Bristow, VA Periscope Thread - May 30th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It's official. Ged's voice needs weeks off. This encore is proving just how bad of shape he is in vocals wise. The roar part in Anthem and all of Lakeside just brutal.

I was hoping he wouldn't blow it out before the tour was over. That doesn't sound promising.

• Like 1

I had front row in Tampa but didn't know what periscope was until later. With that said, I was jumping around and rocking it wouldn't have been a pleasant viewing experience.

It's official. Ged's voice needs weeks off. This encore is proving just how bad of shape he is in vocals wise. The roar part in Anthem and all of Lakeside just brutal.

I was just thinking that, I really feel for the guy. I never thought pre-2112 was a good idea anyway, but I completely understand the reasoning in the context of the set and presentation.

• Like 1

Yep. The early 70s stuff is really taking a toll on him. He has nothing left in the tank tonight. Thank goodness for the 8 day break for him. Although, I think he needs 2-3 weeks at this point as they went from rehearsals to tour so he has been going non-stop.

I guess it's a longshot his vocals will be in good shape for the filming in Toronto...

Yep. The early 70s stuff is really taking a toll on him. He has nothing left in the tank tonight. Thank goodness for the 8 day break for him. Although, I think he needs 2-3 weeks at this point as they went from rehearsals to tour so he has been going non-stop.

Funny, I was fairly close to stage, and thought they sounded great. Ged gave it all on 2112 and encore. I'm much younger, and not an international star ;) but I could never ramp up vocal sounds with the intensity he did. But I think he sounded good on CA DVD ;)

Definitely an issue on DEW. I recall thinking during it...DEW,WTF!

And Alex broke a string in Overture (AGAIN! He did that same song in Brooklyn CA tour. No dancing this time and throwing guitar to get techs attention!)

Then the new guitar, not sure if he broke another string or issue with the pickup. But that dude is playing the effing chit out of the guitar, with an intensity not many near 62 yo do.

Given the perspective of where they are and how intricate their material is, they sounded effing awesome tonite!

Holy crap this audience is really dead. The person in front of the periscoper isn't even clapping

Anarchist was a great opener...speaking of which, TM, where ya at lately bud? Crowd was very alive for that. Then a bit f a lull in first set.

For me, we've had a warm spring in NY, but I think it hit 94 in VA today, and with my last second purch and 5 hour drive, tiring day and not really ready for that heat yet!

Crowd more alive in set 2, singing "xan-a-du" in unison. That was cool.

And of course, met TRFers apetersvt and stormtron, and their friends...WAY COOL

darn, forgot Justincase I think you were going to VA show? JC, we gotta say hi at Philly or NJ or MSG!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

Seriously what the hell was that for DEW, I hadn't listened to the boots on this tour because I've heard that song to death. But I started wondering if they were doing something different for the song, Neil particularly. Gotta see the video for that to see what exactly was going on. Other than that incredible show about as tight as I've ever seen them.

Oh and on Nat Sci (speaking of DEW...Neil.is definitely doing a different fill in Nat Sci)?

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Yes this is true about Natural Science he was doing something different again don't know if its on purpose or not.

I think he's getting lost. They've played it four times.

He flubbed it the first time in St. Paul. (I recall someone mentioning he dropped a stick)

I saw him correctly nail it in Dallas.

Just Youtubed Tampa, he correctly nailed it.

Just Youtubed last night, I don't know what THAT was?!?! :LOL:

Nat science ,at that moment thought I had a pretty precise view. Looked like it was a planned change based on facial exp<b></b>ression and how the arms were attacking the skins slowly...hes GOTTA know THAT peart in his sleep by now?!??!

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Neil had some issues tonight...Alex looked best, and had the guitar problems in 2112 and Geddys voice needs a break. Set list was great though...

Let me fix what I wrote last night, (on a cell phone) Alex looked BEAT...not best.... He looked like he was dying with the double neck on his back...

Was there last nite..reviewing later. Flew back from AMS n zoomed straight to show....pooped!! :P

Happy Birthday btw. Hope you enjoyed the show... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Was there last nite..reviewing later. Flew back from AMS n zoomed straight to show....pooped!! :P

uh, the man next to me at my daughters swim meet is tellin me AMS is American Samoa?!?!

I thought my 640 mile round trip last second purchase was somethin...ams gotta be closer than western pacific?? Amsterdam??

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Happy Birthday btw. Hope you enjoyed the show... :cheers:

Aw, thank u Narps! :) Will post abt it as soon as I get my equillibrium back!! :)

• Like 1

uh, the man next to me at my daughters swim meet is tellin me AMS is American Samoa?!?!

I thought my 640 mile round trip last second purchase was somethin...ams gotta be closer than western pacific?? Amsterdam??

Hi Gabriel! Its was Amsterdam. I would be sleeping under a shrub if it was Samoa lol!!!! (At least for the first set!! :)

Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 1

Neil had some issues tonight...Alex looked best, and had the guitar problems in 2112 and Geddys voice needs a break. Set list was great though...

Let me fix what I wrote last night, (on a cell phone) Alex looked BEAT...not best.... He looked like he was dying with the double neck on his back...

Both Alex n Neil would have an easier time if they dumped the extra weight. They looked fairly taxed-out. Geddy looked as fresh as a cheerleader the whole show!

• Like 3

Very cool GR...glad you made it!

so cool we are meeting from all over the country, and trips to EUR!!

BTW folks that are scrutinizing every note of the 60,000 to 100,000 notes played....it was 94 brutal degrees air temp...with no cloud cover...it was a sauna there, especially for those hailing from Ontario or the cool pacific breezes. Perspective please...

• Like 1