Selfish Austin 360 Amphitheater Question

spineguru

Has anyone sat super close to the stage at the Austin 360 Amphitheater? I have second row seats (thank you very much) in front of Alex and there is an 80% chance of rain (currently... it changes daily). Any chance the roof that covers the stage sticks out far enough to benefit the folks near the front?

Don't get me wrong, I have a poncho and it could be a Cat 5 hurricane, and I still would stand for every single note, but I am just curious...

3 more days!!!

Thx!

Doesn't seem very likely:

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/20/71/63/4431099/3/622x350.jpg

I say bring the poncho just in case

Thanks. I saw this pic, and a few others... I was sort of thinking those red finger things on top stuck out and there looks to be some sort of "plexiglass" between those. ??? But no doubt... ponchos are being brought!!

Thanks. I saw this pic, and a few others... I was sort of thinking those red finger things on top stuck out and there looks to be some sort of "plexiglass" between those. ??? But no doubt... ponchos are being brought!!

It may help you if the rain comes straight down, but if it shits in direction, it could easily hit you. I'd rather be safe than sorry

oh that doesn't look good during the rain.

Seriously? A shed without a real shed?

• Like 1

If it rains hard enough and is blowing towards the stage I could see a Postponement. I was at the Chicago show in 2010 when that happened. Although not to scare you Austin does have more covering around the stage, so that good.

Lovin those outdoor venues VS! Boom..thunder...actually hope its dry for y'all in TX! I've Been to too many Rush shows in the rain!

Actually saw tv show other day filmed at Hollywood bowl, acoustics sounds awesome, totally unlike Jones beach.

so happy NY, NJ, BOS and Philly indoors. How about DC, are all the seats there covered?

I've never been to an amphitheater that didn't have a cover over the seats. I thought that was standard for these venues in case it does rain during a show.

Check out Jones Beach. A world famous amphitheater (not)!

Not only no covering, but it's usually windy there and the wind blows the sound from ocean to bay...from the fans, away.