The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Shame that Cream didn't break up before they released Goodbye...EUGH! Worst album I own...

I must check out The Band. I enjoy Bob Dylan, including his move to electric stuff...I am still amazed by how the tide turned against him back then for a little while...

Yes, The Band seem very interesting to me, as does their debut album.

• Like 1

Shame that Cream didn't break up before they released Goodbye...EUGH! Worst album I own...

I must check out The Band. I enjoy Bob Dylan, including his move to electric stuff...I am still amazed by how the tide turned against him back then for a little while...

Dylan was the folk God. Some people are stupid. He BECAME interesting to me when he went electric.'

that's me though.

Mick

• Like 1

Dylan was the folk God. Some people are stupid. He BECAME interesting to me when he went electric.'

that's me though.

Mick

Bob Dylan is very good, and I am ashamed to say I have only heard a compilation of his, never a full album. I know where I want to start though, so I shall get on it soon!

that's me though.

Mick

Bob Dylan is very good, and I am ashamed to say I have only heard a compilation of his, never a full album. I know where I want to start though, so I shall get on it soon!

ooh where do you want to start?

Mick

• Like 1

that's me though.

Mick

Mick

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. It has some of my favourite songs by anybody on it, and yet I still haven't played it in its entirety.

• Like 3

cool good choice.

Dylan is so strange........but when you get past the voice and listen to what he was writing.

Genius stuff

Mick

I am a Springsteen fan...the voice is of no concern to me haha!

• Like 1

Queen may have clicked with me finally...I am really loving Innuendo, so I may have to further explore some of the bands other works again.
  • Like 1

Queen may have clicked with me finally...I am really loving Innuendo, so I may have to further explore some of the bands other works again.

Innuendo's a great album. A wonderful record after a lot of middle of the road stuff. The tittle track is amazing.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Innuendo's a great album. A wonderful record of a lot of middle of the road stuff. The tittle track is amazing.

Mick

Well, I have been really trying to find something substantial of Queen that fits my taste, and this album is more than great: I was ridiculously moved in places!

Based on first listen, this was a near perfect 9/10. I know that is over the top, but this was a really, really gorgeous experience...

that's me though.

Mick

Mick

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. It has some of my favourite songs by anybody on it, and yet I still haven't played it in its entirety.

YEP. an emphatic yep from me! Work your way up from there to Blonde on Blonde.

• Like 1

Stevie Wonder in my unexpected new obsession
  • Like 1

huh.........That's strange.....but AWESOME!

I now plan to review the opening night of r40......having now heart the full boot of it.

Mick

• Like 1

huh.........That's strange.....but AWESOME!

I now plan to review the opening night of r40......having now heart the full boot of it.

Mick

You do? How? Gimme gimme gimme

Innuendo's a great album. A wonderful record of a lot of middle of the road stuff. The tittle track is amazing.

Mick

Well, I have been really trying to find something substantial of Queen that fits my taste, and this album is more than great: I was ridiculously moved in places!

Based on first listen, this was a near perfect 9/10. I know that is over the top, but this was a really, really gorgeous experience...

Dont sleep on The Miracle.

• Like 1

I grew up with Stevie Wonder. He was first known as Little Stevie Wonder. Don't think he did a thing I didn't like. Him and his harmonica. Memories. Memories. Memories.

I loved his song I Just Called To Say I Loved You so much growing up, and of course who doesn't love the bulk of his hits? But his albums are really fascinating, and addictive, so I am pleased to now know he wasn't another singles act, but a full blown artist!

• Like 1

The lincoln show is A ged yodel fest. I'm sorry just being honest.

Mick

Oh well, at this point that's expected. I'm sure if Geddy was able to sing without doing that he would. No one has to be more disappointed then he is when it comes to the limitations of his voice now.

• Like 2

The lincoln show is A ged yodel fest. I'm sorry just being honest.

Mick

Oh well, at this point that's expected. I'm sure if Geddy was able to sing without doing that he would. No one has to be more disappointed then he is when it comes to the limitations of his voice now.

i was just surprise it happened THAT quick. i thought tulsa was excellent vocally honestly.

Mick