The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

That's why I come here and post things that I know would not be appreciated on the rest of the forum. It's a safe place. :)

we are your shelter Lorraine.

a happy place away from.........the noise, lol

With Cupcakes

and rainbows.

Mick

This thread needs the OP!

• Like 1

Oh I thought The Root was As I Am for some dumb reason haha!

it has elements from As I Am in it, lol

Mick

Haha for real? Coz I did mistake it at first and then I was like "no wait I love this...Octavarium?!?"
  • Like 1

That's why I come here and post things that I know would not be appreciated on the rest of the forum. It's a safe place. :)

we are your shelter Lorraine.

a happy place away from.........the noise, lol

With Cupcakes

and rainbows.

Mick

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 3

Blue J, you will appreciate this.

My husband is a strange man. Despite the fact that I've told him at least fifty times that I do not enjoy watching movies at all and have no interest in them, he brings me home the other day King of Kings. :)

And check this out if you don't already own the cd: http://www.ebay.com/...&chn=ps&lpid=82

Wow!

That is by far the cheapest I've ever seen it. Long out-of-print, as you know.

Perhaps your husband feels in the back of his mind that you will watch the film. (And hey, he might be right :) ).

It looks like it is from France, but who cares?

As for watching the movie, I am watching it now. I'm glad he brought it home for me. :) Some of the acting is superb.

All the more remarkable if it is an import, shipped across an ocean, for that price.

I've bought a couple of CD's from an eBay seller in Argentina- one of them was the 2009 remaster of the Beatles' Revolver album- for $12, delivered!

• Like 1

My husband is a strange man. Despite the fact that I've told him at least fifty times that I do not enjoy watching movies at all and have no interest in them, he brings me home the other day King of Kings. :)

And check this out if you don't already own the cd: http://www.ebay.com/...&chn=ps&lpid=82

Wow!

Perhaps your husband feels in the back of his mind that you will watch the film. (And hey, he might be right :) ).

As for watching the movie, I am watching it now. I'm glad he brought it home for me. :) Some of the acting is superb.

All the more remarkable if it is an import, shipped across an ocean, for that price.

I've bought a couple of CD's from an eBay seller in Argentina- one of them was the 2009 remaster of the Beatles' Revolver album- for $12, delivered!

I bought the entire box set of remastered albums for £70.

Wow!

I'm going to order it this week even though I shouldn't. Can't pass this up, and watching the movie makes me remember how much I loved the soundtrack to it.

So Score is my new squishy.

I shall name it squishy and it will be my squishy.

• Like 1

so i take it the DVD is a go?

Mick

Oh hell no!

Just kidding...this is phenomenal...its better than I expected, and way smoother vocally than I had anticipated, and a lot of this Octavarium stuff is difficult. And Innocence Faded is superior here to the album version.

• Like 1

so i take it the DVD is a go?

Mick

Oh hell no!

Just kidding...this is phenomenal...its better than I expected, and way smoother vocally than I had anticipated, and a lot of this Octavarium stuff is difficult. And Innocence Faded is superior here to the album version.

this the best DVD to showcase James. not a flat or out of place note aanywhere.

Best James on DVD out there.

Mick

OH MY WORD THEY DID RAISE THE KNIFE!!!!

I just heard that today, and thought "bless...they were so dumb they forgot to release this one". Jokes on me because this version sounds a lot better!

• Like 1

I just heard that today, and thought "bless...they were so dumb they forgot to release this one". Jokes on me because this version sounds a lot better!

This version was my intro to Knife.....thank God.

i love Lebrie's last "RAISE THE KNIFE!!!"

Chills

Mick

• Like 1

This version was my intro to Knife.....thank God.

i love Lebrie's last "RAISE THE KNIFE!!!"

Chills

Mick

I loved the demo...but this is better!

• Like 1

One song I wish had been played on Score: These Walls. I would have swapped it for Vacant. Or even better, added as an extra song on the set list!
  • Like 1

One song I wish had been played on Score: These Walls. I would have swapped it for Vacant. Or even better, added as an extra song on the set list!

So your up to Vacant.

what did you think of Six Degrees live.

They do these walls as a bonus track on live at Luna Park, Btw

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

And Six Degrees...wow almost in tears it affected me lyrically big time and its so powerful live!

Obsessed.

• Like 1

I really need to sleep but I HAVE to finish this.

Both DVD and album will be collected pronto!

• Like 1

Your gonna poop at Sacraficed sons then, lol

Mick

Sacrificed Sons was phenomenal.

Lyrically it hits me right home, I understand those lyrics and the reasoning and sentiments behind them completely and it utterly moves me. Braver songwriting than many might think, being so honest and unafraid to hit the point so directly!

• Like 1

Now actually seeing it will blow you back.

Mick

I don't have the cash at this very moment but the DVD is cheap on Amazon UK, as is the CD.

DVD first, as I always have Spotify. I already downloaded the albums so I can play them everywhere...its just a matter of collecting them now (thankfully the bulk was in the box!).

• Like 1