In the long run....

fraroc

Despite being upset at not being able to see them multiple times if they're done, I AM happy I discovered this band.

Today, I was pondering the fact that The Pass saved my life and how I probably wouldn't be here today if I hadn't listened to Neil's lyrics in that particular song....I then thought about other rush songs that effected my life, Nobody's Hero, Middletown Dreams, Kid Gloves, Subdivisions...I'm glad I know those songs, Im glad I'm able to cherish more songs that affect me and in addition to that...I'm glad I am a Rush fan.

• Like 8

Despite being upset at not being able to see them multiple times if they're done, I AM happy I discovered this band.

Today, I was pondering the fact that The Pass saved my life and how I probably wouldn't be here today if I hadn't listened to Neil's lyrics in that particular song....I then thought about other rush songs that effected my life, Nobody's Hero, Middletown Dreams, Kid Gloves, Subdivisions...I'm glad I know those songs, Im glad I'm able to cherish more songs that affect me and in addition to that...I'm glad I am a Rush fan.

Ok, so you've turned around and walked the razor's edge...now what? A JOB perchance? Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Ok, so you've turned around and walked the razor's edge...now what? A JOB perchance?

• Like 1

There's many, many, many fans out there who can tell stories about how a certain Rush song came to them at the right time in their life... and how those songs have special meaning every time they are heard. That's the benefit of a band that goes beyond the topics of beer and boobs. Lots of folks, Rush haters and even some Rush fans, knock Neil for his lyrics being too forced, too preachy, too whatever. But that's because the lyrics are atypical. The (m)asses like their typical.

There's many, many, many fans out there who can tell stories about how a certain Rush song came to them at the right time in their life... and how those songs have special meaning every time they are heard. That's the benefit of a band that goes beyond the topics of beer and boobs. Lots of folks, Rush haters and even some Rush fans, knock Neil for his lyrics being too forced, too preachy, too whatever. But that's because the lyrics are atypical. The (m)asses like their typical.

At least Neil's lyrics make sense and tell a story unlike SOME prog rock bands (COUGH COUGH COUGH)yes(COUGH COUGH)

But to be fair, his voice is used more as a musical instrument.

Ok, so you've turned around and walked the razor's edge...now what? A JOB perchance?

Don't have to be a dick

• Like 1

Don't have to be a dick

I don't agree actually, he's just giving me a well intentioned poke in the ribs.

At least Neil's lyrics make sense and tell a story unlike SOME prog rock bands (COUGH COUGH COUGH)yes(COUGH COUGH)

Ohoh, insulting Yes? Segue will definetly not like this comment :D

Ohoh, insulting Yes? Segue will definetly not like this comment :D

He'll hate me for a while, then all the sudden we're friends again, then hate me again, then be my friend again and It'll go on and on for the rest of recorded history.