What Is Your Favourite Album By The Beatles?

The Cat 3

What Is Your Favourite Album By The Beatles?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Album By The Beatles?

• Please Please Me
    • With the Beatles
    • A Hard Days Night
    • Beatles For Sale
    • Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • The Beatles (The White Album)
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Abbey Road
    • Let It Be

But it is because of being so inundated by The Beatles back then that I am sick to death of them today.

Thank you for sharing your unsolicited negative opinion, once again, about your dislike for The Beatles.

Perhaps you could move along and rain on someone else's parade.

But it is because of being so inundated by The Beatles back then that I am sick to death of them today.

Thank you for sharing your unsolicited negative opinion, once again, about your dislike for The Beatles.

I have to say, I loved reading Lorraine's account of rushing out to buy an album based on the joy of A Day In The Life.

I remember thinking I hated The Beatles, but that was because I was smothered with all the awful cover versions on reality TV growing up. So glad I took the plunge and found the originals. The red and blue remaster was my first introduction, and I recently gave them to a young friend who needed them but they were a huge impact on me!

Best band ever? Yes. I mean that. Even if they aren't my favourite, my favourites still don't come close!

As I said earlier in this thread, the first CD I ever bought, when that medium was brand new, was Abbey Road- the very last Beatles album ever recorded. That also happened to be the very first Beatles album I ever owned.

The next one I bought after that was Please Please Me- the very first album they ever recorded.

After that, I filled in all the holes in between, in a fairly random order. Haha...

I normally don't do chronological marathons of an individual band, but I'm thinking that with all the Beatles love going around the forum lately, that I just might!

• Like 3

As I said earlier in this thread, the first CD I ever bought, when that medium was brand new, was Abbey Road- the very last Beatles album ever recorded. That also happened to be the very first Beatles album I ever owned.

The next one I bought after that was Please Please Me- the very first album they ever recorded.

After that, I filled in all the holes in between, in a fairly random order. Haha...

I normally don't do chronological marathons of an individual band, but I'm thinking that with all the Beatles love going around the forum lately, that I just might!

One of the few bands who benefit from chronological order. Why? The first album is exciting and it never lags!

• Like 2

One of the few bands who benefit from chronological order. Why? The first album is exciting and it never lags!

:goodone:

• Like 2

Since the red album and the blue album have both been mentioned and are not on the list, I'll mention another one that deserves it- the soundtrack to the Beatles' Cirque du Soleil show, Love. It's not a Beatles album proper, of course, but the whole thing is just stupendous. It's really neat to hear the mixtures of some of the songs, and what they did with them. My favourite segment on the whole thing is the one that incorporates Drive My Car, What You're Doing, and The Word, altogether. It's great!

The whole thing is worth a listen, if you've never heard it.

I also got to see the show performed at the Mirage in Las Vegas, in 2010. It was really memorable...I just loved it.

Yes, I also saw that show at the Mirage in 2012 and it was amazing. If I visit Vegas again and it's still on, I will see it again.

• Like 2

Since the red album and the blue album have both been mentioned and are not on the list, I'll mention another one that deserves it- the soundtrack to the Beatles' Cirque du Soleil show, Love. It's not a Beatles album proper, of course, but the whole thing is just stupendous. It's really neat to hear the mixtures of some of the songs, and what they did with them. My favourite segment on the whole thing is the one that incorporates Drive My Car, What You're Doing, and The Word, altogether. It's great!

The whole thing is worth a listen, if you've never heard it.

I also got to see the show performed at the Mirage in Las Vegas, in 2010. It was really memorable...I just loved it.

Just listened to this today. Much better than I recalled from previous spins. A fun listen!

• Like 1

Why are music fans so weird about calling The Beatles pop?

It isn't a dirty word. The Beatles set the benchmark for great pop, and arguably it has never been raised since.

• Like 2

Why are music fans so weird about calling The Beatles pop?

It isn't a dirty word. The Beatles set the benchmark for great pop, and arguably it has never been raised since.

They were the benchmark, yes, exactly- to so many listeners' ears, and to every group of (certainly mostly) guys who were practicing in their garages, wanting to be played on the radio, too- just about everybody and his brother wanted to form a band, after The Beatles came along.

Their music evolved into something other than pop, later on- even though they were always a pop-rock band, the textures that the music took on from 1966-'67 to the end were different...pop and rock plus something more. That's what always set them apart, I think. No other group had ever evolved like they did. And it seems that kind of evolution also became a benchmark.

• Like 1

Rubber Soul with Revolver a very close second. I had to make a track my track comparison to make my final decision.

You must feel terrible.

Actually no I felt very,very good, warm inside in fact, with a satisfying glow. And I feel even better now, I feel all tingly and effervescent. :sundog:

• Like 1

I'll admit, I'm late to the party regarding The Beatles. I've just recently started collecting the albums, with the exception of Sgt. Pepper, which I've had for a while (and which my Dad had on vinyl, so I heard that a lot as a kid) hence my love for it, and my vote for it here.

Over the last few weeks I've added Help, Magical Mystery Tour and Let it Be to my collection (my choices based on the selection in my local music shop, if you're wondering)

I ordered Abbey Road the other day, and it arrived yesterday. I actually hadn't heard it as an album (just some of it on compilations). After a couple of spins yesterday...wow!...I think I'm ready to change my vote!

• Like 1

Every time I listen to the next album in my Beatles marathon I want to change my vote. :huh:

You're in the moment.

I actually got all choked up and teary singing along with "A Day in the Life" today.

Music wise, growing up in the 1960s must have been truly amazing. So much great music. So many innovations. So many truly great artists. I envy anyone who waited for the next Beatles album as it happened. "A Day in the Life" must have been jaw dropping.

I've tried to make your point countless times on this forum but it never seemed to take.

It was amazing growing up back then. and, yes - "A Day In The Life" was jaw dropping, so much so, it was banned shortly after it was released from being played on AM stations. I remember very vividly grabbing the album which had the lyrics (mercifully :LOL: ) printed on the inside cover and giving them to my brother-in-law to read so he could tell me why the song was banned.

Weird how you took what was a mostly positive post by Lorraine (at top), isolated the one small part that could be construed as negative, and busted her chops about it. Why would you do that? I'm going out of my way to ask because I saw this other post of yours, so now I'm seeing a pattern.

• Like 2

Every time I listen to the next album in my Beatles marathon I want to change my vote. :huh:

You're in the moment.

I actually got all choked up and teary singing along with "A Day in the Life" today.

Music wise, growing up in the 1960s must have been truly amazing. So much great music. So many innovations. So many truly great artists. I envy anyone who waited for the next Beatles album as it happened. "A Day in the Life" must have been jaw dropping.

I've tried to make your point countless times on this forum but it never seemed to take.

It was amazing growing up back then. and, yes - "A Day In The Life" was jaw dropping, so much so, it was banned shortly after it was released from being played on AM stations. I remember very vividly grabbing the album which had the lyrics (mercifully :LOL: ) printed on the inside cover and giving them to my brother-in-law to read so he could tell me why the song was banned.

Weird how you took what was a mostly positive post by Lorraine (at top), isolated the one small part that could be construed as negative, and busted her chops about it. Why would you do that? I'm going out of my way to ask because I saw this other post of yours, so now I'm seeing a pattern.

I had noticed this as well, but wasn't sure if I had read too much into things.