The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

What do you do when everything you listen to, all the music you have, starts to become...oh, I don't know how else to describe this...stale?
  • Like 1

1. Kid Charlemagne

Pretty spiffing opener. The funky beat sounds like pretty much like everything the seventies sounded like. Nice.

8/10

• Like 1

What do you do when everything you listen to, all the music you have, starts to become...oh, I don't know how else to describe this...stale?

That happens to me now more than ever. It doesn't hold the same appeal that it once did for me.

I hate this! I go on the hunt for something new and just dive in

2. The Caves Of Altamira

Great production, smooth funky beat. Reminds me of Chicago, and ELO. Nice. But it sounds like a Care Bear disco, the music is so plush and fluffy. It's got balls, they are just made of sugar icing.

8/10

Edited by Segue Myles

3. Don't Take Me Alive

The title of this track puts me in mind of INXS for some reason. I like the Moody bass as it starts, then it immediately turns into some more of the same funky muzak, only this time it feels a little darker. It could easily soundtrack a seventies disco, and I swear I can visualise myself slow dancing with Farah Fawcett on this track, and she is digging my handlebar mustache and manly chest carpet.

It is beautifully performed, produced and for what it is, it is good.

8/10

Edited by Segue Myles

4. Sign In Stranger

Nice for Billy Joel to arrive to the party. Oh, wait, he didn't. Nice piano work, the same funky beat returns again for the fourth time. Great production, but not massively different to anything else I have heard so far.

7/10

I do have to say, four songs in I am quite liking this.
  • Like 2

Sign In Stranger was a pretty nifty track.

4. The Fez

Fez was always my favourite character on That 70's Show. Anyway, the same funky seventies beat has returned, but this time it sounds like James Last is conducting the Edam Cheese orchestra, and the crowd is dying for some new flavour. Beautiful, crystal clear production, and I think I just spotted Boney M dancing somewhere in the crowd.

Oi! Maizie Williams, over here!

Glad she is up for a boogie, I was starting to get bored.

6/10