Scars

Indica

I heard "Scars" the other day and the drums on that one is so awesome. Does anyone remember when they played it on the Presto tour? That was a TREAT!!! I remember all the crazy drums Neil did live, man, that was one of the coolest live Rush songs I've seen out of 20 Rush shows I've seen. It sounds like 2-3 drummers at once!!!

I rarely hear anyone ever mention this song, maybe because it was on Presto and it seems a lot of people don't seem to like that one as much as others.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 26 2005, 02:20 AM)
I heard "Scars" the other day and the drums on that one is so awesome. Does anyone remember when they played it on the Presto tour? That was a TREAT!!! I remember all the crazy drums Neil did live, man, that was one of the coolest live Rush songs I've seen out of 20 Rush shows I've seen. It sounds like 2-3 drummers at once!!!

I rarely hear anyone ever mention this song, maybe because it was on Presto and it seems a lot of people don't seem to like that one as much as others.

Very cool song. And yes, they did play it that tour. I also like how they used it in the RIR Brazil doc.

Presto is one of my all time favs. Scars is a great song and the drums are awesome. Neil did a lot of nifty syncopated riffs in the 80s and this is one of them. Never been a big fan of the "hygenic" sound of the Presto album though. Too refined and mixed strangely. Is there a remastered version out there???

Is it worth picking up?

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Aug 26 2005, 08:46 AM)
Is there a remastered version out there???

Is it worth picking up?

Yes and yes, IMO.

And if you like the song, listen to Neil's solos since Presto. He has incorporated a lot of Scars into them. You're never truly without the song.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember when they played it on the Presto tour? That was a TREAT!!! I remember all the crazy drums Neil did live, man, that was one of the coolest live Rush songs I've seen out of 20 Rush shows I've seen. It sounds like 2-3 drummers at once!!!

Indy, remember on the Presto Tour that when they played this song, there was a "netting" or something like that draping the whole stage. The lighting effects looked pretty cool going through it.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Aug 26 2005, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Aug 26 2005, 10:40 AM)
Great song but i'm not big on the lyrics  biggrin.gif

Was that sarcastic?

The lyrics are great.

I love "I've stood upon my mountian top and shouted at the sky."

Dude, look at my sig. wink.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Aug 26 2005, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Aug 26 2005, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Aug 26 2005, 10:40 AM)
Great song but i'm not big on the lyrics  biggrin.gif

Was that sarcastic?

The lyrics are great.

I love "I've stood upon my mountian top and shouted at the sky."

Dude, look at my sig. wink.gif

ohmy.gif

doh.gif

rofl3.gif

Sorry about that!

Having an off day.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 26 2005, 10:28 AM)
Does anyone remember when they played it on the Presto tour? That was a TREAT!!! I remember all the crazy drums Neil did live, man, that was one of the coolest live Rush songs I've seen out of 20 Rush shows I've seen. It sounds like 2-3 drummers at once!!!

Indy, remember on the Presto Tour that when they played this song, there was a "netting" or something like that draping the whole stage. The lighting effects looked pretty cool going through it.

Hmmm now that you said that I think I do remember that. I saw that tour 3 times and everytime they played that song I would just watch Neil in total awe, if I remember correctly I believe that "Presto" tour was the only time they covered "Scars".... Since it was so awesome to watch live I always wondered why they only played it on one tour. Oh well, at least we got to see it live!! icon_alienjig.gif

Presto is an album that always seems to get overlooked. I think that all of the songs on Presto are great. It seems to me though, that the recording of this album sounds so quiet. I mean, if you listen to Hold Your Fire and Presto after, the difference in the sound is strange. Anyone know what I'm talking about here? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 28 2005, 05:56 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 26 2005, 10:28 AM)

Hmmm now that you said that I think I do remember that. I saw that tour 3 times and everytime they played that song I would just watch Neil in total awe, if I remember correctly I believe that "Presto" tour was the only time they covered "Scars".... Since it was so awesome to watch live I always wondered why they only played it on one tour. Oh well, at least we got to see it live!! icon_alienjig.gif

I never got to see Scars played live (aside from Neil's drum parts incorporated in the solo). sad.gif I didn't start seeing shows until the RTB tour. This brings me back to my opinion that the boys should have pulled more songs like this into the R30 playlist - like they did with Between The Wheels.

Man, I love this song and all of Presto. I can't understand why this album is shunned the way it is as I've always found the songs to be incredible.

http://www.rockarolashop.com/media/rush_presto_rabbit_2pass.jpg

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 28 2005, 09:39 AM)
Presto is an album that always seems to get overlooked. I think that all of the songs on Presto are great. It seems to me though, that the recording of this album sounds so quiet. I mean, if you listen to Hold Your Fire and Presto after, the difference in the sound is strange. Anyone know what I'm talking about here? confused13.gif

That's why the remastered album is GREAT...before I got the remaster I thought Presto sounded awful but with great songs..now I like Presto way more now yes.gif

Of course Presto was well represented on the Presto tour but if memory serves correct Roll the Bones and Counterparts tours featured Presto pretty heavily as well including the rabbits on the RTB tour.So I think Presto was just one they felt they had to back off from for awhile

"Atmospheric changes make them sensitive again"

it amazes me how geddy sings and plays the bass to it at the same time!

Actually the bass riff is looped by a sequencer. Live he plays the atmospheric keyboard pads and sings, while the bass riff plays in a loop.