RIP Rush.....or not.

fraroc

I agree that painting Neil as the bad guy is just unfair. He's got legitimate reasons for quitting after this tour. There comes a time when the body just won't do it anymore. Why shouldn't they retire and be able to enjoy life doing something other than touring year after year. It's one thing to live out of a suitcase constantly when you're young, but as you get older it gets harder. I wish people would give them a break.
  • Like 4

People are greedy, is what it is.

Waah, I don't want Rush to retire and I want to live forever.

LOL. Accept reality as it is, and you have a marginally easier time in this universe. :)

• Like 3

LOL. Accept reality as it is, and you have a marginally easier time in this universe. :)

You sound like TheAmazingAthiest on Youtube.

Anyways, I think supersyl has a point....I can't help but think, is the decision on whether or whether not to retire after R40 possibly Rush's first big major disagreement as a band after 41 years of being together? If it's really coming to that, then part of me would rather them retire than have the other bad scenario happen, Rush breaking up. (Of course, if Rush does call it quits after R40, music tabloids will say that Rush broke up.)

You sound like TheAmazingAthiest on Youtube.

I'm not a regular on YouTube.

If you have a better way to deal with the universe, I'm all ears. :)

Anyways, I think supersyl has a point....I can't help but think, is the decision on whether or whether not to retire after R40 possibly Rush's first big major disagreement as a band after 41 years of being together? If it's really coming to that, then part of me would rather them retire than have the other bad scenario happen, Rush breaking up. (Of course, if Rush does call it quits after R40, music tabloids will say that Rush broke up.)

NO.

Why do guys like you insist on reading more into things than what is?

"I can't help but think..." = "I can't accept the possibility that Rush is getting old and most likely retiring, so there's gotta be some nefarious foul play at work for me to justify it, because I cannot embrace the likelihood that they could just walk away from touring and the public eye."

What sounds more likely, I wonder. Old age and grace accepting it, or some cockamammie conspiracy theory about dark forces preventing Rush from doing what they should do - perpetually, apparently - and tour until they're in their 90s.

I actually give them credit for retiring (even if they do) rather than make a pathetic attempt at continuing on!

"OH wait, here comes the first break in Tom Sawyer....oooops, he blew it again! Remember when he used to NAIL that every time! Vegas has a betting system for it!"

Will He: 62%

Won't He: 30%

Drops a stick: 8%

This drama is killing some of you! I sure hope you can sleep at night knowing that Rush may not be in existence as a physical entity after August 1 2015! :facepalm:

After this tour....forget them doing any tour again for at least 2-3 years....no doubt in my mind Neil is done for a long time. He may be done period. But I am savoring my two shows on this tour as they will be the last for the foreseeable future and possibly ever. Edited by Todem

After this tour....forget them doing any tour again for at least 2-3 years....no doubt in my mind Neil is done for a long time. He may be done period. But I am savoring my two shows on this tour as they will be the last for the foreseeable future and possibly ever.

I've felt that way ever since the VT comeback tour.... Enjoy it while it lasts, if it happens again great, but at least you got to see them one last time! After what I thought was my last shot in 1996, I really thought that was IT!