RIP Rush.....or not.

fraroc

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rush-reveals-drummer-neal-peart-has-chronic-tendonitis-next-tour-is-the-last-tour

God, I am sick and tired of these f***ing misleading titles for the interview with Alex where he revealed that Neil has tendonitis in his shoulders. Of course, the article itself mentions the possibility of Rush doing one-off live shows or short tours after R40, but of course, Metal Injection had to play the "This is Rush's Farewell Tour" card.

• Like 1

It's certainly a farewell to the longer 30-40 date tours. But I believe they will do a few shorter tours of about a dozen or so dates before they call it a day. Look at some bands who are older than them like Black Sabbath and The Rolling Stones who are still doing it. Rush still has something left in the tank, they're just gonna be scaling it back a lot after this tour. Edited by J2112YYZ

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

• Like 5

This is sort of like newspapers around the country rehashing AP news reports. Nothing new so media repeats the last story.

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE?

"Well, we’re not finished as a band. We still talk about recording.

Who knows, there may be an opportunity in the future to do not a big tour, but a series of concerts … like a week in Massey Hall or Radio City Music Hall." -Alex Lifeson

The door is not closed.

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

Who knows, there may be an opportunity in the future to do not a big tour, but a series of concerts … like a week in Massey Hall or Radio City Music Hall." -Alex Lifeson

The door is not closed.

Maybe they're going to do a "Vegas" run!

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

Who knows? My point is, the door is being kept ajar. Or closed but not locked.

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

Who knows? My point is, the door is being kept ajar. Or closed but not locked.

In a discussion I had with a friend about a month ago, his thoughts are that if they get bored, or the money isn't lasting (but I think they've probably wisely invested) They'll be back.

I'm looking at it this way. They'll start off like it's a hiatus, sort of like when Neil had his "tragedies" Alex will do something solo, Geddy will do something solo...maybe something live this time for one of both, and Neil will be busy with his family. Neil might play on one of their albums on a tune or two...and if he "happens" to be at one of their live dates...wanders up on stage and plays drums to _______ (nothing overly crazy)

IF they decide to do something as Rush, it won't be much, because by the time Neil is willing to be torn away from being "daddy" he'll be 70, and they won't want to do anything extensive. (and with their music, he'd break something trying to play it, unless he went all electronic and learned to play without velocity)

So with that personal assessment.....RUSH WILL BE DONE AFTER THIS TOUR! (unless they add a second leg, then) RUSH WILL BE DONE AFTER THE SECOND LEG! (sorry Europe)

• Like 1

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rush-reveals-drummer-neal-peart-has-chronic-tendonitis-next-tour-is-the-last-tour

God, I am sick and tired of these f***ing misleading titles for the interview with Alex where he revealed that Neil has tendonitis in his shoulders. Of course, the article itself mentions the possibility of Rush doing one-off live shows or short tours after R40, but of course, Metal Injection had to play the "This is Rush's Farewell Tour" card.

Its all a strategy to induce Rush "chatter" and "trending" on the net and among the universal rock-listening community to give as much exposure that this may well be their last tour (and its not). Most ppl are naive/gullible and refuse to believe this sleaze strategy. I can't wait to hear what the next "debilitating" factor is. Geddy's pinky finger has some rare callous that may prevent him from playing future dates or his weiner dog gets separation anxiety.....wooooooo, scary kids! Awooooooooooooo lol

Edited by GeminiRising79

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

Yeah, because Alex is soooo reliable, right?

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

It doesn't matter what Alex, Geddy, or anyone else wants/says. It's NOT their decision. Trust me My Friend, Neil is SLAMMING that door shut and throwing away the key!

• Like 2

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

It doesn't matter what Alex, Geddy, or anyone else wants/says. It's NOT their decision. Trust me My Friend, Neil is SLAMMING that door shut and throwing away the key!

Wow. Someone speaking truth. Bottom line? Neil IS Rush.

Decades ago I used to wonder what use a drummer was. I know better now.

Without Neil, they might as well hang it up. No matter what I think of him, it can never be denied that as a drummer he excels.

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

Maybe like Garth Brooks did, Fly home after every show!!!

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

Exactly. Not sure why - other than denial - that some people are not seeing what's so obvious.

Neil is done after this run. He has never been a fan of touring and could only even stand it by escaping on his bike off into the boonies during the daytime. Now with a young daughter at home AND significant physical ailments, what little affection he did have for the rock star lifestyle has evaporated. He is only doing THIS tour as a favor to Ged and Alex.

I seriously doubt anything beyond August 1 has been discussed. Alex is merely speculating and even there he's obviously not expecting much more to happen. The days of having an active and inspired Rush to enjoy are very few at this point.

Sure it's conceivable Neil might be coaxed into occasional scattered shows if he's feeling physically capable. And those few shows will be nowhere near 97% of us. Anyone who really wants to see Rush again and can make it to one of this year's shows had better take advantage of the opportunity.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 2

It's Over .

Seek Therapy.

Be Thankful.

Accept the Facts

The door is not closed.

Exactly. Not sure why - other than denial - that some people are not seeing what's so obvious.

Neil is done after this run. He has never been a fan of touring and could only even stand it by escaping on his bike off into the boonies during the daytime. Now with a young daughter at home AND significant physical ailments, what little affection he did have for the rock star lifestyle has evaporated. He is only doing THIS tour as a favor to Ged and Alex.

I seriously doubt anything beyond August 1 has been discussed. Alex is merely speculating and even there he's obviously not expecting much more to happen. The days of having an active and inspired Rush to enjoy are very few at this point.

Sure it's conceivable Neil might be coaxed into occasional scattered shows if he's feeling physically capable. And those few shows will be nowhere near 97% of us. Anyone who really wants to see Rush again and can make it to one of this year's shows had better take advantage of the opportunity.

Remember, as much as we joke about it, Alex and Geddy are lifelong friends.

Neil considers Rush his employment. Loves Alex and Geddy, but I doubt they spend holidays together

As for Rush, he has embraced it, loved it, hated it, HE HAS walked away before.

For 4 Years. It should not come as a surprise he may/ WILL do it again.

How people can't understand/ comprende that,....wow

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

Hang on here-Neil didn't walk away-he had personal tragedies to deal with & it took him 4 years to deal with them. Don't say he walked away.

He regrets NOT spending more time with his 1st family. Read his books

Now he has a 2nd chance at a Family, same scenario , wife, daughter.....

Blinders on.

• Like 3

Hang on here-Neil didn't walk away-he had personal tragedies to deal with & it took him 4 years to deal with them. Don't say he walked away.

He regrets NOT spending more time with his 1st family. Read his books

Now he has a 2nd chance at a Family, same scenario , wife, daughter.....

Blinders on.

I really don't understand your answer here.