States You have Visited

sundog

I've been to all the US States, except Hawaii' and Alaska. I've been to all Canadian provinces, except Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador. I have NOT been to the 3 Canadian territories.

But, all of this has been trucking, and I don't think it counts for shit, and in fact, a lot of it has been a real bummer. I've seen the signs to turn off for Crater Lake, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, and a lot of other National Parks, but, obviously, I couldn't go see them. I've been to some National Parks in Canada, but only because I was delivering there. It's the same with cities. I know how to get around in most of the cities in Canada and the US, but I've never been downtown and really visited them. Recently, Jeopardy showed a picture of Montreal, a city I've been to multiple times. But, I didn't recognise it, because it was downtown.

A lot of those images that Rush is showing on the pre concert film I don't recognize, because of the same reason.

I would argue that if you've been to a National Park or to some state parks in a given state or province, then you've seen more that I have, even though I've driven on over 95% of the Interstate miles in the US.

That is why I didn't include the states that I have only briefly stopped in or drove through. I don't think it gives them a fair shake. North America is so beautiful - and each area has some amazing things to see, from the desert, to the beaches to the mountains (and even the differences in the mountain ranges) ~ I think vacationing here is wonderful.

Yeah, but y'all have Nova Scotia and British Columbia, which I think are tops.

Nova Scotia IS amazing. I love the East coast. PEI and New Brunswick are also beautiful. I haven't been to BC, :(

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/CA-FL-IL-KY-ME-MI-NC-NJ-NV-NY-OH-PA-SC-TN-TX.png

Create Your Own Visited States Map

This is an interesting look at the states you have visited ~ not bad for a Canadian Girl.

I didn't include the states that I have only driven through, or stopped over in while changing planes (that would add at least a dozen more)

looks like someone needs to visit WI :) Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Not bad, indeed. :)

The caveats you included remind me of my son, as he does the opposite- meaning that if we've been in an airplane even just flying over a particular state, he counts it that he's been there. :P

I'd make my own map, here, but I don't know if I'd be able to get the image to post. (I'm rather an idiot, when it comes to things like that). But I could make a list...

Copy the HTML code at the bottom of the map, then in the posting tool bar here - click the 3rd icon in on the top row. It gives you options for code types, choose HTML

Preview your post

Remove the part of the code that looks like this [ html] at the start and the part that looks like this [ /html] at the end and then preview again and your map should show when you post.

Does it have to be through facebook?

I chose the states but can't figure out how to post it. :P

• Like 1

Sunny. I hope you can help me with my low tech skills.......

New York

New Jersey

Pennsylvania

Virginia

N. Carolina

S. Carolina

Georgia

Mississippi

Alabama

Florida

Arkansas

Kansas

Louisianna

Tennessee

Missouri

Wisconsin

W.Virginia

Illinois

Indiana

Kentucky

Nevada

N. Mexico

Iowa

Ohio

Michigan

Oklahoma

And of course Texas

• Like 2

The only time I have been outside the U.S once in my life and as a young lad. We went to the Worlds Fair in Canada in 1967 and spent alot of time there and the upper east coast of Canada and the states. It was about a one month trip all in all...

New York

New Jersey

Pennsylvania

Virginia

N. Carolina

S. Carolina

Georgia

Mississippi

Alabama

Florida

Arkansas

Kansas

Louisianna

Tennessee

Missouri

Wisconsin

W.Virginia

Illinois

Indiana

Kentucky

Nevada

N. Mexico

Iowa

Ohio

Michigan

Oklahoma

And of course Texas

Happy to oblige! :D

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AL-AR-FL-GA-IA-IL-IN-KS-KY-LA-MI-MO-MS-NC-NJ-NM-NV-NY-OH-OK-PA-SC-TN-TX-VA-WI-WV.png

New York

New Jersey

Pennsylvania

Virginia

N. Carolina

S. Carolina

Georgia

Mississippi

Alabama

Florida

Arkansas

Kansas

Louisianna

Tennessee

Missouri

Wisconsin

W.Virginia

Illinois

Indiana

Kentucky

Nevada

N. Mexico

Iowa

Ohio

Michigan

Oklahoma

And of course Texas

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AL-AR-FL-GA-IA-IL-IN-KS-KY-LA-MI-MO-MS-NC-NJ-NM-NV-NY-OH-OK-PA-SC-TN-TX-VA-WI-WV.png

Well, thank yee!
  • Like 1

New York

New Jersey

Pennsylvania

Virginia

N. Carolina

S. Carolina

Georgia

Mississippi

Alabama

Florida

Arkansas

Kansas

Louisianna

Tennessee

Missouri

Wisconsin

W.Virginia

Illinois

Indiana

Kentucky

Nevada

N. Mexico

Iowa

Ohio

Michigan

Oklahoma

And of course Texas

Well, thank yee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/curtsey.gif

http://m.maploco.com...-CZ-DE-GB-NL-TR

I've been to AZ, CA, CO, DC, HI, MA, MD, ME, NM, NV, NY, OR, PA, UT, VA, WA, WV, WY

What states have you been to?

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AZ-CA-CO-DC-HI-MA-MD-ME-NM-NV-NY-OR-PA-UT-VA-WA-WV-WY.png

Edited by sundog

http://m.maploco.com...-CZ-DE-GB-NL-TR

I've been to AZ, CA, CO, DC, HI, MA, MD, ME, NM, NV, NY, OR, PA, UT, VA, WA, WV, WY

What states have you been to?

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AZ-CA-CO-DC-HI-MA-MD-ME-NM-NV-NY-OR-PA-UT-VA-WA-WV-WY.png

Thank you. But how?

There was a code at the bottom of your map - you copy it and paste it into the html window when you're posting here.

Ive been to airports in 3 states that I never actually visited and I was in Ohio for all of 10 minutes befause I took a wrong turn. The Europe map shows Northern Ireland which is part of the UK but Ive never been there.

I've been to the airport in Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, but I didn't quantify it as a visit, so I left them blank on my map. I've driven through all of the NE states, and didn't count those either. I used the guideline of having spent at least 24-48 hours visiting, not just driving through.

Ive been to airports in 3 states that I never actually visited and I was in Ohio for all of 10 minutes befause I took a wrong turn. The Europe map shows Northern Ireland which is part of the UK but Ive never been there.

I've been to the airport in Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, but I didn't quantify it as a visit, so I left them blank on my map. I've driven through all of the NE states, and didn't count those either. I used the guideline of having spent at least 24-48 hours visiting, not just driving through.

Meh then I guess I shouldnt have ticked off Czech Repub. I've only stayed overnight but had such a miserable experience I was only there for 12 hours.

• Like 1

Meh then I guess I shouldnt have ticked off Czech Repub. I've only stayed overnight but had such a miserable experience I was only there for 12 hours.

that's just me - you can validate for yourself if you want. :LOL: