh:

Heh heh heh...