Today is the day after 27 Years.......

BlairC45

Today is the day after 27 Years from the last time I saw them in 1988 (Hold Your Fire Tour) at MLG; and also my first concert was with Rush back on the Moving Pictures Tour 1981 at Maple Leaf Gardens and tonight for the R40 Tour (which is there last Tour they're doing) at the Air Canada Centre with my Brother who actually took me to my 1st Rush concert back in 1981. So everything is coming full-circle for me. Can't wait to hang out with my Brother and his friends (which I know them too) it's gonna be bitter-sweet! Gonna live in the Limelight tonight! LOL Edited by BlairC45
  • Like 10

Bittersweet is the word. I was thinking about that last Friday night as my brother and I shared what is likely to be our last Rush concert together. We saw them together 35 years ago, in a building in Chicago that's now long gone.
  • Like 2

Oshawa's so close to TO. How come you missed so many tours?

Ask my Brother lmao - Every year he kept saying No to me. So this Year when they announced the Dates I said this is the time (it is time) you've got to take me, as we all know why. So he said Yes this time so I'm pretty stoked about tonight!

Edited by BlairC45

For us in Toronto I very much doubt that these will be the last shows. Its the last "major tour" yes, but whatever they do in the future, I'm sure it will include Toronto.

That's true, and the tickets well be even harder to get it if there talking about residency in Toronto and in some (handful) major Cities across North America from what I've read somewhere.

Edited by BlairC45

My older brother also introduced me to RUSH, though we never attended a show together, we did both attend the same tour in different states. I can honestly say that the best contribution my brother ever made to my life was playing 2112 for me. Otherwise he is pretty much a jackwagon. lol Edited by Weakly Criminal
  • Like 1

Bittersweet is the word. I was thinking about that last Friday night as my brother and I shared what is likely to be our last Rush concert together. We saw them together 35 years ago, in a building in Chicago that's now long gone.

Bittersweet is indeed the word. I am lucky to get three shows next week, and desperately want time to stand still. Their last show of this magnitude east of KC is TEN DAYS AWAY. For someone near the Atlantic, that is one scary and sad thought.

• Like 1