The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Mick has SC in his sig. I win!!!

Permanent Waves is an 80's album too.

:)

How much crack do you have to smoke to enjoy all of Systematic Chaos?

When I hear stuff like Constant Motion or In the Presence of Enemies I'm loving it, but you have to be in the mood for something...f***ed up to enjoy half this album.

This album confuses me.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

Dude, you thinking this is the bands best album convinces me more than anything that you are a total nut!

Never change. This album was fun, but the best?

The fact you think so fills me with pride.

You are a goon. A proper classy piece of crazy.

• Like 1

How much crack do you have to smoke to enjoy all of Systematic Chaos?

When I hear stuff like Constant Motion or In the Presence of Enemies I'm loving it, but you have to be in the mood for something...f***ed up to enjoy half this album.

This album confuses me.

The second half of In The Pre...was total...BAD cheese. I am not sure how it is getting so much praise? It was like a really bad song, really really bad!

Entertainment, no doubt. But...wow...

So glad I "overpraise" Count Of Tuscany.

For me, this albums best song is Constant Motion. Banging metal tune!

Dude, you thinking this is the bands best album convinces me more than anything that you are a total nut!

Well....I'm flattered.

Nah, its just so full of itself and the indifference it seems to get from a lot of people fuels me to love it more. It sounds great in my ears while I'm working (have a cool job that allows me to listen to my own music, provided I'm still able to communicate effectively and stay productive). I think its an album that has its place and time, I have to be in motion and not in chill out reflective mode like I am now sitting with this cat, listening to King Crimson...

you dig?

• Like 1

Well....I'm flattered.

Nah, its just so full of itself and the indifference it seems to get from a lot of people fuels me to love it more. It sounds great in my ears while I'm working (have a cool job that allows me to listen to my own music, provided I'm still able to communicate effectively and stay productive). I think its an album that has its place and time, I have to be in motion and not in chill out reflective mode like I am now sitting with this cat, listening to King Crimson...

you dig?

It's absolutely crazy, I totally enjoyed it! Reminded me of Nightwish's Imaginaerum, only I think a lot of the cheese was completely accidental with DT.

I am looking forward to spinning it again!

Six Degrees title track was better than the whole of SFAM. Should have been its own album, because the first disc, as good as it is, does not at all reach the same high standard.

So I listened to Scenes from a Memory.

:huh:

Maybe I'll just let it simmer awhile, and go back to it at a different time.

Too much noodly noodly metal guitar for my tastes, honestly. Fitting that many notes into each measure, so frequently, and for such sustained periods over the course of a song...it's just really distracting to me.

The whole ensemble is a great bunch of musicians, no doubt. But they're just not really my thing, from what I've heard so far.

• Like 1

Too much noodly noodly metal guitar for my tastes, honestly. Fitting that many notes into each measure, so frequently, and for such sustained periods over the course of a song...it's just really distracting to me.

The whole ensemble is a great bunch of musicians, no doubt. But they're just not really my thing, from what I've heard so far.

It's mind of how I feel...Octavarium is better, more direct with better songs.

• Like 1

Yeah, if I get another album, that'll be the one.

I put on The Temperance Movement right after Scenes because I felt like my ears needed some un-cluttering...and it worked brilliantly!

:guitar:

• Like 1

Yeah, if I get another album, that'll be the one.

I put on The Temperance Movement right after Scenes because I felt like my ears needed some un-cluttering...and it worked brilliantly!

:guitar:

Temperance Movement are definitley more my cup of tea nowadays, but they have one album!

Playing Dokken. Oh my I love them so much!

So.........you disc 2 of Six Degrees segue?

Mick

I loved it! I think listening to Score warmed me up to it.

But I am in the mood for other bands today: Nightwish, Dokken, Ratt, Tesla, Devin Townshend...yeahhhh...haha

Octavarium later today!

the title track is so awesome

Mick

These Walls is my current favourite DT song, but hands down the best song on the record is the title track!

• Like 1

I have Dark Passion Play on..........Nightwish's bombast is Different. so over the top. to the point where you don't know if they're trolling, lol. I love it.............so much.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I have Dark Passion Play on..........Nightwish's bombast is Different. so over the top. to the point where you don't know if they're trolling, lol. I love it.............so much.

Mick

Tuomoas is in love with fantasy, fairy tales, Disney movies and film scores.

It is sincere, and you must know that, as deep as they can be, they also just LOVE to play entertaining music.

Imaginaerum is the album where they really let loose there love of OTT bombast, which is why I rarely rank it as high as other fans.

On a side note, I played Once today, and it has absolutely captivated me in a way it never has before! Top three album easily.

• Like 1

Mick

Tuomoas is in love with fantasy, fairy tales, Disney movies and film scores.

It is sincere, and you must know that, as deep as they can be, they also just LOVE to play entertaining music.

Imaginaerum is the album where they really let loose there love of OTT bombast, which is why I rarely rank it as high as other fans.

On a side note, I played Once today, and it has absolutely captivated me in a way it never has before! Top three album easily.

i cannot get into Tarja nightwish. the High saprano just clashes with the music for me. the past three are more my thing.

Mick

• Like 1

Remember when you first started the band?

You said you loved it immediately!

Remember when you liked Lacuna Coil, then hated Lacuna Coil, then liked them again?

Dude...you are as bad as me!

• Like 1

Remember when you liked Lacuna Coil, then hated Lacuna Coil, then liked them again?

yea Tarja nightwish was to quick of a judgement on my part. i always liked the music side of it though.

Tarja was like suddenly having michael Crawford join DT. Just does not compute to me.

Mick

• Like 1

yea Tarja nightwish was to quick of a judgement on my part. i always liked the music side of it though.

Tarja was like suddenly having michael Crawford join DT. Just does not compute to me.

Mick

Century Child and Once lack opera for the most part. I am always in the mood to play Century Child through to EFMB, but the first three albums, which are amongst my all time favourite, are less played (but no less loved) because, yes, its a "mood" thing.

• Like 1

I honestly am at a point where I can't argue about Dream Theater at all.

I hear how much they directly copy other bands...its so obvious, but I truly love what they do!

• Like 1