The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Sign In Stranger was a pretty nifty track.

4. The Fez

Fez was always my favourite character on That 70's Show. Anyway, the same funky seventies beat has returned, but this time it sounds like James Last is conducting the Edam Cheese orchestra, and the crowd is dying for some new flavour. Beautiful, crystal clear production, and I think I just spotted Boney M dancing somewhere in the crowd.

Oi! Maizie Williams, over here!

Glad she is up for a boogie, I was starting to get bored.

6/10

Oh dear......

• Like 1

6. Green Earrings

The funky beat continues on what is apparently the sixth track. Or is it just the next section of one long song? I am busting some pretty lame John Travolta moves, and my chest hair is getting so bored of it all it just fell out everywhere.

Nice, but wow is this dated, and now I sense I am stuck in a fancy Hilton Hotel elevator.

5/10

6. Green Earrings

The funky beat continues on what is apparently the sixth track. Or is it just the next section of one long song? I am busting some pretty lame John Travolta moves, and my chest hair is getting so bored of it all it just fell out everywhere.

Nice, but wow is this dated, and now I sense I am stuck in a fancy Hilton Hotel elevator.

5/10

But......uh..wha......5!!!!!!!????????

Mick

• Like 1

7. Haitian Divorce

I just noticed the front cover of this album. It took two glances for me to realise it wasn't me catching a glimpse of my reflection sleeping in the mirror. Beautiful production, but the same funky beat has returned, but this time it is accompanied by some interesting instrumentation. The vocals are pretty generic, as they have been since track one, but I can imagine the melody getting stuck in my head. Nice, the best so far, but nothing particularly memorable, interesting or diverting.

But I am dancing a funky dance in the elevator. I just wish Davis Cassidy would stop yawning.

8/10

6. Green Earrings

5/10

John Travolta

Bored chest hairs

Hilton Hotel elevators in swanky areas

:sarcastic:

7. Haitian Divorce

I just noticed the front cover of this album. It took two glances for me to realise it wasn't me catching a glimpse of my reflection sleeping in the mirror. Beautiful production, but the same funky beat has returned, but this time it is accompanied by some interesting instrumentation. The vocals are pretty generic, as they have been since track one, but I can imagine the melody getting stuck in my head. Nice, the best so far, but nothing particularly memorable, interesting or diverting.

But I am dancing a funky dance in the elevator. I just wish Davis Cassidy would stop yawning.

8/10

:sigh:

• Like 1

I admit it's of it's time but he's just focusing on random references :laughing guy: i know now he WANTS Not to like this :laughing guy:

Mick

As evidenced by the limited number of TRF members that have participated in the Dan thread, it is clear that the Dan isn't for everyone.

Maybe you have to like jazz? I don't know. Slow, lazy beats? :huh:

Edited by Lorraine

8. Everything You Did

At this point it is all just beautifully produced fluff. The sound is great, I sense some beautiful texture in the instrumentation, but the music lacks a certain magic that keeps me excited. The sound is stellar, the songwriting is...well the same song for the eighth time.

When this track comes on, i am intrigued by some beautiful guitar work. O

Then the vocals start and again I am reminded of the seventies club bands you see in the old movies. Dull melodies, I can imagine swapping the vocal track of this song with any other track on the album and the result would be...the same...

So bored at this point I am longing for some excitement.

5/10

8. Everything You Did

At this point it is all just beautifully produced fluff. The sound is great, I sense some beautiful texture in the instrumentation, but the music lacks a certain magic that keeps me excited. The sound is stellar, the songwriting is...well the same song for the eighth time.

When this track comes on, i am intrigued by some beautiful guitar work. O

Then the vocals start and again I am reminded of the seventies club bands you see in the old movies. Dull melodies, I can imagine swapping the vocal track of this song with any other track on the album and the result would be...the same...

So bored at this point I am longing for some excitement.

5/10

i'm mad now...........not really......but i still wanna burn every Album you hold dear!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

9. The Royal Scam

Finally! Blown away at last!

A whole album of songs like this would be up my alley. I was really getting bored, but this is something else. Unlike the rest of the album, this is gobsmackingly grand, majestic jazzy pop.

Elevator music? Nope, this is smoky nighttime jazz bar worthy, I am strutting in with my best glad rags and I am gazing at the legends onstage through the hazy smoke filled atmosphere, and am intoxicated.

Glad I left the disco.

If you want me to turn on to Steely Dan, I need more of this songs calibre.

10/10