What ever happened to the quote nesting limits?

Maverick

The signature parameters changed? I went to change it and these rules popped up - is that true? If so I need to choose.

I just counted 15 nested quotes in a SOCN thread. And honestly, anyone reading it needed no more than 5 to know what was going on.

I agree, a limit of 4-5 would be welcomed.

Make it happen! (...Please) :D

It would be nice to have fewer nested quotes.

I just counted 15 nested quotes in a SOCN thread. And honestly, anyone reading it needed no more than 5 to know what was going on.

I always thought the huge quoting blocks that make you have to scroll an extra five minutes past shit you've already read were pretty stupid.

all good, interesting points.

Oh hey bathory, one a note completely unrelated to all the nested quotes above, how have you been lately?

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/stretch-armstrong-ng.jpg

I'm good, bro.

shit, I forgot to ask you how you've been. :D-13:

clearly you're trying to dodge the question

http://www.xenophobe.de/atari/Scans/dodge_em_p5_front.jpg

http://www.lancasteralive.org/dodgeball/lan-dodgeball.jpg

The signature parameters changed? I went to change it and these rules popped up - is that true? If so I need to choose.

Yes, placed some restrictions on sigs. There's a limit on the amount of images and lines of text you can have now, and a size restriction on images. I was wondering when I'd get some feedback on that. :LOL:

Librarian, the limit on the amount of images would come into play for you -- the limit is six. In your case, your images are really small, and you have them organized in such a way that your sig has a pretty small footprint (in other words, many of you can learn a thing or two from Librarian about how to construct a sig that isn't an eyesore and doesn't force other users to scroll and scroll to get past it). So what you can do, if you have the ability, is combine two or more images into one. Maybe even a top row as one image and a bottom row as one.

• Like 2

Yes, placed some restrictions on sigs. There's a limit on the amount of images and lines of text you can have now, and a size restriction on images. I was wondering when I'd get some feedback on that. :LOL:

Librarian, the limit on the amount of images would come into play for you -- the limit is six. In your case, your images are really small, and you have them organized in such a way that your sig has a pretty small footprint (in other words, many of you can learn a thing or two from Librarian about how to construct a sig that isn't an eyesore and doesn't force other users to scroll and scroll to get past it). So what you can do, if you have the ability, is combine two or more images into one. Maybe even a top row as one image and a bottom row as one.