Predictions about the Los Angeles Show and potential finality of it.

LeaveMyThingAlone

ok so one final thought on this. They have said this is likely the last major tour of this size, what I am thinking is that if they come back around in the spring of 2016, it is still the same tour( I know picking at straws), however, the last graphic is 40+...much like the time machine tour where the clock ran forward at the end instead of backward...well here's hoping anyway.

I'd give it about a 1% chance that they tour again in Spring 2016.

It sucks but the reality is that Rush is now a victim of their own standards, expectations, and talent. Any other band could easily book a week at MSG, Red Rocks, LA, Toronto, etc. The Stones could show up to those after a couple weeks rehearsal, pull in sick money, and just mail in the shows. As others have said, the preparation these guys put in for a tour is unrivaled. And it will never be in their DNA to not put on a show up to their standards. Thus, they are not going to take 3 months to prepare, just to do 5 shows at MSG, or LA, or Toronto, etc.

Maybe as the legend of Rush grows, they can do some stadium shows. Their popularity seems to increase every hear. If they do that for a week of stadium shows, it might be worth it

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone
  • Like 1

I finally listened to Al on ET's podcast and it definitely sounds like he HOPES this tour is not the end of Rush. It's gonna come down to Neil and what else, if anything, they can convince him to do. Have to hope that he doesn't completely lose his passion for drumming and that he gets a little bored with domestic life after a while. I'd really like to see them try to top CA, with a real producer next time.

ok so one final thought on this. They have said this is likely the last major tour of this size, what I am thinking is that if they come back around in the spring of 2016, it is still the same tour( I know picking at straws), however, the last graphic is 40+...much like the time machine tour where the clock ran forward at the end instead of backward...well here's hoping anyway.

That does seem like a sign of something. Certainly not a tour, but maybe they have some project up their sleeves. Maybe that Clockwork Angels film that Neil has been talking about. Or maybe an album. Who knows. The best thing for all of us to do, is to stop guessing (with or without backup proof), and just see what the band does. Even if they are talking now that it's the end, that still isn't final, sure, it's very likely, but to quote Neil's lyric in Prime Mover - 'Anything can happen'

I look at it this way...after Neil went through his personal tragedies back in the 90's , I didn't think that we'd ever see them release another album as Rush, let alone tour again... At the end of every tour SINCE that time, I walk out of my show(s) thinking that it's the last time I'll see them, for several reasons....either something will happen to me, they won't be anywhere close to where I can go, I'll have something else going on that prevents me from going to the show, or they'll give it up for one reason or another.

The fact that "someone" is saying that this is the LAST "major tour" doesn't prove anything until probably the end of 2016 when it's probably a "given" that anything R40 related is over, done-with, in the books, here's your DVD, have a nice time...obscure box set material to follow in 2017....

I had a friend make a comment that announcing that it was the "last major tour" could have even been a "marketing ploy" by someone just to sell more tickets since there have been a lack of sales on the past few tours. (i.e. not all sell outs)

When the LA show is over and done with, I won't hold my breath for another tour, but I won't totally rule it out at this juncture!

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 2

They will never label an official farewell gig.

The last Rush show is this Saturday.

It's gonna be a blowout. :)

Ok, so what is it that you do for the band? Are you on their staff? Drive a bus? Just curious of your creds.......

Personally....the last few tours to me felt like that was it, and we'll be lucky if they come back out/release another album, etc....I've taken them one at a time, and was glad they came out again..

I may know a guy who knows a guy. But screw my cred. Those who haven't bothered to read the evidence at hand will find out soon enough. After Saturday, it's not gonna matter much.

So basically you're just here to stir up shit...go away!

Nah, I was here to talk actual Rush. Not fanboy Rush.

Your sig is messin' up the pages, btw. Maybe resize your pic.

Just read this in another topic:

Honestly, there are about a hundred other Rush songs I'd rather hear in LA than Losing It.

LOL, I honestly I have no idea why that song is so revered. And I love Signals. It's my fave Rush album. There are at least 5 other Signals tracks I'd rather hear than Losing It.

I have heard rumblings that the Forum gig will get an outta the blue shocker one-time-only deep cut. I've even heard what it might be. Hint. C.P. ;)

Just read this in another topic:

Honestly, there are about a hundred other Rush songs I'd rather hear in LA than Losing It.

LOL, I honestly I have no idea why that song is so revered. And I love Signals. It's my fave Rush album. There are at least 5 other Signals tracks I'd rather hear than Losing It.

I have heard rumblings that the Forum gig will get an outta the blue shocker one-time-only deep cut. I've even heard what it might be. Hint. C.P. ;)

No way they play something new on the very last show- maybe ever- that they haven't practiced the bejesus outta' first.

They wouldn't want to risk a train wreck on that last day :(

I am unsure that Rush has ever officially played a 'train wreck.'

I suspect this board will be pleasantly surprised come Saturday night 1030 pm PST. :)

We're finally gonna get some Tai Shan?

Hell yes! Once those digital flutes start...won't be a dry eye in da house.

".after Neil went through his personal tragedies back in the 90's , I didn't think that we'd ever see them release another album as Rush, let alone tour again... At the end of every tour SINCE that time, I walk out of my show(s) thinking that it's the last time I'll see them"

Exactly...so thrilled this wasn't the case, and also that Neil did come back and Rush gave us a lot of new music and tours since that time.

• Like 1

Exactly...so thrilled this wasn't the case, and also that Neil did come back and Rush gave us a lot of new music and tours since that time.

Yep. And still there are Rush fans begging and whining about more, more, more.

Self absorption is an ugly thing.

They have no idea how fortunate we've been.

Dude, just go away, your BS isn't doing anything productive for anyone.....

• Like 1

Not much fun at parties, are you...

• Like 4

Ok, so what is it that you do for the band? Are you on their staff? Drive a bus? Just curious of your creds.......

Personally....the last few tours to me felt like that was it, and we'll be lucky if they come back out/release another album, etc....I've taken them one at a time, and was glad they came out again..

I may know a guy who knows a guy. But screw my cred. Those who haven't bothered to read the evidence at hand will find out soon enough. After Saturday, it's not gonna matter much.

So basically you're just here to stir up shit...go away!

Nah, I was here to talk actual Rush. Not fanboy Rush.

Your sig is messin' up the pages, btw. Maybe resize your pic.

Yeah,. and your clueless BS is clogging up the people that want to talk about Rush! Go away!

• Like 2

Quite the exaggeration there. Nobody is "begging and whining". You are one of the fortunate people who's getting to see the R40 tour. Most outside the U.S.A. haven't and won't. They're disappointed about that and understandably so. But everybody is aware that the guys are in their 60s with grandkids and simply have to stop sometime. Nobody's SO upset about it that they're going to stalk and harass Neil Peart until he changes his mind. They're losing something that's been very impactful on their lives and are sad about it. You're probably right that Saturday is it for live shows, but no need to rub people's noses in it. I don't understand why you're reading a forum with "fanboys" when "fanboy" chat irritates you so much. Seems you're just torturing yourself and everyone here as well. :huh:

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 7

Dude, just go away, your BS isn't doing anything productive for anyone.....

Productivity. Hmm.

Edited by Bard

I guess you enjoy coming in and being the voice of distension? Putting a smiley at the end doesn't change the intention.

It's not as bad as coming in and pissing on other people's signed items, though. :) :) :)

Well I guess if you can't make up a decent answer, you have to make stuff up. :) :) :)

Oh it's not made up. I could go back and quote your lame critiques of people's items - on at least three occasions, including mine - but I really don't feel like putting in the effort.

Probably didn't really intend to do it, right? :) :) :)

Why are you trying to pick a fight? I know I didn't do anything of the sort, so you are barking up the wrong tree with me.

I have no interest in online flaming. But you definitely did do something of the sort. It got kind of annoying. So I stopped following your posts in the autograph thread.

You didn't have to sling mud at me first for the record. You could've just put me on ignore. But you chose to slag. So I responded with my own slag on your own forum etiquette since you felt the need to challenge mine.

The only things Eaglemoon ever did on the autograph thread are a) she provided helpful advice to people trying to get things signed and b) she wrote kindly-worded notes of congratulations to people who had success.

• Like 4

Quite the exaggeration there. Nobody is "begging and whining". You are one of the fortunate people who's getting to see the R40 tour. Most outside the U.S.A. haven't and won't. They're disappointed about that and understandably so. But everybody is aware that the guys are in their 60s with grandkids and simply have to stop sometime. Nobody's SO upset about it that they're going to stalk and harass Neil Peart until he changes his mind. They're losing something that's been very impactful on their lives and are sad about it. You're probably right that Saturday is it for live shows, but no need to rub people's noses in it. I don't understand why you're reading a forum with "fanboys" when "fanboy" chat irritates you so much. Seems you're just torturing yourself and everyone here as well. :huh:

I'm not tortured at all. I'm happy for Neil that he's finally going to get to wind down. He deserves it.

Nobody's losing anything.

But yes, perhaps you're right. I'd forgotten how message boards tend to roll. Thanks for the reminders. :)

Adieu, fair ladies and good gentlemen.

I'm not tortured at all. I'm happy for Neil that he's finally going to get to wind down. He deserves it.

But yes, perhaps you're right. I'd forgotten how message boards tend to roll. Thanks for the reminders. :)

Hopefully it's for good!

Exactly! As I said in my post a page or so back, I think we're lucky it came this far...and it this is it, so be it, my wife will be happy I'm not blowing another $100+ on a concert ticket! ...if it keeps going, cool! (I'll need more blanks, then)

I survived after Bonham died, after Zappa died, after Richard Wright died, etc..... I'll probably survive once Rush finally hangs it up! :popcorn:

• Like 2

Hopefully it's for good!

No need to rub it in there. If he's leaving, let him leave.

Bard is right about your sig, though. Vertically, it's monstrous. Maybe you could list all the show dates horizontally, with a bullet point separating each date, like this,

11/5/1984 Philadelphia, PA 4/17/1986 Baltimore, MD 12/13/1987 Philadelphia, PA 11/6/1996 Philadelphia, PA 6/29/2002 Scranton, PA 10/25/2002 Hershey, PA 8/7/2004 Scranton, PA 6/29/2007 Scranton, PA 7/17/2008 Hershey, PA 8/31/2010 Allentown, PA 4/8/2011 Hershey, PA 10/12/2012 Philadelphia, PA 6/21/2013 Hershey, PA 5/30/2015 Bristow, VA

Then, you need to make the photo a lot smaller. Thanks!

Hopefully it's for good!

No need to rub it in there. If he's leaving, let him leave.

Bard is right about your sig, though. Vertically, it's monstrous. Maybe you could list all the show dates horizontally, with a bullet point separating each date, like this,

11/5/1984 Philadelphia, PA 4/17/1986 Baltimore, MD 12/13/1987 Philadelphia, PA 11/6/1996 Philadelphia, PA 6/29/2002 Scranton, PA 10/25/2002 Hershey, PA 8/7/2004 Scranton, PA 6/29/2007 Scranton, PA 7/17/2008 Hershey, PA 8/31/2010 Allentown, PA 4/8/2011 Hershey, PA 10/12/2012 Philadelphia, PA 6/21/2013 Hershey, PA 5/30/2015 Bristow, VA

How'd you do that:? I tried it and I could never get it to stick?!?!

How'd you do that:? I tried it and I could never get it to stick?!?!

To produce the bullet point, hold down the Alt key (or Option key on a Mac) and type 0149. Like this: • You can then highlight it and make it bold, like this:

Put a space on either side of it and there you go.

I just copied and pasted what you did....the pic won't get smaller though? I keep trying to make it smaller, and it's staying that size..

You'll have to shrink it in Photobucket. Each photo has its own menu, and hit the option for Edit. You can resize it in there.

• Like 1

But if you leave, how am I going to serve you that plate of crow you inevitably have coming?

• Like 1