Anybody Else Had This Happen?...

Narps

This has never happened to me before in over 25,000 posts but I noticed one from last night and one from this afternoon. I have made 2 posts recently and when I got back on the forum after going off to do some other things they just weren't there at all. When I post (as with pretty much everything else I do) I am very careful to make sure it posts and go back a double check for grammar, spelling etc to make sure it is as perfect as I know how. I know I did the same with these two and yet they were gone. No complaining or anything but was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else recently or ever. I checked in my profile under my posts and they weren't there either. I made both of them in the 2015 PGA Tour thread.

Just wondering? This thread may just die on the vine and I am just nuts and losing it but I don't think so at least in this case.

Anyone? Anything? Comments? Thanks... :eh: :blink:

Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

No I haven't encountered the problem you have, Narps. But then, I'm not the posting machine that you are... The one weird thing I've encountered is: I often log on with my IPad and I sign off when I'm done. I always check that I am signed off. Sometimes when I subsequently launch TRF, I am still logged on even though I know I previously signed off the last time I accessed the website. This seems to only happen with my IPad, not when I use my pc.

No I haven't encountered the problem you have, Narps. But then, I'm not the posting machine that you are... The one weird thing I've encountered is: I often log on with my IPad and I sign off when I'm done. I always check that I am signed off. Sometimes when I subsequently launch TRF, I am still logged on even though I know I previously signed off the last time I accessed the website. This seems to only happen with my IPad, not when I use my pc.

It was weird becauae both posts were made from my laptop and both in the same thread. The one this afternoon was a post that I was trying to let you know that I couldn't watch the golf this afternoon on NBC. The local affiliate was showing 4 hours of pre race coverage for a local Nascar race tonight. Good grief. Redneck village around here... :LOL:
  • Like 1

It was weird becauae both posts were made from my laptop and both in the same thread. The one this afternoon was a post that I was trying to let you know that I couldn't watch the golf this afternoon on NBC. The local affiliate was showing 4 hours of pre race coverage for a local Nascar race tonight. Good grief. Redneck village around here... :LOL:

Thanks for letting me know. BTW, The golf was not very interesting today IMO.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know. BTW, The golf was not very interesting today IMO.

I tried to at least and thought I did :LOL: . I did check periodically on the tour website to see how things were going anyway. I will do my best to hang with you tomorrow... :rose: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed posts disappearing but I have noticed that after a certain amount of time that the threads stop registering my having posted in them.

I noticed that this evening. I made a post and then it disappeared. Weird.

Just glad it's not just me. I know I made them and as I stated looked a couple hours later and they just weren't there...
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed posts disappearing but I have noticed that after a certain amount of time that the threads stop registering my having posted in them.

What does that mean exactly? The reason I ask is because both of the posts were in a thread that I have posted in probably hundreds of times. Just curious... :)

Just glad it's not just me. I know I made them and as I stated looked a couple hours later and they just weren't there...

Maybe its the Caddyshack gopher. :P

• Like 1

That's funny, RC - Narps the posting machine! :LOL: That would make a good member title.

Happened to me as well...but I just chalked it up to turning 50 and losing my mental faculties. :D

Good to know I'm not going senile...yet.

• Like 2

What does that mean exactly? The reason I ask is because both of the posts were in a thread that I have posted in probably hundreds of times. Just curious... :)

Well, on my phone the little dot that shows you've posted in the thread looks like the one where you haven't.

Well, on my phone the little dot that shows you've posted in the thread looks like the one where you haven't.

:blink: Not sure what that is either but don't mind me I am a techo dummy... :)

When you pull up new content and it shows the list of threads, the ones that you have posted in have a star next to them. The ones that you haven't posted in just have just a dot.

When you pull up new content and it shows the list of threads, the ones that you have posted in have a star next to them. The ones that you haven't posted in just have just a dot.

I'll have to check that out. I have never noticed or even looked for such a thing. A miracle I have done what I have to be honest... :)
  • Like 1

I'll have to check that out. I have never noticed or even looked for such a thing. A miracle I have done what I have to be honest... :)

I was looking at the dots and stars on the regular skin as well and it's the same way. The star signifies that you've posted in that thread.