VAN HALEN'S "PANAMA" On The Billboards Was FANTASTIC! Standing Ovation Baby!

I like Diver Down and don't really have an issue with it being mostly a covers album, as many VH fans do. But I'd be pissed if I was Eddie too: a bunch of ideas in his cannon and he had to use them for covers! Another kick ass idea that was "buried" in the covers is Intruder, which precedes Pretty Woman. It's a heavy track that belongs in Fair Warning more than anywhere else!!!

When 1984 was coming out, I remember the track list was leaked on'the back page of Circus magazine. It was supposed to have a cover of In the Midnight Hour. I'm glad they didn't put it on there after Diver Down.

I like Diver Down and don't really have an issue with it being mostly a covers album, as many VH fans do. But I'd be pissed if I was Eddie too: a bunch of ideas in his cannon and he had to use them for covers! Another kick ass idea that was "buried" in the covers is Intruder, which precedes Pretty Woman. It's a heavy track that belongs in Fair Warning more than anywhere else!!!

When 1984 was coming out, I remember the track list was leaked on'the back page of Circus magazine. It was supposed to have a cover of In the Midnight Hour. I'm glad they didn't put it on there after Diver Down.

Jezus Rick you astound me. Never knew this either.

That's the beauty of being old dudes like us Earl. We've all got little tidbits like that to share.

• Like 1

Hahaha! Good point! Old men with 18 year old minds.

That's the beauty of being old dudes like us Earl. We've all got little tidbits like that to share.

K Man!

You wasted your money watching a shitty 90's product with Sammy at the helm.

You are wrong. We had a blast at both Van Hagar shows and the one with Cherone, therefore we got our money's worth.

Seriously.

Name a truly bad Roth era song. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Loss of Control is great for 15 seconds and then sucks after that.

Edited by The K Man

i'm going to catch VH at Jones Beach next month. they're one band i never got around to seeing. I'm looking forward to it

When people tell you that Dave's voice is shot, tell them someone you know who saw them on the 1984 tour said his voice was "shot" then too. Still one of the best live shows ever.

Eight and half minutes and he doesn't come across as an a-hole.

I think Eddie definitley has some personality issue going on, but back in the day, no one ever had anything bad to say about him. Other musicians were always very cool with him. He's probably not easy to work with though.

I think there are two issues with Diver Down that put people off and lead them into finding it a not so good album: Dancing in the Street and Big Bad Bill. If those two were replaced by original material or covers which had more to do with VH's style - as they did so well before with The Kinks, for instance - fans would look at this album in a completely different way.

I think there are two issues with Diver Down that put people off and lead them into finding it a not so good album: Dancing in the Street and Big Bad Bill. If those two were replaced by original material or covers which had more to do with VH's style - as they did so well before with The Kinks, for instance - fans would look at this album in a completely different way.

I enjoy both songs, actually. Big Bad Bill is really the brothers' chance to play with their dad, and it's a fun little song. DiTS is actually better than the Kinks cover, IMO.

My beef is that there are just too many covers on the album. They're all fine, but the album loses points for that.

It's still better than 95% of all other albums ever released.