Do you spend more time on the forum than listening to Rush ?

Tuesday's Gone

Do you spend more time on the forum than listening to Rush ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you spend more time on the forum than listening to Rush ?

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely, though Rush usually pops up in my shuffle many times a day. Lately I haven't even been in the main forums much to avoid tour spoilers, and have been mostly in SOCN/OLV for non-Rush stuff.
  • Like 1

I listen to music always when I'm in the car and sometimes when I'm on the forum. Rarely do I put a CD in the stereo and sit and listen that way anymore.
  • Like 1

By a million miles :yes: . I rarely listen to any music to be honest...

There is no way in hell I could not listen to music. :D

No kidding. I have to listen to music at least a portion of each day or I feel empty inside. Like something is missing.

Maybe that's what wrong with me or at least one of the many things... :)
  • Like 1

No kidding. I have to listen to music at least a portion of each day or I feel empty inside. Like something is missing.

May beeeee! :)

Weird to see so many voting yes here. I thought it's pretty common to listen to music while you're surfing the internet, I do it every time.

Makes sense but I just watch the news all day while I am on here. Maybe another part of my many problems... :wacko:

Here is a totally radical idea. It just might be possible to listen to Rush while you are on TRF.

I'm part of the 90%...

I don't think it's weird at all, sometimes I don't listen to music for an entire week. My father is weird. He can't stand any kind of music. The other day, we were talking about this and he told me that when he was a child and was stuck at a place where music was playing, he would sometimes start crying because it was really unbearable for him. I don't know anyone like him.

I don't think it's weird at all, sometimes I don't listen to music for an entire week. My father is weird. He can't stand any kind of music. The other day, we were talking about this and he told me that when he was a child and was stuck at a place where music was playing, he would sometimes start crying because it was really unbearable for him. I don't know anyone like him.

Your father isn't unusual even though you find him so.

Not everyone loves music.

Or noise.

Some folks can't stand silence.

Others thrive on it.

:huh:

• Like 3

I think it's a little odd that someone who participates on a forum about a musical group doesn't listen to music that much.
  • Like 2

I think it's a little odd that someone who participates on a forum about a musical group doesn't listen to music that much.

:codger: ....
  • Like 2

That's too bad that you think that way.

Not everyone is alike.

Having to listen to music every day is just something I "grew out of." I put that phrase in quote marks because it isn't the best way of saying what I want to say, but I can't think of another way of putting it right now. :)

That's too bad that you think that way.

Not everyone is alike.

Having to listen to music every day is just something I "grew out of." I put that phrase in quote marks because it isn't the best way of saying what I want to say, but I can't think of another way of putting it right now. :)

Interesting. I'm sorry you "grew out of it". Music means so much to me in my life I can't imagine not having it there every day.

• Like 3

Music has always been a huge part of my life since childhood. Generally, if I'm not listening to it, I'm making my own.
  • Like 3

Music has always been a huge part of my life since childhood. Generally, if I'm not listening to it, I'm making my own.

Same here. :)

• Like 2

I spend more time on here. Rush has been my favorite band since 1993, so the music is so embedded in my brain that I don't need to listen to them as often anymore. I could go a year without listening to their albums and still know everything perfectly when I listen to them again. I've never gone that long without listening to Rush though.

My Rush listening always picks up a lot when a new album/tour is happening. Much like how the band listens to their discography to decide what to play on tour, I rediscover their catalog whenever they're touring.

• Like 1

Songs like this really help me when I am down,

They always bring me back to the place I need to be.

Bad Company - Seagull

Open Secrets is another one,

I just love the guitar. :guitar:

Edited by troutman

Bad Company - Seagull

Miss post... Edited by Narps

Bad Company - Seagull

Unfortunately, sometimes I feel so low that I can't even enjoy my favorite songs/albums/artists. I love the guitar too on Open Secrets btw. And Alex's tone is totally unique on that album.

• Like 1

Bad Company - Seagull

Unfortunately, sometimes I feel so low that I can't even enjoy my favorite songs/albums/artists. I love the guitar too on Open Secrets btw. And Alex's tone is totally unique on that album.

Sure,

But when I am really down in the dumps I always think of a tune that brings me back. I rely on music and nothing else. And I also think of good times. Like a great day fishing ect. Never fails. :D

• Like 3